Author Topic: who here trains EARLY? And how do you get energy?  (Read 2612 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
who here trains EARLY? And how do you get energy?
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »
I've never trained very early in the morning but my work schedule and school are now going to require me to. I'm starting a bulk so not realy restricted on foods, but how do you GET ENERGY to train around 6 a.m.? I heard if you eat a big meal before hand you get cramps/ is hard to train. What do you guys eat or take? Coffee? Caffeine pills? I just need to have a lot of strength/energy.. Thanks

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: who here trains EARLY? And how do you get energy?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »
Take a cold shower.
just push some weight!

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:35:10 PM »
coffee!! i have coffee with a light breakfist an hour before training. I train at 9am. I sometimes  look at bbing video clips to get more fired up.

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:10:11 PM »
I run at 6:00 all the time-- your body just gets used to it-- though it seems like a shock at first! You definitely have to eat something! Listening to high-powred music also can give you energy!

if I lift early morning I eat some oatmeal or fruit and cereal and/or maybe a yogurt on the way to the gym (30 min drive). Anything more --with doing heavy weights doesn't stay down too well.

Be sure to have something ready to eat post-exercise like a proten bar or shake.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:38:45 PM »
Coffee, Plus than you don't have to worry about going to the gym later.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 03:25:24 AM »
give it a try for a couple of weeks maybe your body gets used to it
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:42:13 AM »
Coffee, fruit, fruit juice + 5-10 minutes of light cardio/running and/or a shower will both wake you up and give you energy. No big meal until after.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 07:19:50 AM »
I agree with the adjustment before stimulents, since after time you will have to increase the outside stims to get the same result. I for years worked out from 5-6:30 am and was fine and the body got used to it and I would awake ready to move iron even on the days off then went to a 10-12 am for a couple of years and same result now I train 5-7pm and at first after a long day of work it was a mental chore to make the drive but now I find as it gets to about 3:30-4 I get some carbs in and my mind just kind of gets ready to go.Just takes time.

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 07:32:47 AM »
I train at 5:30am, and yeah you just get used to it.  Its always hard the first day but make yourself do it because you'll be tired way earlier and it just gets easier from there.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »
Ive used no-explode and nitrobolic try it it gives me a huge energy rush. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 02:12:50 PM »
I love morning lifting. I always feel more energized throughout the rest of the day.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 12:53:29 AM »
Speedballs
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 01:57:31 AM »
On my  days off I'm in the gym at 6am. I work midnight to eight during the week so those days I don't get there till 9am. Getting up is a lil challenging at first but lke the other posts, you do get used to it. I don't have coffee before just my oatmeal and egg whites. I get energy as soon as I put my hands on the weight. It's a mind thing.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 10:01:24 AM »

I wake at 5 and before my feet hit the floor I chug a tall glass of natural pure green tea with some vitamins B,C,Multi,Arginine,Trib. Get dressed walk to the kitchen down a whey protein shake. Open the pb jar and have 2-4 spoonfuls with a glass of skim milk, sometimes I throw a banana in there, then go. Blast old school AC/DC in the car on the way to the gym, when I get there throw the AC/DC in the CD player and train (during my workout I drink a 2.2 liter protein drink just to make sure I got enough running through me). Works everyday. Always Sore said it best, after a couple of weeks it'll be like second nature. Good Luck.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »
Red Line, without a doubt.. Though you may want to delute it a bit if not use to a shock treatment in  liquad form. Can last up to 4-5 hours, so anyone might be warned before taking. Red Bull, RockStar, etc are tame for some, not this stuff. Don' worry, in about 15 minutes,or less, after drinking one you will be ready for a highly intense workout. Surprised it's legal and not sold out the back of a van ,but some health stores will carry it. GNC is one of them. I'm sure when the FDA pay's attention to this stuff, they will take it off the market. Until than, drink up.

A very popular clubbing drink out here in SoCal is Red Bull & Vodka. I would  suggest never mixing a Red  Line with any form of alcohol. Good Luck.

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 11:20:57 AM »

I wake at 5 and before my feet hit the floor I chug a tall glass of natural pure green tea with some vitamins B,C,Multi,Arginine,Trib. Get dressed walk to the kitchen down a whey protein shake. Open the pb jar and have 2-4 spoonfuls with a glass of skim milk, sometimes I throw a banana in there, then go. Blast old school AC/DC in the car on the way to the gym, when I get there throw the AC/DC in the CD player and train (during my workout I drink a 2.2 liter protein drink just to make sure I got enough running through me). Works everyday. Always Sore said it best, after a couple of weeks it'll be like second nature. Good Luck.
how can you eat all those sweets and work out thereafter?
 ??? ??? :-X

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »

What sweets man? It is natural peanut butter and a whey shake. There is no sugar of any kind in green tea? Are you high? :-\ ???

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 08:22:38 PM »
For me the best thing going is max muscle car powder (about 75g complex carbs) mixed with 2 spoons of instant coffee and a dose of sugar for some quick pick me up.  The coffee wakes me up a little and the carbs give me tons of energy at the gym. 

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »
I usually train at 5:30am.

I have to have my protein drink with carbs and my Rapid Thermal http://www.pureperformancenutrition.com/RapidThermalC3.php

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
Some people can do it some can't. For me, not only do I prefer working out in the evening, but I also have much much more energy. Some people just need a full days worth of food to get going.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 05:21:17 PM »
I've never trained very early in the morning but my work schedule and school are now going to require me to. I'm starting a bulk so not realy restricted on foods, but how do you GET ENERGY to train around 6 a.m.? I heard if you eat a big meal before hand you get cramps/ is hard to train. What do you guys eat or take? Coffee? Caffeine pills? I just need to have a lot of strength/energy.. Thanks

I am not a morning person by any stretch but for a year I did the 5 am thing for about a year. You will be surprised that once you start working out you will really feel great. I would have a granola bar, or a muffin or yogurt before you leave home.
The House that Ruth built

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »
It's a matter of adjusting your clock and getting used to it. Eating well the day prior is better than eating much in the morning before you go IMO.