Author Topic: Side Tricep head  (Read 4679 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: Side Tricep head
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
3 years. and i can barebll curl 110 pounds for working sets, thank you very much.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 04:25:01 PM »
ummmm no!!! reverse grip pull downs are almost entirely the side head.  normal grip push downs are almost entirely the rear head.
no this hits the long head not the side head
choice is an illusion

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 03:31:55 AM »
alright guys. your all idiots.

if your hand is palm in(normal pushdawns, and you hitting primarily the rear head; then by twisting your hand a quarter of the ways out( to rope pull downs) you transition from rear head to both rear and side heads, then its only logical that the next quarter(reverse pull downs) turn will transition from rear and side head to the side head alone.

fucking RETARDS. go do the exercise and you will FEEL just how right i am.

and squadfaggot, reverse grip skull crushers with the ez curl bar are a fantastic outerhead developer.

The boys right. I use the ezcurl cable bar and do reverse grip. I dont find it limits teh weight i can work with, as i can go pretty much as heavy doing reeverse grip as regular grip. Now i dont only do reverse grip, but i usually do them every other workout, and i have a great side insert whatever the fuck its called.

Also wide grip pushdowns work great for me to for targeting that part of the tri.

must my 2c

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »

The boys right. I use the ezcurl cable bar and do reverse grip.

You're making the same mistake he is. What he's suggesting is only one way, and personally i don't find it the best alternative.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 08:34:28 AM »
so first i am wrong, and need an anatomy class. then im arrogant, stupid, and i dont know what im talking about because im a teenager.

and now...its just that what i said is not the best option, but it IS indeed an option?

stop hating on me just because your jealous of my amass of knowledge at such a young age.

^^now THAT is arrogant. but i dont give a fuck...because i am legitemately knowledgeable; and therefore, rightly arrogant.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »
so first i am wrong, and need an anatomy class. then im arrogant, stupid, and i dont know what im talking about because im a teenager.

and now...its just that what i said is not the best option, but it IS indeed an option?

stop hating on me just because your jealous of my amass of knowledge at such a young age.

^^now THAT is arrogant. but i dont give a fuck...because i am legitemately knowledgeable; and therefore, rightly arrogant.

Don't kid yourself, your know-it-all attitude's 100% obnoxious. I knew more than you at your age but never assumed i had it all figured out going around "explaining the truth" to others the way you do, wording it as though it's the only way.

Bottom line anyone who goes around patting himself on the back for being "knowledgeable" probably isn't if you have to say it. It only confirms you're a jackass.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:42 AM »
Don't kid yourself, your attitudes especially the know-it-all stuff's 100% obnoxious. Being only 18 and telling everyone else that you have it all figured out makes you look like a jackass.
exactly. i dont give a fuck what you people think of me. so ill say whatever the hell i want to say...

normally i am a really nie guy.  but when people contradict my advice, especially my ACCURATE advice, just because they can say "hes only 18. ahahaha. to be 18 again and know everything!!"; im going to fire back.

i am NOT your average 18 year old, pumpster. i DO have knowledge.    what i DONT have, obviously, is that much experience.  but like you said...you dont need experience to have info, you just need a brain and an interest.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 08:46:04 AM »
You're way too impressed with yourself, and keep making absolute statements like you know better than anyone else when in fact you're almost the least qualified.

I said experience isn't everything, get it right. I means a lot even though you arrogantly dismiss it.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 08:48:41 AM »
exactly. i dont give a fuck what you people think of me. so ill say whatever the hell i want to say...

normally i am a really nie guy.  but when people contradict my advice, especially my ACCURATE advice, just because they can say "hes only 18. ahahaha. to be 18 again and know everything!!"; im going to fire back.

i am NOT your average 18 year old, pumpster. i DO have knowledge.    what i DONT have, obviously, is that much experience.  but like you said...you dont need experience to have info, you just need a brain and an interest.

you claim to have knowledge, but your "advice" is contradictary to the anatomy and physics of the body...  so in fact, you DON'T have knowledge.  You have an assumption...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
you claim to have knowledge, but your "advice" is contradictary to the anatomy and physics of the body...  so in fact, you DON'T have knowledge.  You have an assumption...
what advice is contradictory to human anatomy? show me. because there is nothing.  reverse pull downs DO hit the outer head. more so than rope pull downs, in fact.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 08:57:26 AM »
what advice is contradictory to human anatomy? show me. because there is nothing.  reverse pull downs DO hit the outer head. more so than rope pull downs, in fact.

