Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Why do people think size = progress.

(1/2) > >>

Wiggs:
Looking at older pics of Ronnie from 98 and 99 and remembering some comments Chad made, it's pretty much a conclusion that while most everyone agrees that Ronnie was jaw droppingly huge at the 03 and 04 Olympias.  He had not progressed.  While I understand that he can't go back to his 98 Olympia weight of around 250, it is blaringly obvious he is not the the near perfect champ he used to be.  He will never obtain the condition that he was he was able to obtain, his waistline and separation will also never be the same.  But I don't understand how Chad or even Ronnie for that matter can say that Ronnie has progressed since 1999.  Yes, he's added more mass but he didn't get better.  With that being said many other pros have gone down that road ie: Dennis James and ruined their physiques.  I don't think to many people would have complained it Ronnie had only put on a total of 10lbs over the last 9 Mr. Os.  Chad says this is what the judges want?.....No this is what Ronnie brought and like Dorian everyone tried to follow.  Unlike the people that tried to copy Dorian, many smartened up and figured they never catch Ronnie and just gave up and let the other big guys fight it out amongst themselves.

youandme:
True Bigger is not always better....

Milos held his look very well once he gained added muscle

Jay's new pics he pulled the added size together for a tight package.

Hulkster:
I don't think Ronnie had a choice.

He came in at 247 for the Arnold Classic, looking ripped and awesome, with the exception of the gut when relaxed.

He tried to recapture this condition for two years, almost lost 2 olympias and was "beat" by Gunter in an effort to sell tickets.

He screwed up every time trying to reclaim his arnold classic glory.

He HAD to change his game plan or face real losses and embarassment..

And the only thing that apparently worked was size.

fathead:
BECAUSE IT'S BODYBUILDING

JasonH:
Size is progress - up to a point. It's certainly true for your average gym trainer who has no aspirations to compete. Especially someone like myself who is always looking to get bigger.
But you've still got to draw the line - it depends on what your goals are. It's now getting to a point that I'm as big as I want to be and I'm now looking to cut it all up and get my abs on display year round. I don't want my face looking fat and puffy as it's simply not a good look for those people out of the gym to see on a regular basis. For pro bodybuilders it's different - adding extra size at their level can actually ruin a physique. As long as they can cut it up to back it up then they can pull it off. My 2 cents...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version