Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 238206 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: mature Bodybuilding thread
« Reply #7450 on: July 12, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
Made it to the gym today....didn't feel like going. -Cardio plus back and arms. Same routine 3X10. By the time I was done, I felt so much better that I speed tanned. This old codger isn't done yet.

Cooking hickory smoked pork loin riblets right now. I will serve them with oven fried potatoes and salad wedges with blue cheese. Tomorrow is nothing but liquids and prep.

Monday is colonoscopy day. Oh joy! By the time I need to do this again (every 5 years), they better come up with some other method or I'm out.

Ouch!  I feel for you, brother.   I've been through 'em several times. Upper and lower GI stuff.  Yuck.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7451 on: July 12, 2015, 04:40:39 PM »
I have been doing the liquid diet all day today. The prep has changed since the last time I did this. I drink 16 oz of crap that makes you crap followed by 32 oz of water, one tonight at 6:00 pm and do this again tomorrow morning. The toilet and I will get to know each other very well. Last thing to is the fleets enema. I should be clean as a whistle.  :

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7452 on: July 12, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »
Leg day

Leg press 4/6/7/7 plates
Vsquat machine faced, in like a front squat 2/3/3.5 plates
Lunges up steps sets 4 45 lb kettle bells x2
extensions 205/220/235/250

Hams
Sldl dbs 65/75/85/95
Seated leg curls 180/195/210/210

Calves seated calf raise x5

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7453 on: July 13, 2015, 01:35:42 AM »
Hope it all goes well today Jay... will go running later and some intensive ab work.
Leg day

Leg press 4/6/7/7 plates
Vsquat machine faced, in like a front squat 2/3/3.5 plates
Lunges up steps sets 4 45 lb kettle bells x2
extensions 205/220/235/250

Hams
Sldl dbs 65/75/85/95
Seated leg curls 180/195/210/210

Calves seated calf raise x5

those V-squats sound intresting.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7454 on: July 13, 2015, 05:44:40 AM »
Hope it all goes well today Jay... will go running later and some intensive ab work. those V-squats sound intresting.
its a hammer machine I believe large padding on shoulders plates are loaded each side and are low on machine,has a large platform so you can low/high'hamstrings'and close or wide stance.you usually face out ,so facinf in works you just have to get your body alighned and it works great,hams/front to top quads get hit nice ....its fun to use a machine opposite of what it was intended for,same with the lying chest press to shrug...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7455 on: July 13, 2015, 05:46:25 AM »
Frying the delts

10 giant sets of seated DB presses with globe grips, seated DB side raises (face against a high incline seat) & bent over barbell rows to the face
1 triple drop down set of machine presses with 30 sec weighted stretches between & after
Some light stretch & stability work for the delts
1 set of hyper extentions (to ease my stiff lower back)
2 sets of Bosu ball crunches
Some stretches for my lower back
nice...great pump...turned 47 today bro...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7456 on: July 13, 2015, 06:07:30 AM »

Congratulations Steve, hope you have a nice day with your family!
For how long are you lifting?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7457 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:07 AM »
Congratulations Steve, hope you have a nice day with your family!
For how long are you lifting?
27 YRS  :o.. :P.. :)..THANKS MAN...MONSTER LEG WORKOUT YESTERDAY...

TOOK THIS PIC OTHER NIGHT,,

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7458 on: July 13, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »
They look interesting. Kind of like a machine hack squat.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7459 on: July 13, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »
27 YRS  :o.. :P.. :)..THANKS MAN...MONSTER LEG WORKOUT YESTERDAY...

TOOK THIS PIC OTHER NIGHT,,

Damn, that's a long ride so far. You have a good skin, must be Italian genetics.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7460 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »
Trained legs today.

squats 2 x 9 then 3 x 1 (my squats are weak from running distance for months. I thought I was warmed up but when I got to 265lbs and I really sank it something went wrong. Of course I hurt my butt muscle. LOL. I guess barbell squats are out for awhile.
leg press 2 x 12 ( kept it light but really made sure to bend my legs. Just used about 400lbs)
leg extension 3 x 12
lying leg curl 3 x 12-8
inner and outer leg machine ( you know the lady leg machine)

Donkey calf machine 2 x 15 (Hurt my bad foot like hell but I have to train calves)
Seated Hammer strength calf 2 x 15 ( Did these slow and full range.

