Author Topic: My arm just won't grow  (Read 9924 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: My arm just won't grow
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
honestly, nothing works better than dumbells curls imo, i like preacher curls too, always go ALL the way down and all the way up.. also important to do hammer curls and forearms work to have balanced arms, i see so much guys with good biceps but terrible forearms

Cool, preachers are valuable too. thicker handles work really well too for 2 handed cable curls. You ever get a chance to use one, do it. you will feel a big difference in pump quality.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 10:37:14 AM »
Let's keep it civil gentlemen, no need for name calling here.

I used to love doing heavy bbell cheat curls at the beginning of an arm workout, then preacher curls, seated db curls, then hammers and reverse curls. If you are looking for a good pump Bill check out the Y board lifting thread, just the last few pages I outlined an awesome giant set for tris/bis guaranteed to split your sleeves. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »
Let's keep it civil gentlemen, no need for name calling here.

I used to love doing heavy bbell cheat curls at the beginning of an arm workout, then preacher curls, seated db curls, then hammers and reverse curls. If you are looking for a good pump Bill check out the Y board lifting thread, just the last few pages I outlined an awesome giant set for tris/bis guaranteed to split your sleeves. 8)

Exellente compadre thanks, a decade of repetitive bicep training has got me in a slump I need total reform here or i'm gonna quit and move on to a more exciting fulfilling hobby like darts or scrabble. you know, something invigorating.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »
didn't read the other replies... but 3 things come to mind:

1. get off the juice, it's bad for you
2. your form sucks... arms are all about form
3. train your arms in front of a mirror and FEEL the pump with every rep

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 10:15:15 AM »
I have to agree with everyone else on training arms once a week because your hitting them with everything else except for legs.....Once i realized i needed to work them only once a week i blew up man, My arms are at 17 each and im 5'11 and they still look pretty damned big lol. Just knock it down to once a week and they should start to grow.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
Mind to muscle connection is key here.....Don't focus on poundage....moderate weight and time under tension should be your main focus. IMHO

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 10:27:01 PM »
try dorian yates high intensity training, and only train 4 days a week, but do it hard. Google yates "blood and guts" training split. This concept (along with quality gear) of training HARD, not like most americans train, is what changed my physique from the local champ i.e. the guy who could get any girl in any bar, to a physique that has placed in top 3 of all my competitions and has a true chance of getting a pro card this year.

Don't get me wrong- this dorian yates training concept is worth NOTHING without gear and unless you are 24 or younger GH as well. But on the other hand, even if you are on the best gear and pharma grade GH and you only go to the gym once a week, or you go a few times a week and do everything wrong you will still just look like a gym rat, never a pro.

So if you are on AS, as you say you are, then take advantage of it: train right. Although, in my opinion, 500 mg of test is a cruise not a cycle.

ps. This concept of training (only training 4 days a week and training HARD HARD HARD when you do) got my arms up to 20 inches @ my biggest, and as people know on the steroid part of this board, I am around 6% bf and one of the bigger bodybuilders still in amateur ranks at the moment.

So I took this advice when you posted it and I've been doing the blood and guts routine ever since. I can say that I feel my training is more effective using this workout, but still the arms lag tremendously. There has been no change in size.

I'm going to experiment some more with hormones. For this cycle (my 2nd) I have been on 4 iu gh for 5 days. I will do this for 20 more days, and then up the dose to 5 iu, add 350mg sustanon for 16 weeks, and a kickstart of 100mg var ed for the first 8 weeks. I'm using these compounds/doses for 2 main reasons: hair loss (so no tren/mast/andros) and cardio (again no tren/andros).

My question is should I carry on with the blood and guts workout, or is there something else I can try since it hasn't worked too well?

I have to keep weight lifting at 4 days per week only.

Thanks for any help.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »
you started this thread on Dec 7, 2011. you only recently changed your training and are complaining that you havn't seen enough increase in your arms. wtf? your a very unrealistic person and the stereo typical aas abuser. you seem like the type who believes if a little is good then more is better. you need to settle down a bit, re-evaluate your training form/technique before you add more and more aas/peptides.

just my .02
sept 10th APF

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 03:20:03 AM »
no kidding... "I did 3 arm workouts and nothing happened"....

it takes years!!!

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »
you started this thread on Dec 7, 2011. you only recently changed your training and are complaining that you havn't seen enough increase in your arms. wtf? your a very unrealistic person and the stereo typical aas abuser. you seem like the type who believes if a little is good then more is better. you need to settle down a bit, re-evaluate your training form/technique before you add more and more aas/peptides.

just my .02

I have done one cycle, now I'm an abuser??

I know this takes a while, but I've made progress on other body parts in the past 2 months, so since arms stayed the same (maybe even slightly smaller) I wanted to get some advice on whether there is a better route than Dorians workout.