Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 238228 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: mature Bodybuilding thread
« Reply #7425 on: July 07, 2015, 06:19:04 AM »
good to hear Donny...

chest
inc press...135x15 warmup...165 x12...185/195/195-drop 165
fdb press 60/60/70 turned palm in facing each other at top ..this pumps nice ,,
decline flyes,,40/40/45  been sticking on these since Donny posted them month or 2 ago..
cable crossovers x3..personal fav of mine love theses
hammer lying press x3 plate and 25,2 plates x2

tris
tricep pushdowns x4
tricep extension seated machine x4
reverse pushdowns x3
db extensions across to side head x2

abs

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7426 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
Trained legs. Working out at a new commercial gym.

Squats 2 x 8 then 1 x 1 (Couldn't really sink them today. I will work on that.)
leg press 2 x10 (Felt so different from the one I own. I went deep on these)
leg extension 3 x 12 (this machine blows mine away. Felt so perfect)
Lying leg curl 3 x 10 ( I don't own a lying leg curl only seated. This machine too felt perfect.
Inner and outer thigh machine 2 sets of each. ( yes I used the lady machines)

Donkey calf machine 2 x 15 ( felt pretty good. Not perfect. Rare machine)
Seated hammer strength calf 3 x 15 (50lbs felt like a lot to me going full range)

Ab coaster 2 x 20 with 20lbs resistance.

Tried two different ab crunch machines. Both felt like garbage. Maybe I just don't have them adjusted properly.

Noticed the personal trainers are like vultures. The electronic system lets them know you're in the gym and they run to their computers to look up the pictures of the members to identify them. I haven't been approached yet but it's be coming.

Saw a real hot milf that was doing some strange bouncing on the inner thigh machine like she was violently riding a guy in the cow girl position. Still don't know what she was doing.  Second time I saw her eyeing me like I was a T bone steak.

Saw two guys about 55 just chatting away for 15 minutes as one of them sat in the leg extension machine. Just no work ethic.

Saw 45 year old steroid guy. 6'4" and built walking around like he's the gym celebrity. Talks to anyone and everyone giving advice.

When I had my back turned a 30 year old girl took my plates off the seated calf.  When she realized what she done she apologized and put her hand on my shoulder. She wants me. (It's my fantasy perception. Let me have it.)

This gym was under another name when my wife worked out there. It was mandatory that everyone had a towel. They don't enforce it in this gym. This gym very few have towels. I one of  the few that puts a towel down on a bench or machine prior to use.

Heading to the foot doctor after work. Maybe he can do something for the swelling of my foot. Just frustrated with injuries that come and go.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7427 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:09 AM »
itīs hot again today... still going to go running every evening. Been just doing leg curls/extensions on my Bench at home for legs. Donīt think iīll risk squats yet... Cycling is not good because of my head position when cycling as you tend to look forwards.. still at least i am doing a few exercises.

Have you considered upright handlebars for your bicycle? It allows you to have a much better position while riding. Machine squats might work.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7428 on: July 07, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »
Still doing cardio mainly. This week I hope to make it three days instead of two, like I did last week. I did a little more than 20 minutes split between the stationary bike and the treadmill. I added light resistance leg presses and leg curls in addition to the leg extensions I did last week. This routine has improved the neuropathy and knee pain in the right leg. Walking is much better for me.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7429 on: July 07, 2015, 05:46:30 PM »
Have you considered upright handlebars for your bicycle? It allows you to have a much better position while riding. Machine squats might work.

I use to ride racing bikes in that uncomfortable bent over riding position. Now I ride an upright hybrid. I could never keep up with a skinny high pressure tired racing bike but I'm really getting the same relative workout in terms of effort. If you ride by yourself why use a racing type bike unless that's your passion?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7430 on: July 08, 2015, 01:08:07 AM »
I use to ride racing bikes in that uncomfortable bent over riding position. Now I ride an upright hybrid. I could never keep up with a skinny high pressure tired racing bike but I'm really getting the same relative workout in terms of effort. If you ride by yourself why use a racing type bike unless that's your passion?