Ab coaster 2 x 22 with 20lbs resistance.

Gym observations.
1.A gorilla guy next to me when I was using the leg extension was on a bicep curl machine. I use half the rack on that bicep curl machine. This guy did about 5 sets with the entire rack. Just amazing or he was yanking back with his entire body.

2. Two different girls were doing squats. Back squats and front squats. I was impressed with their dedication.

3. The place was a wreck today. I always train in the morning but today I trained in the afternoon. I guess it's straightened out for the morning then it deteriorates. This afternoon plates were everywhere. What a mess.

4. The women in the morning are way hotter than the women in the afternoon.

5. If you're wearing ear buds please realize I can't hear the song when you're singing. Some of these guys sound like a cat kicked in the balls.

6. It was 88F and sunny today. Why are guys training with a hoodie?  

7. Maybe I mentioned this before but is this the new thing? Why are guys slamming down their water bottles prior to a set?  Why the drama?  Next time I go, between every set I'm going to growl and not only slam my water bottle on the ground, I will throw it across the gym.  Maybe I can set a new trend.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7461 on: July 13, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
Trained legs today.

squats 2 x 9 then 3 x 1 (my squats are weak from running distance for months. I thought I was warmed up but when I got to 265lbs and I really sank it something went wrong. Of course I hurt my butt muscle. LOL. I guess barbell squats are out for awhile.
leg press 2 x 12 ( kept it light but really made sure to bend my legs. Just used about 400lbs)
leg extension 3 x 12
lying leg curl 3 x 12-8

Donkey calf machine 2 x 15 (Hurt my bad foot like hell but I have to train calves)

Gym observations.
1.A gorilla guy next to me when I was using the leg extension was on a bicep curl machine. I use half the rack on that bicep curl machine. This guy did about 5 sets with the entire rack. Just amazing or he was yanking back with his entire body.

2. Two different girls were doing squats. Back squats and front squats. I was impressed with their dedication.

3. The place was a wreck today. I always train in the morning but today I trained in the afternoon. I guess it's straightened out for the morning then it deteriorates. This afternoon plates were everywhere. What a mess.

5. If you're wearing ear buds please realize I can't hear the song when you're singing. Some of these guys sound like a cat kicked in the balls.

7. Maybe I mentioned this before but is this the new thing? Why are guys slamming down their water bottles prior to a set?  Why the drama?  Next time I go, between every set I'm going to growl and not only slam my water bottle on the ground, I will throw it across the gym.  Maybe I can set a new trend.

Careful, much of this behavior would get a person kicked out of the gym I go to. There's a power lifting room where growling and slamming water bottles is acceptable. Nowhere in the gym is it acceptable to not restack your weights when you're done with them. Nowhere in the gym can you throw a water bottle and expect other's will let it go.

The guys in hoodies may be cold blooded. If you're still working out at the gym where your wife gave you a membership, it should be air-conditioned.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature thread
« Reply #7462 on: July 13, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

Careful, you're catching up to me. Happy Birthday Steve.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7463 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »
Prime you're killing me.  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7464 on: July 13, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
Careful, you're catching up to me. Happy Birthday Steve.
thanks jay.....

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7465 on: July 13, 2015, 07:19:07 PM »
jay already wished me well.birthday today 4 7  :o,, 8)
did chest/tri/abs at home so i could have cupcakes/dinner with wife /kids

good workout tho,,,

inc db press super set with inc flye x3
seated chest press alone x3
dec db flyes x3
seated chest press side long grip superset with pushups x3

tris
skull crushers x3,,did 3 reps skulls then 3 mini presses repeat,repeat ,9reps ea per set..
tricep pushdowns x4
kick backs x3 with bench dips x2'bodyweight'
reverse grip pushdowns x3

abs

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7466 on: July 13, 2015, 07:26:49 PM »
Damn, that's a long ride so far. You have a good skin, must be Italian genetics.
8),,tan well in summer,get brown in a few days out in sun,i do lawn shirtless :P..sit out when get a chance,i use a lot of moisturizers after shaving down :-*,,,always shave/looks good when lean..no acne had it as kid but now nothing..train and take care of everything around it..i have a cabinet like a women,colognes/scrubs,ect,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7467 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:53 AM »
 ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7468 on: July 14, 2015, 12:42:42 AM »
Trained legs today.

leg extension 3 x 12
lying leg curl 3 x 12-8

Gym observations.

