Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 238240 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: mature Bodybuilding thread
« Reply #7475 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:56 AM »
Happy birthday njflex!

Today's gym observations. Trained delt and arms. My delts were incredibly weak pressing today then it hit me. It was the 4 hour kayak trip I took on Saturday. It just weakened my pressing. I'm sure I will be back better than before next delt day.

Observations: Incredible blonde training with tight leggings and and a belly shirt. Just stunning and ripped. She could easily be a top level fitness model. Just enough muscle to still be feminine.  She was thin and muscular. She really knew training. She even did front squats using straps to hold to get her elbow up. That is an advanced trick of training. I do notice she has trouble training because guys are constantly trying to engage her in conversation between set and she is friendly.

Some guys there look in just incredible shape. Not the drug bloated muscle of a bodybuilder but top conditioned athletes. Wish I was in my 20's again.  I'm still in good shape but there is only so much one can do in their later 50's without drugs.

It's not my imagination but the gym goes to hell as the day goes on. Early morning it's all in place. By afternoon the place is turning into a wreck. I wonder how it is at night?  I guess the workers clean up the place first thing in the morning. By afternoon plates are completely messed up on the storage pegs. Also does anyone have a job? The place is packed in the morning around 9AM.

I never give out training advice but some of the people new to training really could use some advices as Arnold would say it. One 20 something girl was using the seated dip machine with her arms locked straight using her body weight to push the handles down. I wonder what she thinks she is working? Maybe legs?

rich I like reading about your exploits in the gym...makes me laugh

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7476 on: July 14, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »
No gym yesterday per doctor's orders, colonoscopy instead. I would have rather gone to the gym, for sure. All's good though and now that's done with for the next three years.

Car's in the shop today with a laundry list of repairs, pretty much all maintenance stuff. The bill is likely to be a few thousand dollars. It's a lot, but not as much as a new car. I may not get it back until tomorrow. Guess I will do yard work for exercise and catch up on the gym when I have wheels again.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7477 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
No gym yesterday per doctor's orders, colonoscopy instead. I would have rather gone to the gym, for sure. All's good though and now that's done with for the next three years.

Car's in the shop today with a laundry list of repairs, pretty much all maintenance stuff. The bill is likely to be a few thousand dollars. It's a lot, but not as much as a new car. I may not get it back until tomorrow. Guess I will do yard work for exercise and catch up on the gym when I have wheels again.
it sucks getting old, i had one of those rotor rooter jobs  too flaired up my hemmoroids, just had a prostate biopspy that sucked too...
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7478 on: July 14, 2015, 11:10:01 AM »
it sucks getting old, i had one of those rotor rooter jobs  too flaired up my hemmoroids, just had a prostate biopspy that sucked too...

Yeah it does. Anyone over 50 should get a colonoscopy. I believe most insurance covers the complete cost. Prostate biopsies are not fun at all. I'm glad I don't need them anymore.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7479 on: July 14, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
That's a lot to keep your wife happy ;) 
Every now and then I scrub my face and apply an egg white mask. Works pretty well, since it results in a silk-like skin for days.

You like Geer en Goor, too ?
En Ronnie Tober ?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7480 on: July 14, 2015, 01:40:12 PM »
You like Geer en Goor, too ?
En Ronnie Tober ?

Dude, it works and that's what matters. Give it a try.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7481 on: July 14, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »
The first colonoscopy I had was about 25 years ago. The doctor gave me no sedative and did not put me under. Felt like I was going to pass out when I stood up after it was finished but I was completely awake for the procedure. Last year I was scoped up the rear and also had a scope down my mouth. This time with a different doctor they knocked my out for the procedure.  I really hate getting knocked out and being at the mercy of a doctor.  I heard one nurse say she heard a doctor talking nice to the patient while he was awake and when he was knocked out he had nothing but rotten things to say about the patient.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7482 on: July 15, 2015, 07:25:39 AM »
Todays workout was Physio and then direct after i went swimming. No big deal but keeps me moving every Day, that along with running. Had a woman today, Blond think she owns the Physio place.. really helped the pain in my fingers by stretching my arm outwards and hand. Really felt the stretch. nice looking woman about 38 or so.. :)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7483 on: July 15, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
Todays workout was Physio and then direct after i went swimming. No big deal but keeps me moving every Day, that along with running. Had a woman today, Blond think she owns the Physio place.. really helped the pain in my fingers by stretching my arm outwards and hand. Really felt the stretch. nice looking woman about 38 or so.. :)
i try to swim every day in the summer too, usually anywhere for one half to one mile, gotta keep the heart pumping...
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7484 on: July 15, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »

Either I missed the post or you haven't said, but are you still able to work or are you on sick leave?

