Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 238174 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: mature Bodybuilding thread
« Reply #7250 on: June 15, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
History is for stories and memories of great men and moments in BB'ing and lifting. Of men with experience and accomplishments, who have risen above the norm.

Now it seems that donny wants to pollute this classic site with his mature angle. He has abandon  the original Mature Thread (or so it's seems) on the Training Q&A board due to his unstable emotional condition; violent mood swings. Disagreeing with donny only brought out his  worse personal attacks on you. Followed by endless PM, as to how he was going to punch you out, etc. A adult dialog, about different training styles, was certainly out of the question with donny.

The original Mature Thread (on Training Q&A) had maybe half a dozen regulars, who never seemed to catch on that donny was  playing them for the fool. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Maybe donny's mature scheme stays on this site, I really don't know or care. But do doubt that this is the proper place for such a downgrading, and let's face it..boring, thread on the one of a kind History...Memories site.

Thank you
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7251 on: June 15, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
History is for stories and memories of great men and moments in BB'ing and lifting. Of men with experience and accomplishments, who have risen above the norm.

Now it seems that donny wants to pollute this classic site with his mature angle. He has abandon  the original Mature Thread (or so it's seems) on the Training Q&A board due to his unstable emotional condition; violent mood swings. Disagreeing with donny only brought out his  worse personal attacks on you. Followed by endless PM, as to how he was going to punch you out, etc. A adult dialog, about different training styles, was certainly out of the question with donny.

The original Mature Thread (on Training Q&A) had maybe half a dozen regulars, who never seemed to catch on that donny was  playing them for the fool. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Maybe donny's mature scheme stays on this site, I really don't know or care. But do doubt that this is the proper place for such a downgrading, and let's face it..boring, thread on the one of a kind History...Memories site.

Thank you
you donīt like this thread .. donīt post on it. Really that simple.
Good Luck  ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7252 on: June 15, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
Hope there is some kind of reconciliation in the near future. There are no good or bad people here, that is what has been so enjoyable about this thread. It's just a place where people with a common interest come together posting their routines and experiences with weight training, exercise and sometimes a little friendly chat. There are threads all over Getbig where folks can act like a bunch of roosters, trying to be the big cock pecking order of the chicken pen.

100% agree with the bold part, but some people tend to think in good or bad..

Arm-ed and dangerous day,

10 supersets of seated single DB extentions & single incline DB curls
1 triple drop down set of kneeled cable extentions with weighted stretches in between
1 triple drop down set of incline DB curls with weighted stretches in between

Game, set & pump

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7253 on: June 16, 2015, 02:05:13 AM »
Will train legs tonight. i will use the giant sets principle. I will be one of the last to use the Gym tonight so equipment being free will be no problem.

Giant set::

Squats
Lying leg curls
leg extensions
stiff legged DB deads
seated leg press

giant sets can be used for antagonistic muscle groups as well as a single muscle group. sets i will go by feel.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7254 on: June 16, 2015, 03:07:21 PM »
Trained back Yates style. No warm up listed.

Power cleans and a jerk 3 x 3
Deadlifts 1 x 8

Pull ups 1 x max
Low Cable row 1 x 15
Dumbbell row 1 x 15
Reverse pull down 1 x 10

Stiff leg dead 1 x 8
Weighted back extensions 1 x 20
weighted crunches 1 x 55

Ended the work out with a two mile run in near 90 degree humid heat. Ran slow about 8:45 miles. Just shot from lifting but I sweated a bucket. Looks like I'm 10 pounds away from where I want to be. Maybe 3 more weeks. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7255 on: June 16, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »
Trained back Yates style. No warm up listed.

