Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

WRESTLEMANIA 38 - Will it indeed be "STUPENDOUS!!"? Night 1 and Night 2 picks

<< < (4/4)

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on April 05, 2022, 11:35:36 AM ---I watched Edge / Styles just because I happened to be in front of the TV when I learned WM was on and I had Peacock lol.

It was a good match, but not the epic battle I think they are capable of.  The spot on the apron was good, but I thought this could have been a  45 minute masterpiece.

Haven't really followed this stuff for a bit outside of following Kane on Twitter, who has been mostly complaining about mask mandates, of all things.

--- End quote ---

If you liked that, you would have LOVED the Rhodes vs. Rollins match on night 1, as well as the Raw Women's championship with Lynch and Belair (black eye and all).

Truth be told, if it weren't for WWE so fixated on Austin, either one of those matches could have (and should have) been the main event of night 1.

The best matches from night two were Styles vs. Edge, the Raw tag title bout, and Reigns vs. Lesnar. I'm still hearing buzz that Lesnar legitimately dislocated Reigns shoulder, during the match. He was still smarting on Raw, barely able to lift one of his belts in the air. There's a spot after the pinfall where Reigns grabs the top rope and appears to jerk his shoulder back into socket.

Playboy:
I'm late chiming in on this one but what a great WM  :)

They did the right thing Giving Roman the win. He is doing well with the title, let him keep going. Brock is a part time wrestler. Same with Ronda Rousey. They did the right thing keeping the title on Charlotte. She is the best female talent they have right now. Becky might be over, but she is not better. AJ and Edge had a great match. Edge will be starting a new "Brood" faction with Damien Priest and a 3rd member...going to be interesting. Gotta love how a 78 year old Vince took Austin's stunner lol...he botched it hard but even Steve was laughing lol. All in good fun. Austin and Owens killed it. Happy to see Bianca Belair win. She has worked her butt off and as I stated before, ppl are tired of Becky and the same old promo. Cody Rhodes and Seth killed it as well! Great match and Cody's new persona is gold. As expected, Zane and Knoxville was a trainwreck of tables, chairs, shovels, dynamite lol. Sheamus' match got cancelled due to time constraints. All in all, I thought it was a great WM.

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: Playboy on April 07, 2022, 04:43:52 AM ---I'm late chiming in on this one but what a great WM  :)

They did the right thing Giving Roman the win. He is doing well with the title, let him keep going. Brock is a part time wrestler. Same with Ronda Rousey. They did the right thing keeping the title on Charlotte. She is the best female talent they have right now. Becky might be over, but she is not better. AJ and Edge had a great match. Edge will be starting a new "Brood" faction with Damien Priest and a 3rd member...going to be interesting. Gotta love how a 78 year old Vince took Austin's stunner lol...he botched it hard but even Steve was laughing lol. All in good fun. Austin and Owens killed it. Happy to see Bianca Belair win. She has worked her butt off and as I stated before, ppl are tired of Becky and the same old promo. Cody Rhodes and Seth killed it as well! Great match and Cody's new persona is gold. As expected, Zane and Knoxville was a trainwreck of tables, chairs, shovels, dynamite lol. Sheamus' match got cancelled due to time constraints. All in all, I thought it was a great WM.

--- End quote ---

But was it......STUPENDOUS???  ;D

I'd say barely and one of the reasons was they bumped the New Day vs. Sheamus & Holland match to night 2 and basically ran through it in 5 minutes.

I felt night 1 really had to shine, as the card was lopsided to favor night 2. So, moving that match was a good call.

Playboy:

--- Quote from: MCWAY on April 08, 2022, 06:59:30 AM ---But was it......STUPENDOUS???  ;D

I'd say barely and one of the reasons was they bumped the New Day vs. Sheamus & Holland match to night 2 and basically ran through it in 5 minutes.

I felt night 1 really had to shine, as the card was lopsided to favor night 2. So, moving that match was a good call.

--- End quote ---
Lol...stupendous no, decent yes. I thought night one was better than night two.

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: Playboy on April 21, 2022, 07:46:53 AM ---Lol...stupendous no, decent yes. I thought night one was better than night two.

--- End quote ---

Not even just a little stupendous? The attendance was "only" around 78,000 each night. You can't necessarily brag about 150K people being at the show; I mean, how many people only attended one night of 'Mania?

Since they do announce which matches will be on each night, I wonder if anyone decided to only attend night 2. Or, if he thought the Reigns-Lesnar match was a foregone conclusion, someone decided just to see night 1 for, say, Lynch vs. Belair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version