Author Topic: 2021 Deathpool thread  (Read 65018 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2021 Deathpool thread
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2021, 08:52:19 PM »
SCOTTIE PIPPEN'S FIRSTBORN SON ANTRON DIES AT 33

Scottie Pippen has revealed his oldest son Antron Pippen passed away on Sunday. He was only 33.

"I'm heartbroken to share that yesterday, I said goodbye to my firstborn son Antron. The two of us shared a love for basketball and we had countless conversations about the game."

Scottie continued, "Antron suffered from chronic asthma and if he hadn’t had it, I truly believe he would've made it to the NBA. He never let that get him down, though -- Antron stayed positive and worked hard, and I am so proud of the man that he became."

Antron was born in 1987 to Karen McCollum -- who married Scottie in 1988 (they split in 1990).

Antron was a pretty solid basketball player who reportedly spent time hoopin' at Texas A&M International University (TAMIU). Clearly, Scottie believed he had real potential, if not for his medical condition.

Scottie did not reveal Antron's cause of death. However, he's asking fans to pray for his family.

"Please keep his mom, Karen, and all of his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. A kind heart and beautiful soul gone way too soon. I love you, son, rest easy until we meet again."

Antron also spent time playin ball at South Georgia Technical College -- and moments ago, the school paid tribute to their former player.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/19/scottie-pippen-antron-son-died-dead-nba-basketball/?fbclid=IwAR0biGld3ymBej5QrIvr-U2FNr4BuLsy86mBnZpIa6zCtqKDsNP43i75ADM

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2021, 09:07:37 PM »
former Vice President Walter Mondale has died at 93

MINNEAPOLIS — Former Vice President Walter F. Mondale, a liberal icon who lost the most lopsided presidential election after bluntly telling voters to expect a tax increase if he won, died Monday. He was 93.

The death of the former senator, ambassador and Minnesota attorney general was announced in a statement from his family. No cause was cited.

Mondale followed the trail blazed by his political mentor, Hubert H. Humphrey, from Minnesota politics to the U.S. Senate and the vice presidency, serving under Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981.

In a statement Monday night, Carter said he considered Mondale “the best vice president in our country’s history.” He added: “Fritz Mondale provided us all with a model for public service and private behavior.”

His own try for the White House, in 1984, came at the zenith of Ronald Reagan’s popularity. Mondale’s selection of Rep. Geraldine Ferraro of New York as his running mate made him the first major-party presidential nominee to put a woman on the ticket, but his declaration that he would raise taxes helped define the race.

On Election Day, he carried only his home state and the District of Columbia. The electoral vote was 525-13 for Reagan — the biggest landslide in the Electoral College since Franklin Roosevelt defeated Alf Landon in 1936. (Sen. George McGovern got 17 electoral votes in his 1972 defeat, winning Massachusetts and Washington, D.C.)

“I did my best,” Mondale said the day after the election, and blamed no one but himself.

“I think you know I’ve never really warmed up to television,” he said. “In fairness to television, it never really warmed up to me.”

Years later, Mondale said his campaign message had proven to be the right one.

“History has vindicated me that we would have to raise taxes,” he said. “It was very unpopular, but it was undeniably correct.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/19/former-vice-president-walter-mondale-dies-93/7295568002/?fbclid=IwAR0YooIWuXgLc17XZvR3p96XOjpUeTa2E-ApJillOBMfq2_rb2Vw-x7uhzg

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2021, 09:14:52 PM »
I read that he choked on a giant hairball.   ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2021, 02:42:12 AM »
Twiggy. :'(

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2021, 04:24:14 PM »
Rock Legend Jim Steinman Dead at 73

Jim Steinman, who wrote and produced huge hits for Meat Loaf, Air Supply, Celine Dion and Bonnie Tyler, is dead ... TMZ has learned.

Steinman died Monday in Connecticut, according to the state's medical examiner. The cause of death is unclear. We do know it appears it was sudden ... there was a medical emergency call to his home around 3:30 AM Sunday to transport a male patient.

Jim's perhaps best known for his songwriting work on Meat Loaf’s "Bat Out of Hell" -- one of the best selling albums of all time -- and "Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell" ... writing and producing the smash hit, "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)."

Steinman's got his fingerprints all over Bonnie Tyler's albums, writing and producing her biggest hit, "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

Jim also wrote and composed Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" and Barry Manilow's "Read 'Em and Weep," which was originally written for Meat Loaf.

He's also the brainchild behind another power ballad, "It's All Coming Back To Me Now," first recorded by Pandora's Box and then made famous with Celine Dion's cover.

Jim also worked with Def Leppard, Barbra Streisand, Billy Squier and The Sisters of Mercy. You wanna talk about accomplishments ... for 3 straight weeks in 1983, Jim was responsible for the #1 and #2 songs on Billboard -- 'Total Eclipse' was in the top spot, and 'Making Love' was second.