I tell you what...since you have such extensive knowledge... You show me how your "claim" is true....  This is your shot to prove me wrong big boy!  If you provide evidence that what you are "claiming" is TRUTH then I will admit my lack of "knowledge."

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »
I tell you what...since you have such extensive knowledge... You show me how your "claim" is true....  This is your shot to prove me wrong big boy!  If you provide evidence that what you are "claiming" is TRUTH then I will admit my lack of "knowledge."
all i could find was a link to bodybuildign dot.com; that pretty much says that rope push downs work all three headsequally, and all three heads equal to reverse pull downs...    pretty lame answer.

http://forum1.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=43028351&postcount=1

the anmount of stars denotes the amount of muscle activation on each head for the exercises listed.
Triceps pushdown with rope

Lateral Head: **

Long Head: **

Medial Head: **

Triceps pushdown with angled bar

One-arm triceps pushdown

Long Head: *

One-arm triceps pushdown with reverse grip

d[-_-]b actin all cool

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »
all i could find was a link to bodybuildign dot.com; that pretty much says that rope push downs work all three headsequally, and all three heads equal to reverse pull downs...    pretty lame answer.

http://forum1.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=43028351&postcount=1

the anmount of stars denotes the amount of muscle activation on each head for the exercises listed.
Triceps pushdown with rope

Triceps pushdown with angled bar

One-arm triceps pushdown

Long Head: *

One-arm triceps pushdown with reverse grip

Listen I am not trying to bust your balls man...but this info does not support your "theory."  Lets keep this civilized and keep searching....

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 08:14:39 PM »
I think we all need to chill here a little ;D. I'm actually going to give it a try tonight at gym and see how it feels. Not sure it will work that well with low weight though :-\.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 08:20:58 PM »
I think we all need to chill here a little ;D. I'm actually going to give it a try tonight at gym and see how it feels. Not sure it will work that well with low weight though :-\.

Yeah I dunno about low weight, I go for high weight, about as much as I would for regular grip, just maybe 5-10lbs less.  I find it doesnt hurt my elbows as much either, but dont ask me the science behind it! :P

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 01:28:05 AM »
Yeah I dunno about low weight, I go for high weight, about as much as I would for regular grip, just maybe 5-10lbs less.  I find it doesn't hurt my elbows as much either, but dont ask me the science behind it! :P

Yeah i tried it today. It is a differant feel to it but i couldn't pinpoint which head exactly was feeling it the most. I was a little fatigued tho as i had just finished a few sets of dips and it was at the end of my workout when i tried them. May have to try them fresh to really pinpoint it I'd say.

Very hard to use much weight though for me. I was using half of what i use with a normal grip :P. My thumbs in the grip would start giving way well before my triceps. Ummm I think I'm still on the fence with these, could be something to throw in once every 2nd or third workout i guess 8).

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 03:43:26 AM »
Oh shit big suprise, Cumster Pumpster deleted my ON TOPIC post again. What a nazi.  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 07:34:31 AM »
Oh shit big suprise, Cumster Pumpster deleted my ON TOPIC post again. What a nazi.  ::)

Continue trolling and you'll be in timeout.

Hope this helps  ;D

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 11:13:27 AM »
No one has answered my question.

The answer to my question would show how wrong a number of you are.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 12:18:23 PM »
No one has answered my question.

The answer to my question would show how wrong a number of you are.

what questions was that?

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
Can you explain how that works when the muscle you are describing has one insertion point where is crosses the elbow.

Thanks ever so much.

This was in response to someone suggesting that a reverse girp works some part of the tricep more than another.  I would like to know how rotation at the elbow and or wrist can change emphasis form one head to another when all 3 share an insertion point where they cross the elbow.

Anatomy and physiology answer these questions better than 'bro science'.