Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried one of these...  (Read 4097 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Has anyone ever tried one of these...
« on: May 04, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »
I've been considering getting an endless pools swim machine for cardio and other benefits.

They sent me a cool free DVD from their website, www.EndlessPools.com and it looks pretty good.

Was wondering if anyone has one or has ever used one, ...if so what do you think of it?
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Has anyone ever tried one of these...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:55:06 AM »
never used one, but im sure it would be effective cardio. however it is probably really expensive, and you could get the same workout from any decent-sized pool.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 12:56:45 PM »
I can't fathom how expensive one of those things is!!!  Probably about as much as putting in a REAL pool!  I'd much rather have a real pool...  If you find out how much they cost, let us know.  I'm very curious.  Yet not remotely interested!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 09:54:13 PM »
im pretty sure that they dont have enough strength in theiir jets to keep a strong swimmer inplace.   but maybe the upper end ones do..just not for a sprinter.   so i guess it depends on your level of swimming ability. but swimming long ditances really is a great way of doing cardio..      20 laps at a decent rate will exhaus even the experienced of swimmers.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 08:32:50 AM »
I guess if you had a sunken living room it would be perfect. I can see a whole line of rubber duckie's enjoying the swim. Looks like something they would have at a Home Show and probably cheaper. Might consider a Air Dyne, etc for whole body involvement, as a better investment. Treating the water with chemicals, cleaning, changing water, mopping up, etc can be added to the weekly upkeep. Might just get a spa, with a wet bar and a place for cigars & other stuff on the side, as a better investment. It would be for me anyway.  Good Luck.