Author Topic: Muscle Tears chances  (Read 5459 times)

ASJChaotic

Muscle Tears chances
« on: December 10, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »
it's very rare for natural bodybuilders to tear muscles am I right?
Does anybody know how much the chances of tearing a muscle go up when steroids are introduced?
Do steroids weaken the tendons or the muscles and cause the tear?

I'm planning on going very heavy and training almost like a power lifter, just don't wanna tear anything
and would appreciate some tips. 
Of course all natural.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
Re: Muscle Tears chances
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »
Why would you care how much steroids change things if you're planning to be natural?

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:41:43 PM »
Does anybody know how much the chances of tearing a muscle go up when steroids are introduced?

I'm planning on going very heavy and training almost like a power lifter, just don't wanna tear anything
Of course all natural.
Your main concern should be perfect form at a controlled tempo.  ;)
That being said, tears can occur even with good form, even with light weight, etc...  :-\

ASJChaotic

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
Why would you care how much steroids change things if you're planning to be natural?

because I wanna know if muscle tears only happen in steroid users
and if naturals have to even worry about them

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
Your main concern should be perfect form at a controlled tempo.  ;)
That being said, tears can occur even with good form, even with light weight, etc...  :-\

Good advice.  Warming up the elbow, knee and shoulder joints before starting your main exercises are also a necessity, as well as some total body dynamic warmups (high kicks, step-ups, squat thrusts, windmills, etc.).  What's the phrase, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »

Of course all natural.

quoted for the comedic value

ASJChaotic

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »
Good advice.  Warming up the elbow, knee and shoulder joints before starting your main exercises are also a necessity, as well as some total body dynamic warmups (high kicks, step-ups, squat thrusts, windmills, etc.).  What's the phrase, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

but naturals don't have to worry about muscle tears if they go heavy do they?

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »

even funnier... This is good stuff, the rate your going Saturday Night Live will have to put you on the roster. :D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
because I wanna know if muscle tears only happen in steroid users
and if naturals have to even worry about them
No and of course they should.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »

It can still happen in naturals. It's unfortunate, but a risk well worth taking.
Just warm up the joints properly as Zach suggested and use perfect, controlled form to reduce the chances as much as possible.  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »
even funnier... This is good stuff, the rate your going Saturday Night Live will have to put you on the roster. :D

Alex.....fuck off back to the thread I owned you, on this board try to be productive and helpful
you follow me everywhere puppy. 

ASJChaotic

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »
It can still happen in naturals. It's unfortunate, but a risk well worth taking.
Just warm up the joints properly as Zach suggested and use perfect, controlled form to reduce the chances as much as possible.  ;)

I have been only working out for 10 months and those 10 months have been light weights and half ass work outs

time to get serious

I'm gonna be f**king huge and strong >:(  ;D

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
I have been only working out for 10 months and those 10 months have been light weights and half ass work outs

time to get serious

I'm gonna be f**king huge and strong >:(  ;D
Maintain that attitude and you will.  ;) A big part of it is the way you think between workouts; you must know you're growing.

My personal advice would be to do all compounds your first few years, just as big L proposed in that other thread
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=251711.0
and train for strength as you've indicated in this thread you're planning on. That's a very productive idea.  ;)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Beyond Brawn
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »

Please, please, please tell me you're not serious here.

ASJChaotic

Re: Beyond Brawn
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 08:12:39 PM »
BTW,

This is an excellent book to study and follow:

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Brawn-Insiders-Encyclopedia-Muscle/dp/9963916368/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228968245&sr=1-1

;)

I have it, along with alot of other books, but I have to read it  :-\

Please, please, please tell me you're not serious here.

I honestly thought it was more of a steroid user's problem and that as a natural I didn't have to worry about it.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »
I honestly thought it was more of a steroid user's problem and that as a natural I didn't have to worry about it.

I wish the relative ridiculousness of this comment would be enough to warrant you not handing advice out on the training board like you've been training for 10 years.  It completely destroys your credibility and shows an extreme lack of experience.