It's always nice when the therapist is not only attractive but also does a great job. The therapist I had after the knee surgery, Lindsay, is quite nice looking, athletic and natural (no make-up). She lives with her longtime boyfriend. I can still fantasize though. She's just my type although she is way too young for me, probably only in her early to mid thirties.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7485 on: July 15, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »
Either I missed the post or you haven't said, but are you still able to work or are you on sick leave?

It's always nice when the therapist is not only attractive but also does a great job. The therapist I had after the knee surgery, Lindsay, is quite nice looking, athletic and natural (no make-up). She lives with her longtime boyfriend. I can still fantasize though. She's just my type although she is way too young for me, probably only in her early to mid thirties.
at home at the moment so sick. Yes she really knows her job. Really just doing more cardiovascular training and a few exercises I know and was shown...hate writing on my phone 8)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature thread
« Reply #7486 on: July 15, 2015, 01:00:56 PM »
8),,tan well in summer,get brown in a few days out in sun,i do lawn shirtless :P..sit out when get a chance,i use a lot of moisturizers after shaving down :-*,,,always shave/looks good when lean..no acne had it as kid but now nothing..train and take care of everything around it..i have a cabinet like a women,colognes/scrubs,ect,,

My skin is olive toned and naturally oily. Tanning has never been a problem for me either, nor have wrinkles. My daughter is always giving me skin conditioners. Like you, I have a cabinet full of these products. I'm a hairy guy. Rather than shave though, I just buzz-cut everything, including my head. It's less work and there's no irritating stubble.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7487 on: July 15, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
i try to swim every day in the summer too, usually anywhere for one half to one mile, gotta keep the heart pumping...
yeah gotta work the pumper

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature thread
« Reply #7488 on: July 15, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »
As Donny is getting older (but less 'mature'), he sometimes makes the mistake to reply via another thread, so I thought why not help this geriatric stalker good man :)

Quote from: Donny on July 14, 2015, 03:01:37 AM

about as original as your egg white mask you wrote about today...tell the truth you are the Gym Bitch..itīs  Jizz  Cheesy  so it keeps your skin silky does it SpunkPlates? Oh Man... Huh

The two of you should take a good look at what you're posting about each other. It brings each of you down. You are both better and more mature than this. Find a truce, for goodness sakes.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7489 on: July 15, 2015, 01:10:24 PM »
The two of you should take a good look at what you're posting about each other. It brings each of you down. You are both better and more mature than this. Find a truce, for goodness sakes.

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7490 on: July 15, 2015, 01:15:16 PM »
at home at the moment so sick. Yes she really knows her job. Really just doing more cardiovascular training and a few exercises I know and was shown...hate writing on my phone 8)

You are lucky to live in Germany were sick leave is the norm. In the U.S. you are at the mercy of your employer. Currently in most states, employers are not required to offer sick leave. When I worked, I'd earn one day a month. Fortunately, I rarely got sick. Overtime, I accumulated thousands of hours of sick leave which I ended up using for family medical leave to take care of my wife. Had I not had to use them, I could have added them to my final average salary and it would have increased my retirement amount.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7491 on: July 15, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
You are lucky to live in Germany were sick leave is the norm. In the U.S. you are at the mercy of your employer. Currently in most states, employers are not required to offer sick leave. When I worked, I'd earn one day a month. Fortunately, I rarely got sick. Overtime, I accumulated thousands of hours of sick leave which I ended up using for family medical leave to take care of my wife. Had I not had to use them, I could have added them to my final average salary and it would have increased my retirement amount.
here if you're sick for more than 6 weeks then the medical insurance pays most of your normal wage. Not all but I think 70%

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7492 on: July 15, 2015, 01:34:35 PM »

So exposing his childish behavior with a scent of sarcasm makes me less mature? Isn't it ironic that Donny has the intention to start a 'mature' thread?
Just two questions before you judge too soon...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7493 on: July 15, 2015, 01:36:02 PM »
here if you're sick for more than 6 weeks then the medical insurance pays most of your normal wage. Not all but I think 70%

That's the way workers' comp is paid here. Do you have to pay taxes this money? One doesn't when they are on workers' comp in the U.S. Sick leave pay is taxed in the U.S. Since income taxes on average run about 30% the 70% tax free wage keeps one on a par.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature thread
« Reply #7494 on: July 15, 2015, 01:53:39 PM »
So exposing his childish behavior with a scent of sarcasm makes me less mature? Isn't it ironic that Donny has the intention to start a 'mature' thread?
Just two questions before you judge too soon...