Power cleans and a jerk 3 x 3
Deadlifts 1 x 8

Pull ups 1 x max
Low Cable row 1 x 15
Dumbbell row 1 x 15
Reverse pull down 1 x 10

Stiff leg dead 1 x 8
Weighted back extensions 1 x 20
weighted crunches 1 x 55

Ended the work out with a two mile run in near 90 degree humid heat. Ran slow about 8:45 miles. Just shot from lifting but I sweated a bucket. Looks like I'm 10 pounds away from where I want to be. Maybe 3 more weeks. 
Great old school workout .. running you gotta do  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7256 on: June 16, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
chest /tri/abs

inc press 135x2 warmup...185/195/205-185drop
hammer flat press,,x3 plate and half x1 and 2 plates x2
decline flyes x3 40/45/45
cable crossovers x3 x12
seated chest press upright version'stack'typex3

tris
lying skullcrusher put a spin on them did 1 rep then press rep,then 4th rep in did 2 press reps per 1 nose breaker till failure..
tricep pushdowns x4
dip  machine x3
lying dbell extensions across face side of head and extend x2

abs

new pic classic pose.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7257 on: June 16, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »
NJFlex, I ran on the Lavalette boardwalk yesterday. When you come down you have to try the new Cuban restaurant on SH 35 north in Ortley. That's the town just south of Lavalette.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7258 on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:09 AM »
I'm thrilled that this tread is catching on. Can't post a workout routine just yet and when I finally do, it will be wimpy without a doubt. I headed for a long recovery and hopeful that muscle memory is real.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7259 on: June 17, 2015, 04:15:30 AM »
Prime, long recovery? What happened?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7260 on: June 17, 2015, 04:52:41 AM »
NJFlex, I ran on the Lavalette boardwalk yesterday. When you come down you have to try the new Cuban restaurant on SH 35 north in Ortley. That's the town just south of Lavalette.
I will thanks,i know that whole area ,I just haven't been there in so long...my wife loves Cuban sandwhich so we will check it out..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7261 on: June 17, 2015, 06:02:54 AM »
I will thanks,i know that whole area ,I just haven't been there in so long...my wife loves Cuban sandwhich so we will check it out..

Try the seafood paella. Amazing and made fresh for your order so it takes awhile. Just concerned that once July comes the place will be so packed it will take a long wait to get your food. I have to go one more time in June during the afternoon before the summer craziness begins. My father was Cuban and a chef at the Waldorf in Manhattan when it was the classiest hotel on earth back in the day. I'm telling you this place has good food. I hope it remains that way.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7262 on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »
chest /tri/abs

cable crossovers x3 x12

tris
lying skullcrusher put a spin on them did 1 rep then press rep,then 4th rep in did 2 press reps per 1 nose breaker till failure..
tricep pushdowns x4
dip  machine x3

abs

new pic classic pose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7263 on: June 18, 2015, 06:27:27 AM »
chest /tri/abs

cable crossovers x3 x12

tris
tricep pushdowns x4
dip  machine x3

abs

new pic classic pose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good inner chest detail, that's still a point I work hard to improve.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7264 on: June 18, 2015, 12:01:59 PM »
BACK

CHINS WIDE GRIP X2 X15...INNER SIDE GRIP X2 X12
BENT OVER ROWS X3 185/205/225
MACHINE ROWS CHEST TO PAD SEATED 'STACK VERSION'175/190/190
UNDERHANDED GRIP REVERSE HAMMER PULLDOWNS 2 PLATES/2 SETS 2 PLATES AND 10 PER SIDE..
STANDING STRETCH /PULLDOWN CABLE X3 REVERSE GRIP 'LIKE A STANDING PULLOVER'

WEIGHTED HYPERS X3 45 LB PLATE X12-25

SHRUGS'TRAPS'
225/275/315
 REVERSE SHRUGS 275 X2

ABS
5 SETS 30-40 REPS LYING CRUNCH ROLLER MACHINE

CALVES X3 STANDING CALF RAISES DROP 200/180/160/140 10 REPS PER...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7265 on: June 18, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »
BACK

CHINS WIDE GRIP X2 X15...INNER SIDE GRIP X2 X12
BENT OVER ROWS X3 185/205/225
MACHINE ROWS CHEST TO PAD SEATED 'STACK VERSION'175/190/190
UNDERHANDED GRIP REVERSE HAMMER PULLDOWNS 2 PLATES/2 SETS 2 PLATES AND 10 PER SIDE..
STANDING STRETCH /PULLDOWN CABLE X3 REVERSE GRIP 'LIKE A STANDING PULLOVER'

WEIGHTED HYPERS X3 45 LB PLATE X12-25

SHRUGS'TRAPS'
225/275/315
 REVERSE SHRUGS 275 X2

ABS
5 SETS 30-40 REPS LYING CRUNCH ROLLER MACHINE

CALVES X3 STANDING CALF RAISES DROP 200/180/160/140 10 REPS PER...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7266 on: June 18, 2015, 12:14:29 PM »
Back as well.. Got some lower back & brachialis issues during my workout, so I was forced to work around it, which is almost impossible.

