Author Topic: Opinions on Cutting?  (Read 862 times)

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
Opinions on Cutting?
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:57:38 PM »
To get ready for summer, I decided that I would try to cut...by this I mean get leaner, lower my bf, and not lose so much muscle. I'm 5'8 at 175 lbs and I'd like to get to 165. On a regular day, I'll eat 6-7 eggs (most whites) and two slices of whole wheat bread. I'm a college student so I'll take a shake to class or a small snack. My other three meals separated by 3-4 hours apart consist of lean ground turkey mixed with eggs or chicken breasts or some tuna, both with brown rice and a side of brocolli. I'm also trying to portion everything so I don't end up stuffed after each meal.

I'll workout and take my Krealkalyn before and after (just bc my friend gave me a bottle for free). I'll mix in my BCAA and a scoop of glutamine with my shake and I'll have one of the meals I mentioned above. Also trying to keep the carb consumption lower towards the nightime.

I'm trying to workout a little earlier to get my sleeping pattern down to 2-10am. As for cardio, I aim for 4-5 days a week with a mixture of sprints or jumpropes or anything that'll get my heartrate up for 20-30 minutes.

Am I missing out on anything? Is my goal realistic at this point?   

Any feedback would be appreciated  :)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: Opinions on Cutting?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:02:31 AM »
Everything looks cool.  Just have one question about the sleep though.  Why do you go to sleep that late?  For job reasons?  Personally I feel healthiest when I stick to a light/dark routine, ie. I go to bed relatively early and wake up when it gets light.  Supposedly it's the natural thing for humans to do to get as much light as possible, I used to think it was crap but ever since I started doing this it's helped.
It hasn't helped...

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:06:16 AM »
Everything looks cool.  Just have one question about the sleep though.  Why do you go to sleep that late?  For job reasons?  Personally I feel healthiest when I stick to a light/dark routine, ie. I go to bed relatively early and wake up when it gets light.  Supposedly it's the natural thing for humans to do to get as much light as possible, I used to think it was crap but ever since I started doing this it's helped.

Work related stuff...I'm a part time teacher so I spend my nights correcting homework in addition to doing homework. Yea, I tried sleeping earlier before and I was amazed at how much energy I had for the day. I'll work on the sleeping pattern thanks for the advice!

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 10:45:19 AM »
Everything looks fine.  It's realistic depending on your current bodyfat.  I'm assuming it's pretty low since you weight 175.  If so it'll be a little harder than the average man looking to lose 10lbs but keeping your diet in check and increasing the intensity of the cardio you should be fine.