Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 238204 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7275 on: June 18, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »
AGREE I MOVE QUICK AS WELL HAVE GREAT STAMINA NEVER TIRE,I DO ZERO CARDIO,,,

Zero cardio is a real plus for me. It is friggin' boring to do cardio long enough to get any benefit from it. -Max, I'll do a ten minute warm-up on the stationary bike or treadmill. When I still could go for a run outside, this was okay. At least there is usually something new to look at when running on the streets or paths and one can take different routes too.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7276 on: June 18, 2015, 03:38:40 PM »
Zero cardio is a real plus for me. It is friggin' boring to do cardio long enough to get any benefit from it. -Max, I'll do a ten minute warm-up on the stationary bike or treadmill. When I still could go for a run outside, this was okay. At least there is usually something new to look at when running on the streets or paths and one can take different routes too.

Try HIIT cardio, about 20 minutes of peace is enough. I use a HIIT app on my phone, works perfect.
Running is OK as long as you're joints don't complain. I use a bouncer (mini trampoline) myself.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7277 on: June 18, 2015, 06:57:14 PM »
That Technogym chin/dip station is one of the better functional  pieces of gym equipment made. In truth, that could be the only piece of equipment/machine with regards to size and strength most anyone might desire. With a good chinning/dip chain belt added, of course. Can also work the abs quite well on it.

With dip's, would favor a "V" style bar, allowing a very wide to very close grip..for different results. Same with a chinning bar, which also has a hammer grip style bar. But I have spent many a workout with that simple, but affective, Technogym (or similar stations device). Great for SS's, alternating the chins followed  (non stop) with dips. Done GVT (10X10's) that way with excellent results also.

Can get high quality cardo  work, all based on the fast pace of the individual workout and the compound (usually) exercises used. My uncles use to watch Arnold, Columbo and some English guy(don't know his correct name..not going to guess) do sets together, one after another. Arnold would finish a set, than Columbo would grab the bar and do his set. The English guy would finish with his set. After the English guy, Arnold would would start another set. Did this on benches, rows & squats...around 10 to 12 sets in a three man cycle. This is very fast pace, developing stamina (endurance & strength), taking care of any cardo worries.  Many ways to develop stamina, like 10 reps of squat cleans, in 4 sets. Little rest between.

Good Luck.
F

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7278 on: June 18, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »
That TG machine has a V-shaped bar, but that starts midway, so that's fine. The only disadvantage are the thin handles (maybe Italians have small hands, sorry Steve ;D ), so I use my thick bar grips.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7279 on: June 18, 2015, 07:27:24 PM »
That TG machine has a V-shaped bar, but that starts midway, so that's fine. The only disadvantage are the thin handles (maybe Italians have small hands, sorry Steve ;D ), so I use my thick bar grips.
;D  :-*

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7280 on: June 18, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »
delt

hammer strenght press did single arm presses,,l/s shoulder is weaker /less range motion so seperate works better on this one x5

laterals side 25/30/30/30 on dbells straight sets 10-12 no drops as usual

front raise premade curl bar used underhanded grip 50/60/60 lbs
cable bent over rear raises x3
finished 2 sets side raises dbell turned straight up and arms slight bend and up high lowered slow like you have 'wings'

bis
premade curl bar 70/80/90
db curls 35/35/35 alternated these bottom position to mid point single arm,then did both for few more then 3 full reps stayed 10-12 mixed them up..theses pump the rep and range motion partials..

seated curl machine did theses seperate arms each set this is a  weight'stack 'machine x3
finished 2 sets 40 lb hammer curls till failure

forarms
reverse bar wrist curls x3
 cable reverse curls x4

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7281 on: June 19, 2015, 12:21:20 AM »
front raise premade curl bar used underhanded grip 50/60/60 lbs

This exercise can also be a nice transition when you train chest & shoulders, esp with a narrow grip

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7282 on: June 19, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »
This exercise can also be a nice transition when you train chest & shoulders, esp with a narrow grip
yeah i thought so...i go next portion on the grip 'wider'more delt,,there good..picked that one up from charles glass lol,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: mature Bodybuilding thread
« Reply #7283 on: June 19, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
Good to see you Guys are good  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7284 on: June 19, 2015, 10:35:58 AM »
I wonīt be pumpin much because i have a Herniated disk c6/7 my neck is hurting. I have therapy next week, injections in the nerve roots under CT. i have to swallow tablets at the moment Oxycodone which are strong. Had numbness in my right hand for a while but ignored it but now i canīt because the pain was very bad. The Hospital here want to operate but no way.. i will try the injections first. shit happens

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7285 on: June 19, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
I wonīt be pumpin much because i have a Herniated disk c6/7 my neck is hurting. I have therapy next week, injections in the nerve roots under CT. i have to swallow tablets at the moment Oxycodone which are strong. Had numbness in my right hand for a while but ignored it but now i canīt because the pain was very bad. The Hospital here want to operate but no way.. i will try the injections first. shit happens
Get well soon, buddy. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7286 on: June 19, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »

Hope this injection works for you.