4 super sets of machine assisted pull ups with neutral grip / BB rows
2 super sets of shoulder wide neutral pull downs with single DB rows
2 super sets of shoulder wide neutral pull downs with seated cable rows

Lots of stretches and some ab work to ease the lower back pain.

Not a satisfying workout this time :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7267 on: June 18, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
Back as well.. Got some lower back & brachialis issues during my workout, so I was forced to work around it, which is almost impossible.

4 super sets of machine assisted pull ups with neutral grip / BB rows
2 super sets of shoulder wide neutral pull downs with single DB rows
2 super sets of shoulder wide neutral pull downs with seated cable rows

Lots of stretches and some ab work to ease the lower back pain.

Not a satisfying workout this time :-\
how many pullups/chins do you do just normally??I write chins but its pullups I do..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7268 on: June 18, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »
Try the seafood paella. Amazing and made fresh for your order so it takes awhile. Just concerned that once July comes the place will be so packed it will take a long wait to get your food. I have to go one more time in June during the afternoon before the summer craziness begins. My father was Cuban and a chef at the Waldorf in Manhattan when it was the classiest hotel on earth back in the day. I'm telling you this place has good food. I hope it remains that way.

Paella is one of my favorite dishes to make. Mine is a combo of seafood, chicken and sausage. Darn that Saffron is so expensive to buy in the U.S.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7269 on: June 18, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »
how many pullups/chins do you do just normally??I write chins but its pullups I do..

Since a couple of weeks, my volume goal is 100 reps per super set exercise. I perform 17x6, 12x8, 10x10 or 8 sets of 12 reps. I've got a spreadsheet on my phone that picks a random set/rep scheme, so you can call that 'random hit in order' ;D

I prefer pull ups over pull downs/chins since there's less margin for cheating.
We have this +20 year old Technogym dip/chin machine, a great piece of equipment.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7270 on: June 18, 2015, 01:36:58 PM »
The gym where I should be working out right this moment has two Nautilus weight assisted pull-up/dip machines. They are a great place to start after a too long layoff.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7271 on: June 18, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Since a couple of weeks, my volume goal is 100 reps per super set exercise. I perform 17x6, 12x8, 10x10 or 8 sets of 12 reps. I've got a spreadsheet on my phone that picks a random set/rep scheme, so you can call that 'random hit in order' ;D

I prefer pull ups over pull downs/chins since there's less margin for cheating.
We have this +20 year old Technogym dip/chin machine, a great piece of equipment.

cool...I go drops/supers but I still try to move some heavy weights even supersetting/tri sets..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7272 on: June 18, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
The gym where I should be working out right this moment has two Nautilus weight assisted pull-up/dip machines. They are a great place to start after a too long layoff.

Combine this machine with some squats/deads and you have a good overall body workout. Nautilus has nice equipment, esp their bicep & back machines. Long time ago that I was able to use their stuff.

cool...I go drops/supers but I still try to move some heavy weights even supersetting/tri sets..

I try to keep the weights high as well. What's esp important with high volume/short rest intervals is good stamina, so I perform some HIIT cardio on rest days.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7273 on: June 18, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »
Combine this machine with some squats/deads and you have a good overall body workout. Nautilus has nice equipment, esp their bicep & back machines. Long time ago that I was able to use their stuff.

I try to keep the weights high as well. What's esp important with high volume/short rest intervals is good stamina, so I perform some HIIT cardio on rest days.
AGREE I MOVE QUICK AS WELL HAVE GREAT STAMINA NEVER TIRE,I DO ZERO CARDIO,,,

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7274 on: June 18, 2015, 03:01:17 PM »
AGREE I MOVE QUICK AS WELL HAVE GREAT STAMINA NEVER TIRE,I DO ZERO CARDIO,,,

I'm a lazy fucker, so I need my cardio ;D