As for your original question, most steroid users tend to tear muscles because tendons and ligaments don't grow in size and strength at the same rate muscles do while on AAS.  So you have a tendon capable of moving, for example, 225 lbs in a bench press, supporting a muscle that can now move 405 lbs.  Something has to give.  It's like using an elevator cable rated for 1000 lbs on an elevator rated for 2000.

Naturals tend to tear muscles because of excessive or sloppy range of motion coupled with too much weight.  Dumbbell flyes that are either too heavy, too relaxed or too deep would be an example.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »
I wish the relative ridiculousness of this comment would be enough to warrant you not handing advice out on the training board like you've been training for 10 years.  It completely destroys your credibility and shows an extreme lack of experience.

As for your original question, most steroid users tend to tear muscles because tendons and ligaments don't grow in size and strength at the same rate muscles do while on AAS.  So you have a tendon capable of moving, for example, 225 lbs in a bench press, supporting a muscle that can now move 405 lbs.  Something has to give.  It's like using an elevator cable rated for 1000 lbs on an elevator rated for 2000.

Naturals tend to tear muscles because of excessive or sloppy range of motion coupled with too much weight.  Dumbbell flyes that are either too heavy, too relaxed or too deep would be an example.

I have no experience  ;D I've been working out not even for a full year
I'll try to stop giving advice and start taking it  :D

thanks for the info

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:02 PM »

I have no experience  ;D I've been working out not even for a full year
I'll try to stop giving advice and start taking it  :D

thanks for the info

BTW, AXA, your build is excellent for how long you've been training; you show massive potential.

Train for maximum possible size with compounds only utilizing perfect controlled form, while training seriously for strength, for a couple years and who knows what will happen...

ASJChaotic

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 08:51:26 PM »
BTW, AXA, your build is excellent for how long you've been training; you show massive potential.

Train for maximum possible size with compounds only utilizing perfect controlled form, while training seriously for strength, for a couple years and who knows what will happen...

thanks bro, starting Jan I'm gonna be eating big and training big
I plan on competing as a natural bodybuilding after 3 years

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »
thanks bro, starting Jan I'm gonna be eating big and training big
I plan on competing as a natural bodybuilding after 3 years
You very well could. You may do very well, too.

BTW, you don't have to eat a whole whole lot, just a little more than what you usually do.
It should just be a decent amount of healthy food.  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »
You very well could. You may do very well, too.

BTW, you don't have to eat a whole whole lot, just a little more than what you usually do.
It should just be a decent amount of healthy food.  ;)

I'm not gonna go crazy with the eating, just a little more than usual  :)

ahh.. fk

• Getbig III
  • Greed is good
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 09:37:12 PM »
work the weights up and warm up well. Dont crawl under weight you cannot rep for at least 4 on your own without a spot. Proper range of motion also.

Watch flat bench. Its a chest destroyer.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 09:49:11 PM »

That can be very true for some. The idea that is endlessly propogated that compounds are better is always cute.

First of all compounds are more likely to cause injury from the heavier weighs lifted, and they don't necessarily lead to better results. Quite the contrary in fact. My greatest gains often didn't come from compounds. Conversely my joint injuries have come from compounds.

Keep an open mind.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »
work the weights up and warm up well. Dont crawl under weight you cannot rep for at least 4 on your own without a spot. Proper range of motion also.

I don't do flat bench, I did it couple of times just to try it, but my angle is usually an incline
I think the flat bench is way over rated and puts more stress on the shoulders and pectoral tendon

That can be very true for some. The idea that is endlessly propogated that compounds are better is always cute.

First of all compounds are more likely to cause injury from the heavier weighs lifted, and they don't necessarily lead to better results. Quite the contrary in fact. My greatest gains often didn't come from compounds. Conversely my joint injuries have come from compounds.

Keep an open mind.

I'm not just going to limit myself to compounds, I've learned to train smart.