Author Topic: HIT instead of 5x5  (Read 864 times)

bash31

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
HIT instead of 5x5
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
Well, decided to do the HIT instead of Frankies 5x5, just because I was getting sore joints and it taking longer and longer. I normally do 5x5 on the racklifts at 215kilo, but I did 180 for 20 and my lower back killed me, shrugs were ok and so was the pulldown, all done in 20mins. This morning I was expecting to have some soreness, but no, nothing, feel a little disappointed as I thought I would have DOMS, am thinking to just chuck it in and go back to 5x5, but will probably finish off the week and asses from there.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: HIT instead of 5x5
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »
If you're new to HIT and don't feel any soreness you didn't do it right. Probably nowhere near the intensity required. Get a training partner, be ready to train far into negative failure and read up on HIT on this thread and elsewhere. Get serious if you're gonna do it otherwise you're kidding yourself.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=159138.0

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: HIT instead of 5x5
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »
Eg, when you do the rack deadlifts, you could do a drop set, by first going cerca 10 reps to total failure, then quickly strip a plate, and eek out as many reps as you can with that weight (cerca 4-6 reps), and then off with another plate and go to total failure again (cerca 4-6 reps)

When doing benchpress, you should really use one or two spotters, and do several negatives at the end of the set, eg.
As empty as paradise