if people want to act like that then i am sure there are enough "Hardcore Gyms" for them out there. I only know one Gym here who allows this sort of thing, all the others kick them out or donīt allow them a contract. where i am one trainer was sacked because he was Ronny Coleman loud when training. i liked the Guy but made a fool of himself with his weird screaming and grunting. He was spoken to about it on a few occasions but never listened.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7469 on: July 14, 2015, 03:52:42 AM »
8),,tan well in summer,get brown in a few days out in sun,i do lawn shirtless :P..sit out when get a chance,i use a lot of moisturizers after shaving down :-*,,,always shave/looks good when lean..no acne had it as kid but now nothing..train and take care of everything around it..i have a cabinet like a women,colognes/scrubs,ect,,

That's a lot to keep your wife happy ;) 
Every now and then I scrub my face and apply an egg white mask. Works pretty well, since it results in a silk-like skin for days.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7470 on: July 14, 2015, 04:49:44 AM »
As Donny is getting older (but less 'mature'), he sometimes makes the mistake to reply via another thread, so I thought why not help this geriatric stalker good man :)

about as original as your egg white mask you wrote about today...tell the truth you are the Gym Bitch..itīs  Jizz  :D  so it keeps your skin silky does it SpunkPlates? Oh Man... ???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7471 on: July 14, 2015, 06:14:36 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7472 on: July 14, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »
Happy birthday njflex!

Today's gym observations. Trained delt and arms. My delts were incredibly weak pressing today then it hit me. It was the 4 hour kayak trip I took on Saturday. It just weakened my pressing. I'm sure I will be back better than before next delt day.

Observations: Incredible blonde training with tight leggings and and a belly shirt. Just stunning and ripped. She could easily be a top level fitness model. Just enough muscle to still be feminine.  She was thin and muscular. She really knew training. She even did front squats using straps to hold to get her elbow up. That is an advanced trick of training. I do notice she has trouble training because guys are constantly trying to engage her in conversation between set and she is friendly.

Some guys there look in just incredible shape. Not the drug bloated muscle of a bodybuilder but top conditioned athletes. Wish I was in my 20's again.  I'm still in good shape but there is only so much one can do in their later 50's without drugs.

It's not my imagination but the gym goes to hell as the day goes on. Early morning it's all in place. By afternoon the place is turning into a wreck. I wonder how it is at night?  I guess the workers clean up the place first thing in the morning. By afternoon plates are completely messed up on the storage pegs. Also does anyone have a job? The place is packed in the morning around 9AM.

I never give out training advice but some of the people new to training really could use some advices as Arnold would say it. One 20 something girl was using the seated dip machine with her arms locked straight using her body weight to push the handles down. I wonder what she thinks she is working? Maybe legs?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7473 on: July 14, 2015, 08:09:06 AM »
Happy birthday njflex!

Today's gym observations. Trained delt and arms. My delts were incredibly weak pressing today then it hit me. It was the 4 hour kayak trip I took on Saturday. It just weakened my pressing. I'm sure I will be back better than before next delt day.

Observations: Incredible blonde training with tight leggings and and a belly shirt. Just stunning and ripped. She could easily be a top level fitness model. Just enough muscle to still be feminine.  She was thin and muscular. She really knew training. She even did front squats using straps to hold to get her elbow up. That is an advanced trick of training. I do notice she has trouble training because guys are constantly trying to engage her in conversation between set and she is friendly.

Some guys there look in just incredible shape. Not the drug bloated muscle of a bodybuilder but top conditioned athletes. Wish I was in my 20's again.  I'm still in good shape but there is only so much one can do in their later 50's without drugs.

It's not my imagination but the gym goes to hell as the day goes on. Early morning it's all in place. By afternoon the place is turning into a wreck. I wonder how it is at night?  I guess the workers clean up the place first thing in the morning. By afternoon plates are completely messed up on the storage pegs. Also does anyone have a job? The place is packed in the morning around 9AM.

I never give out training advice but some of the people new to training really could use some advices as Arnold would say it. One 20 something girl was using the seated dip machine with her arms locked straight using her body weight to push the handles down. I wonder what she thinks she is working? Maybe legs?

THANKS RICH....GLAD YOUR ENJOYING THE DIFFERENT TRAINING ENVIROMENT...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7474 on: July 14, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »
Just been for a run was hard today was feeling tired.