Ha ..yes   the "Chopper" was in when i was a Kid... donīt think itīll look good now at 49 :-\

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7431 on: July 08, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
well highlight of the Day... my third Injection later today.... ;D I like to feel that needle go in my neck :-X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7432 on: July 08, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »
well highlight of the Day... my third Injection later today.... ;D I like to feel that needle go in my neck :-X

Just got one through the top of my foot.

In the gym today a group of teenagers grabbed about 5 pair of dumbbells for their circuit. Just pissed me off. Used dumbbells that were too heavy for me for lower reps. I guess not a bad thing.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7433 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:48 AM »
Just got one through the top of my foot.

In the gym today a group of teenagers grabbed about 5 pair of dumbbells for their circuit. Just pissed me off. Used dumbbells that were too heavy for me for lower reps. I guess not a bad thing.
I would just do a cable or machine exercises. i think once iīm a bit better i will be benching first of all with machines. Then i will Bench with Dumbbells to work on my weak arm. the machine Bench press can allow me to push with what i can with my right arm also allowing my left arm to slightly aid me more than normal. one arm standing chest press with cables too(doing these with resistance bands at the moment). Was out running this morning and i really felt good. Was really Deep breathing getting lots of O2 in my Body.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7434 on: July 09, 2015, 06:27:21 AM »
back..lot of work/pushed some weight

chins wide x2 and middle x2
t bar rows front loaded stand up version,2 plates,2.5,3,3.5
cable low rows x3 180/195/195
lat pulldowns behind head old school x3
hammer front pulldowns I used the side grips instead underhand grip x3 worked up to 2 plates side..

weighted hypers x3x15 45 lb plate

traps
shrugs ..185,225,275,275 gassed on these
reverse shrug x2 chest machine 3 plates x2 x15 squeezed these..

abs

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7435 on: July 09, 2015, 06:52:37 AM »
back..lot of work/pushed some weight

chins wide x2 and middle x2
t bar rows front loaded stand up version,2 plates,2.5,3,3.5
cable low rows x3 180/195/195
lat pulldowns behind head old school x3
hammer front pulldowns I used the side grips instead underhand grip x3 worked up to 2 plates side..

weighted hypers x3x15 45 lb plate

traps
shrugs ..185,225,275,275 gassed on these
reverse shrug x2 chest machine 3 plates x2 x15 squeezed these..

abs
nice Trap work. I like Dumbbells but reverse shrug with Barbell, although Lee Haney used Bells for these too.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7436 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:14 AM »
I would just do a cable or machine exercises. i think once iīm a bit better i will be benching first of all with machines. Then i will Bench with Dumbbells to work on my weak arm. the machine Bench press can allow me to push with what i can with my right arm also allowing my left arm to slightly aid me more than normal. one arm standing chest press with cables too(doing these with resistance bands at the moment). Was out running this morning and i really felt good. Was really Deep breathing getting lots of O2 in my Body.

Nothing feels better for the mind than cardio. After cardio I feel relaxed and in a good mood. After lifting I just feel tired.

Trained back and chest today.  Thinking about next time starting with chest. I feel my pressing goes down hill after training back.

Pull ups 3 x max ( really weak on these. I do try to do them strictly)
Low cable row with a V grip handle 2 x 12
Single dumbbell row off a bench 2 x 10
Hammer strength pull downs 3 x 10

Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 6
Hammer strength incline press 2 x 6
Hammer strength bench 2 x 6
Dumbbell flies 2 x 10

Dead lift 2 x 4 then 1x1 ( With my bad foot I never went over 340lbs)

Ab coaster 2 x 21 with 20lbs.
Push ups 1 x max

I went home and did weighted back extensions. The machine they have is a horrible 45 degree one that push on my balls making me see stars.

Today's gym observations: Girl just because I ask how many sets you have left doesn't mean I'm trying to pick you up.  I just want to use the equipment. You're not in my league anyway.

Second observation: The usual delusional lifters. 17 year old kid using 12 45lbs plates on the leg press machine barely bending his legs. Just delusional. Put 6 plates on it and bend your fuckin legs. Guy using massive dumbbells in pressing going half way down. No one is impressed with you throwing your water bottle down between sets like you're about to deadlift 1000 pounds when you're half repping a press.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7437 on: July 09, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Nothing feels better for the mind than cardio. After cardio I feel relaxed and in a good mood. After lifting I just feel tired.

