Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Rusty old Bar

(1/5) > >>

JackTheRipper:
just dragged out an old feather steel Olympic bar out my basement & surprisingly not that much rust on there. Just on a sleeve & itīs definitely "eaten" into the metal causing like fine rough pimples on the bar ( donīt know how to say it any other way)
so i know thereīs a load of videos out there telling you to put it in vinegar...wire brush ..etc but i just sprayed it with WD-40  spray, wiped it & then left a layer of WD-40 on there.
will this be enough?  iīm going to start using the bar again.  still spins good.
Chrome bars are better i think as mine is a black feather steel bar. bought in the 90s.
 :)

Royalty:
Do you keep people down in your basement too? You sick son of a bitch.

JackTheRipper:

--- Quote from: Royalty on February 02, 2023, 03:57:11 AM ---Do you keep people down in your basement too? You sick son of a bitch.

--- End quote ---
Dorian kept people in his Dungeon downstairs...was he a sick son of a bitch?  :D

Gym Rat:
If it spins OK and plates still slide on it OK, I'm sure that's fine.
I know plenty of folks who are old iron fanatics, and spend more time cleaning and refurbishing them, then actually training w/ them.
They have zero muscle and zero physique. Yet a great iron collection. (Odd  ???)

Any markings on teh bar as far as who made it? Some of those old bars are great. Yorks, Eleiko's, etc...

JackTheRipper:

--- Quote from: Gym Rat on February 02, 2023, 04:16:20 AM ---If it spins OK and plates still slide on it OK, I'm sure that's fine.
I know plenty of folks who are old iron fanatics, and spend more time cleaning and refurbishing them, then actually training w/ them.
They have zero muscle and zero physique. Yet a great iron collection. (Odd  ???)

Any markings on teh bar as far as who made it? Some of those old bars are great. Yorks, Eleiko's, etc...

--- End quote ---

no name on it.  Itīs definitely feather steel , black.  well thatīs what they told me, USA Feather steel & it was expensive for a bar back when i bought it. It dosenīt spin fast like some bars iīve seen today & has very deep aggressive knurling on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version