I should have expressed my feelings about this feud via PMs, my apologies for making it public. Just for the record, I wasn't judging who was the least mature in this situation. Both of you are mature, intelligent adults who are acting immaturely. It doesn't become either of you in my humble opinion.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7495 on: July 15, 2015, 02:02:44 PM »
I should have expressed my feelings about this feud via PM, my apologies for making it public. Just for the record, I wasn't judging who was the least mature in this situation.

No need to make apologies Jay, I believe in an open, fair and mature(!) discussion, one with solid arguments. This whole BS started after Donny had his doubts about my training log by PMing me that he had (yeah 'had') the ability to remove my posting.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7496 on: July 15, 2015, 02:15:18 PM »
Prime wrote me a PM about this matter, and here's my reply (I believe in an open discussion regarding this moron, yes: I said MORON)

I've heard that 'let it go' advice many times before, so I get your point.
In this particular case I believe it's best to address this right away (the exposing part).
I was hoping that Donny was wise enough that his childish behavior is pretty foolish, but being a proud Scot, he seems to refuse that.
After this I opted for that 'let it go' route, but when Donny feels the need to stay childish by stalking me in threads that he normally NEVER visits (see his posting history), than I will pay him back, DP style  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7497 on: July 15, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »
Trained back and chest.

Pull ups 2 x max
Low row 3 x 12
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10
Hammer strength pulldowns 2 x 8 then I took some weight off and 1 x 10

Flat dumbbell bench 2 x 7-5
Hammer bench 2 x 8
Hammer strength inclines 2 x 8
Flat flies 2 x 10

deadlifts 2x4 then 1 x 1 Kept it light till my bad leg heals if it ever will. I used 340lbs for my single.

Ab coaster 2 x 23 with 20lbs.
Side twist machine 2 x 10 each side

Weighted back extensions 2 x 15 ( held a 25 pound plate behind my head)

Gym observations:

1. Saw a young teenager doing power squats with no safety rack or spotter using 290lbs. I had to tell him of the danger. I said, "What if you fail and no ones around?"  He said the only time he failed was when he was new to lifting and it was 240 lbs.  I know experienced Olympic lifters are very skilled at dumping the weight. I never was and I would be pinned if it wasn't for safety rack spotters.

2. Back in the day I was always use to huge bench pressers doing their thing. I haven't seen a big bench guy yet.

3. Saw a juicer doing partial deadlifts at pins set just above his knees. The weight was about 450lbs. Just wonder if he could deadlift it off the ground.

4. Saw a guy who looks like he juices doing the strangest thing and I can't figure it out. He was holding a short straight bar attached to a pulley that is about hip level. He would hold the bar and put a weight on the weight stack. Now he would do squats. If you can imagine this he isn't lifting the weight just moving it slightly because the weight has no bearing on his squats.

5. In the boxing room I saw a 50 something year old hit the bag with nothing but arm punches while standing static. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has physical issues and doing what he can. I just saw him and thought he would get killed if he ever tried to hit someone.

6. I saw a thick big chested 40 year old milf wearing those black panty hose legging and it curved right in to her big sexy ass.  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7498 on: July 15, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
back

chins wide x2 inner x2
low pully cable rows 160/180/200
hammer pulldown machine usually underhanded die side grips x3 plate and 25, 2 sets 2 plates side
bent over rows 185/205/205
standing rope pulldowns/stretch  x2,,nice finish

weighted hypers x3 x15

traps
shrugs x4 185/225,275,275
reverse shrug 225/275

calf raises standing 140x25,180x15,200x15,220x12 ,220x8drops 180x8 140x8

abs

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The Mature thread
« Reply #7499 on: July 16, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »
Prime wrote me a PM about this matter, and here's my reply (I believe in an open discussion regarding this moron, yes: I said MORON)

I've heard that 'let it go' advice many times before, so I get your point.
In this particular case I believe it's best to address this right away (the exposing part).
I was hoping that Donny was wise enough that his childish behavior is pretty foolish, but being a proud Scot, he seems to refuse that.
After this I opted for that 'let it go' route, but when Donny feels the need to stay childish by stalking me in threads that he normally NEVER visits (see his posting history), than I will pay him back, DP style  ;)

Being the clueless person that I am, I had to look up DP style. All I could find was that it meant double penetration style and I doubt this applies here. Maybe you could clue me in.

I am disappointed that you decided not to keep your and my conversation to PMs. Your nemesis has done this with regards to this conversation, which says a lot in my book.  What are you really trying to prove here? Why did you take our PM public?

Both of you can try to justify your feelings by referencing history. Maybe it is time for you both to move forward and let history be put to rest.

I am not suggesting you all should become best friends.

What are you doing to resolve this issue? What do you want to see happen when all is said and done?