Trained back and chest today.  Thinking about next time starting with chest. I feel my pressing goes down hill after training back.

Pull ups 3 x max ( really weak on these. I do try to do them strictly)
Low cable row with a V grip handle 2 x 12
Single dumbbell row off a bench 2 x 10
Hammer strength pull downs 3 x 10

Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 6
Hammer strength incline press 2 x 6
Hammer strength bench 2 x 6
Dumbbell flies 2 x 10

Dead lift 2 x 4 then 1x1 ( With my bad foot I never went over 340lbs)

Ab coaster 2 x 21 with 20lbs.
Push ups 1 x max

I went home and did weighted back extensions. The machine they have is a horrible 45 degree one that push on my balls making me see stars.

Today's gym observations: Girl just because I ask how many sets you have left doesn't mean I'm trying to pick you up.  I just want to use the equipment. You're not in my league anyway.

Second observation: The usual delusional lifters. 17 year old kid using 12 45lbs plates on the leg press machine barely bending his legs. Just delusional. Put 6 plates on it and bend your fuckin legs. Guy using massive dumbbells in pressing going half way down. No one is impressed with you throwing your water bottle down between sets like you're about to deadlift 1000 pounds when you're half repping a press.
Man..i wish i could come with you training  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7438 on: July 09, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »
delts/bi's home

superset db press with side laterals,,45's and 15's x2'50 and 20's x2..good burn
did a slight variation fr/rear raise bend over db's start db together than do a 'v'outwards x3 15/20/20 db these are good
upright cable rows x3
bench on mid angle lie chest down do rear lateral raises x4 20/20/30/30 db's
finished 2 sets hammer grip db front raise with 30's

bi's
curl bar curls x3 mix up reps bottom to mis x6 then full reps to failure
db scott curl 20/30/30 db's reps 10-12
hammers across body 45/50's
cable curls inner close grip x2

i will be 47 on mon 7-13 wish me happy bday then tho...

took these pics 2 nite

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7439 on: July 09, 2015, 08:57:26 PM »
Hit the gym yesterday. Besides doing the cardio routine, I worked chest and delts. Nothing special - 3 sets of 10 on each. Just a touch sore today.... perfect.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7440 on: July 10, 2015, 04:34:46 AM »
Hit the gym yesterday. Besides doing the cardio routine, I worked chest and delts. Nothing special - 3 sets of 10 on each. Just a touch sore today.... perfect.
every little thing helps... I am still just using these Thera-Bands to work my tricep. All i can do on my right arm. really hitting cardio though.. tomorrow is supposed to be warm here so i will hit the pool..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7441 on: July 10, 2015, 06:12:18 PM »
Donny when I had my arm injury and operation I didn't lift for  about 5 months.  All I did was cardio. Let me tell you it wasn't such a bad thing. I got into incredible condition. My body fat was just about nothing. When I was able to lift I started from an incredibly lean position which is so much better than being a perma bulker.

Do a ton of cardio. When you get better you will see it was a blessing and not a curse.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7442 on: July 11, 2015, 01:15:24 AM »
Donny when I had my arm injury and operation I didn't lift for  about 5 months.  All I did was cardio. Let me tell you it wasn't such a bad thing. I got into incredible condition. My body fat was just about nothing. When I was able to lift I started from an incredibly lean position which is so much better than being a perma bulker.