My son-in-law has nerve/disk damage in his neck as a result of an IED while he was deployed to Iraq. This causes him severe, debilitating migraines, almost daily. He's had steroid shots and Botox. They have not helped. Surgery is a last resort.

I have degenerative disk disease. The disks in my lower back cause nerve pain known as sciatica. About a month ago, I had a couple of steroid injections. They've help somewhat.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7287 on: June 19, 2015, 05:55:53 PM »
donny don't break down on us yet :)...get well,,my wife had no choice L5 removed ,,i.5 yrs later still can't run anymore or ever again she did some marathons at one time..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7288 on: June 20, 2015, 02:17:12 AM »
donny don't break down on us yet :)...get well,,my wife had no choice L5 removed ,,i.5 yrs later still can't run anymore or ever again she did some marathons at one time..
as long as i donīt end up looking like Quasimodo... ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7289 on: June 20, 2015, 02:31:53 AM »
Thursday they were testing my nerves in my arms... was like torture :-\ woman kept saying relax and then sending signals up my arm... weird watching my hand twitching. problem is the nerves are pressed in my neck and i feel it down my right arm and hand. Professor in the hospital here showed me the pictures and you can see the disk sticks out on the right hand side. He said we have to operate or i could lose more feeling in my hand but i went for a second opinion. Second doctor said the same but does injections under ct. i will try this. i am squeezing a ball all day to keep some power in my hand.. physiotherapist where i go now kindly gave me it. the pills work well though... and they are opium based. Donīt want to take them too long for obvious reasons. told me not to drive my car at the moment...donīt feel high or anything but they make me a bit tired. talking of which...itīs medication time ! ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7290 on: June 20, 2015, 02:41:51 AM »
Chest on a Friday evening. The gym was almost empty, which is good for the focus.

10 supersets of flat bench presses & pec dec flyes
1 triple drop down set of flat DB presses with weighted stretches in between

Some shoulder mobility work with bands
Some crunches & hyperextensions to strengthen the core.
I should perform this more often.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7291 on: June 20, 2015, 06:56:37 AM »
Thursday they were testing my nerves in my arms... was like torture :-\ woman kept saying relax and then sending signals up my arm... weird watching my hand twitching. problem is the nerves are pressed in my neck and i feel it down my right arm and hand. Professor in the hospital here showed me the pictures and you can see the disk sticks out on the right hand side. He said we have to operate or i could lose more feeling in my hand but i went for a second opinion. Second doctor said the same but does injections under ct. i will try this. i am squeezing a ball all day to keep some power in my hand.. physiotherapist where i go now kindly gave me it. the pills work well though... and they are opium based. Donīt want to take them too long for obvious reasons. told me not to drive my car at the moment...donīt feel high or anything but they make me a bit tired. talking of which...itīs medication time ! ;D
when i got hurt remember thats exactly what happened to me but on its own whole left side twitched and weakened beyond my control.you'll get better what happened??/

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7292 on: June 20, 2015, 07:11:13 AM »
when i got hurt remember thats exactly what happened to me but on its own whole left side twitched and weakened beyond my control.you'll get better what happened??/
never had an accident or anything.. i have had a numbness in my hand for a few months now. so i think it has been happening for a while. was at work and had really bad neck pains... then after a few days was ok but my arm and fingers hurt. so i went to the Doc and they sent me for the scan in the Tunnel... and saw what it was.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7293 on: June 20, 2015, 07:17:28 AM »
never had an accident or anything.. i have had a numbness in my hand for a few months now. so i think it has been happening for a while. was at work and had really bad neck pains... then after a few days was ok but my arm and fingers hurt. so i went to the Doc and they sent me for the scan in the Tunnel... and saw what it was.
damn,,,,have a happy fathers day 'if u celebrate it in germany'american tradition its tomm btw here...get better man...do cardio if u can,you know how i love cardio  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7294 on: June 20, 2015, 07:20:43 AM »
damn,,,,have a happy fathers day 'if u celebrate it in germany'american tradition its tomm btw here...get better man...do cardio if u can,you know how i love cardio  ;D
well my pulling strength is still OK... leg work i can do if iīm careful. I will go for a run later in the woods. Took my pill ...Man... ;)  donīt feel much now.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7295 on: June 20, 2015, 07:25:17 AM »
will be an easy run though, sometimes you have to be careful with cardio and medicine.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #7296 on: June 20, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »

Donny you are correct.  Excrement doth occur my friend.  ;) I know somewhat what you are going through and wish you all the best in your recovery!

You shall be in my prayers my friend. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7297 on: June 20, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN