Author Topic: Getting the last 10lbs off.  (Read 3107 times)

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
Getting the last 10lbs off.
« on: August 06, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »
Anyone have some suggestions on getting the last 10lbs of fat off.  Its starting to be a real bitch.  Losing the first 20 was nothing, but now this shit woulnt come off.  When I do cardio now my apetite goes through the fucking roof.  It's taking all my will power just to stay around 2,000 clean calories, but I guess i gotta get lower than that since this fat isnt going anywhere.

I need to get this last 10lbs off, cuz I really dont wanna start bulking up again untill I get real cut up...Im almost there, but this last bit of fat is so fucking stubborn. >:( >:( >:(

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: Getting the last 10lbs off.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 01:30:31 AM »
hmmmmm i hav this problem too , can get to that point then its an uphill battle.....this time when i get to that point im gonna keep to my belt notch/pants size at the time and take a week off cardio and just keep the weights up , maybe increase the carbs and then get back into it.......Im not sure what else ya can do?

Be interesting to see what suggestions come up

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:50:58 AM »
could be your starving yourself and your body is in save mode. try going above in calories for a few days (keep the cardio and weights up but move up 500-1000 in calories then cycle back down again). Remember its the bodys desire to hold everything when it thinks you will not get fed again.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »
could be your starving yourself and your body is in save mode. try going above in calories for a few days (keep the cardio and weights up but move up 500-1000 in calories then cycle back down again). Remember its the bodys desire to hold everything when it thinks you will not get fed again.

nonsense he is probably eating too much as it is.  People come up with so much stupid shit just to avoid feeling a little bit hungry.

Try cutting your calories to 1500 a day for 2 weeks.  The weight will be gone....but you probably have more than 10lbs to lose

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 04:15:11 PM »
Ok, then of that 1500, how much Protein / Carbs / Fat.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:20:50 PM »
it really doesn't matter

just try to eat mostly healthier foods (you know less processed junk more quality food) that are somewhat filling so you will be able to stick to your calorie limit.  You will see results I guarantee it.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 05:43:57 PM »
Its not getting hungry thats an issue , its losing muscle...

KAM

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 06:20:19 PM »
if you cut your calorie intake down to low then your going to lose to much muscle. i would keep my calorie intake no lower then 2500 and good quality protein, only enough carbs to get you through the day and your workouts and bump up the carido.  don't eat anything within a hour of going to sleep.  basically eat clean and do carido it will come off.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »
if you cut your calorie intake down to low then your going to lose to much muscle. i would keep my calorie intake no lower then 2500 and good quality protein, only enough carbs to get you through the day and your workouts and bump up the carido.  don't eat anything within a hour of going to sleep.  basically eat clean and do carido it will come off.

idiot

this is more supplement industry BS.  YOU WILL NOT LOSE muscle just because you have low calories.  People think they are losing muscle when they cut because they didn't realize how fat they actually were.  As long as you keep lifting you will not lose muscle, even on sub 1000 calorie diets.  1500 is very conservative.

I bet KAM you are a lard azz.

KAM

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »
actually I'm 6' 202lb  11% bf    and if you diet to hard (1500 cal) no matter how much you work out you will lose muscle!  I'm going to leave it at that believe what you want there no point in arguing with you.

cshep57

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 11:23:08 AM »
I'm having the same problems.  I was 202 lbs at 20% BF.  Through calorie cutting and increased cardio, I'm down to 172 at 9% BF.  I have 4 great abs but can't get the last remaining fat off the lower abs.  I've tried everything to stopping the diet for a few days, cutting cardio for a few days, decreasing calories, etc.  I hope somebody has a miracle answer for this.   

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »
idiot

this is more supplement industry BS.  YOU WILL NOT LOSE muscle just because you have low calories.  People think they are losing muscle when they cut because they didn't realize how fat they actually were.  As long as you keep lifting you will not lose muscle, even on sub 1000 calorie diets.  1500 is very conservative.

I bet KAM you are a lard azz.

::)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »
Eat foods that require more energy to digest, and that are basic in nature.  IE eat lots of broclie. I read a 12 week shreading program once that also included at least a cup of broclie per day.  After a week I noticed huge results.

Else if you want the easy way, just pay $5k and have it LIPO off.  That may be what I do this christmass.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 05:16:36 PM »
Eat foods that require more energy to digest, and that are basic in nature.  IE eat lots of broclie. I read a 12 week shreading program once that also included at least a cup of broclie per day.  After a week I noticed huge results.

Else if you want the easy way, just pay $5k and have it LIPO off.  That may be what I do this christmass.

the easy way is to stop eating so damn much.  don't you people have any self-control?

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 12:30:37 PM »
@ 1500 cals, does it matter if its in 3 meals or 6 meals per day?  Some say total cals in vs. total cals burned is all that matters, but i read alot about making sure to eat more smaller meals instead of 3 bigger ones.

KAM

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 01:19:58 PM »
eat more smaller meals instead of 3 bigger ones,   is the way to go

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 03:11:09 PM »
@ 1500 cals, does it matter if its in 3 meals or 6 meals per day?  Some say total cals in vs. total cals burned is all that matters, but i read alot about making sure to eat more smaller meals instead of 3 bigger ones.

really whatever works for you.  The important thing is to stick to the calorie restriction, so if it is easier for you to do that by eating smaller meals throughout the day that is fine.  For me it is easier to just eat three meals.

KAM

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 05:43:49 PM »
really whatever works for you.  The important thing is to stick to the calorie restriction, so if it is easier for you to do that by eating smaller meals throughout the day that is fine.  For me it is easier to just eat three meals.
  thats why he's 145 lb ;)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »
ECA
bodybuildersreality.com

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 07:28:03 PM »
  thats why he's 145 lb ;)

actually I'm a massive 150lbs at 5'9"

How much do you think naturals of my height weigh at contest time?  If they have small joints it won't be more than 10 or 15lbs more than me at the most.

KAM

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 12:11:56 PM »
actually I'm a massive 150lbs at 5'9"

How much do you think naturals of my height weigh at contest time?  If they have small joints it won't be more than 10 or 15lbs more than me at the most.
haha yeah but thats at contest time they don't stay at that weight all the time and when they are there shredded, your that weight all the time so you can't compare your self to them.  all i can say is just stand next to one of them and you will see the differences

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 12:43:38 PM »
haha yeah but thats at contest time they don't stay at that weight all the time and when they are there shredded, your that weight all the time so you can't compare your self to them.  all i can say is just stand next to one of them and you will see the differences

they don't bulk as much as juiced BBers and yes I'm basically shredded.  I don't compete but I wanted to see how cut I could get as a status update.  People like you that perma-bulk remain deluded and imagine that all of that fat is muscle.

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 03:25:14 PM »
Eating around 1500cals isnt as hard as I thought It would be, just gotta make sure to eat good foods and hunger really isnt to big of and issue.  A few times I have gotten hunger pains and I drank a few classes of water and It went away.  Ill let you know how this works, my guess is that it will bcuz eating above 2,000 didnt lose any weight no matter how much cardio.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 11:53:43 PM »
im telling you, when the weight starts melting off you will be shocked how much your taper improves.