Do a ton of cardio. When you get better you will see it was a blessing and not a curse.
Cheers....i feel better now... :) Only thing which pisses me off is my Health Insurance will not pay for the Injections. I went to a clinic here where they treat patients for pain, Schmerz-und PalliativZentrum. doctor examined me and wrote a report to say i should get the costs paid for. faxed it Via Lawyer to my Insurance...next step is Court. they would rather pay for a very expensive operation rather than Injections trying to avoid surgery with Physio. If they still say no i will take them to Court.. ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7443 on: July 11, 2015, 07:21:22 AM »
Cheers....i feel better now... :) Only thing which pisses me off is my Health Insurance will not pay for the Injections. I went to a clinic here where they treat patients for pain, Schmerz-und PalliativZentrum. doctor examined me and wrote a report to say i should get the costs paid for. faxed it Via Lawyer to my Insurance...next step is Court. they would rather pay for a very expensive operation rather than Injections trying to avoid surgery with Physio. If they still say no i will take them to Court.. ;)
good to hear,,,health care system in America fugggetabouittt....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7444 on: July 11, 2015, 07:52:22 AM »
good to hear,,,health care system in America fugggetabouittt....
I know.. itīs slowly getting worse here. still canīt complain i had an appointment quickly with a Professor. you know i do not understand their mentality in my Krankenkasse .. they will pay for an expensive OP and later Reha.. but i am trying to avoid an op. The Injection therapy they used to pay for up until 2 years ago. I will take it further and go to court. Maybe i wonīt win but i will try.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7445 on: July 11, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »
just ate some good grilled Food.. i am stuffed. My Sons Friend was here, feel sorry for him because his Family threw him out. his mother apparently wanted to kill him... We try to help him as much as we can. he comes to us and at least is fed well...the Social System has failed this young man. he has an apartment but canīt afford enough to eat. Jobs are rare now here and so a lot of young people with problems struggle.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7446 on: July 11, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
just ate some good grilled Food.. i am stuffed. My Sons Friend was here, feel sorry for him because his Family threw him out. his mother apparently wanted to kill him... We try to help him as much as we can. he comes to us and at least is fed well...the Social System has failed this young man. he has an apartment but canīt afford enough to eat. Jobs are rare now here and so a lot of young people with problems struggle.

My almost 20 year old grandson who lives in Germany could not survive if he didn't still live at home. He's a musician who plays in a group. They get gigs but they are not paid big money and the gigs are not steady. He also works for a pizza place. As an aunt once said, "everyone blooms in their own time." Hope he's not a century plant.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7447 on: July 11, 2015, 06:06:16 PM »
Made it to the gym today....didn't feel like going. -Cardio plus back and arms. Same routine 3X10. By the time I was done, I felt so much better that I speed tanned. This old codger isn't done yet.

Cooking hickory smoked pork loin riblets right now. I will serve them with oven fried potatoes and salad wedges with blue cheese. Tomorrow is nothing but liquids and prep.

Monday is colonoscopy day. Oh joy! By the time I need to do this again (every 5 years), they better come up with some other method or I'm out.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7448 on: July 12, 2015, 12:09:42 PM »
Frying the delts

10 giant sets of seated DB presses with globe grips, seated DB side raises (face against a high incline seat) & bent over barbell rows to the face
1 triple drop down set of machine presses with 30 sec weighted stretches between & after
Some light stretch & stability work for the delts
1 set of hyper extentions (to ease my stiff lower back)
2 sets of Bosu ball crunches
Some stretches for my lower back

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7449 on: July 12, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »
Prime I hate the stuff you have to drink prior to a scope. It really tastes like something dangerous to consume. My whole body screams don't drink it. I actually feel a little nauseous drinking it.

Took three days off. I was planning 2 but a 4 hour kayak trip in the sun exhausted me. A lot of fun. We went through a Pine barren river in New Jersey. Never saw a house in 4 hours. Occasionally going around a bend we saw pick up trucks in the woods and biker types drinking beer enjoying the water. It did make me feel a little vulnerable being in a kayak passing drunken biker types but most waved. Only one clearly mean mugged me going by.  The banjos of Deliverance kept going through my mind as I would pass them.  For the most part it was solitude in nature. Just quiet. Couldn't hear cars and only the voices of the people in our 8 person group.  Found a lot of wild blue berries that I ate. One guy wouldn't eat them saying I don't eat stuff in the woods. I thought, you trust berries in the supermarket but blue berries in the woods that have been there for centuries you're scared of.

Tomorrow is legs. I will see how much I can do on my sore foot. Love many of the machines in the commercial gym I'm working out in. The leg extension and leg curl are amazing. Can't wait.