Steinman was 73.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/20/rock-legend-jim-steinman-dead-dies-meat-loaf/?fbclid=IwAR2w2Z_jRiC7dIm8a21Yq37fX5KIO6_FbLG6OaBynRgX7mf5Iyrpw891uAI

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2021, 08:49:45 PM »
I'm thinking Willie Nelson. Looked to be in bad shape recently. Hope I'm wrong

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2021, 03:31:31 AM »
He's looked that way for 50 years.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2021, 03:35:15 AM »
Yeah I put Willie on here a couple of pages ago but I’m hoping he lives forever.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2021, 08:41:39 PM »
Bay City Rollers singer Les McKeown, who helped spark the 'invention of boy bands,' dead at 65

Scottish pop singer Les McKeown, best known as the frontman of the wildly successful 1970s bubblegum-glam band the Bay City Rollers, has died at age 65. “It is with profound sadness that we announce the death of our beloved husband and father Leslie Richard McKeown,” his family posted on Twitter Thursday. “Leslie died suddenly at home on Tuesday.” No further details about the cause of death were disclosed at press time.

McKeown was born on Nov. 12, 1955, in Edinburgh, and was only 18 years old when he replaced the Bay City Rollers’ original singer, Gordon “Nobby” Clark, in 1973. He fronted the classic lineup — featuring Alan Longmuir (who died in 2018), Derek Longmuir, Stuart “Woody” Wood, and Eric Faulkner — during the height of the group’s “Rollermania” teen idol era, when they were being heralded as the next Beatles and even starred in their own U.K. television series. The “tartan teen sensations from Edinburgh” got their plaid-tastic look from McKeown’s father, a tailor, who made their famous trousers.

“They were adorable. Five cute guys at once. That's the story of rock ‘n’ roll. The invention of boy bands became an industry thanks to the Bay City Rollers,” music journalist and executive Danny Fields once told the BBC.

McKeown sang on the Rollers’ biggest hits, including “Remember (Sha-La-La-La),” “Shang-a-Lang,” “Summerlove Sensation,” “Give a Little Love,” “All of Me Loves All of You,” and a cover of the Four Seasons’ “Bye, Bye, Baby,” all of which cracked the top 10 in Britain. Their LPs Rollin’ and Once Upon a Star both went to No. 1 on the U.K. album chart, and the band eventually went on to sell 120 million records worldwide.

Stateside success came in 1975 thanks to an aggressive push from Clive Davis, then the head of the Rollers’ North American label, Arista Records. The band’s American breakthrough single and arguably their signature song, “Saturday Night” — the original version of which, with Nobby Clark on lead vocals, had failed to chart in Britain in 1973 — went to No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The Rollers debuted the song in America during a via-satellite performance on the ABC variety program Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell (not to be confused with the NBC sketch comedy show of the same name). They scored two more U.S. top 10 hits, “Money Honey” and “You Made Me Believe in Magic,” and released five gold-selling U.S. albums between 1975 and 1977.

McKeown’s rise to fame was marred by tragedy in 1975, when he was found guilty of reckless driving after striking and killing a 76-year-old woman, Euphemia Clunie, during a visit to his family in Edinburgh. He was only fined 100 pounds and banned from driving for a year, and he rejoined the Bay City Rollers’ tour the day after the accident. McKeown later confessed in various interviews that the ensuing unshakable guilt played a large role in his drug and alcohol addiction, which began in the late ‘70s. In 2005, he was arrested for driving while drunk and was found to be over twice the legal limit. After several stays in rehab, McKeown became sober for good in 2008.

Rollermania was short-lived, and by 1976 the group was already fracturing and undergoing various personnel changes; in 1978, McKeown departed the Rollers as they decided to go in a more new-wave musical direction. He released nine solo albums during his career, enjoying success in Japan with his 1979 debut, the cheekily titled All Washed Up, but his solo output failed to chart elsewhere. In 2015, he reunited with Stuart Woo and Alan Longmuir for a Bay City Rollers nostalgia tour, which kicked off at the Glasgow Barrowlands venue in the band’s home country.

Looking back on the Rollermania whirlwind while promoting a 2016 Bay City Rollers gig at Scotland’s T in the Park festival, McKeown told the Press and Journal, “I think we were a breath of fresh air in the ‘70s. There was nothing complicated about our music — although it's amazing how many people who used to come to our concerts as teenagers are still coming back with their daughters after all these years and they're singing our songs together. That's pretty special.”

McKeown’s most recent album was 2016’s The Lost Songs, featuring tunes he’d written while touring with the Bay City Rollers in the ‘70s. McKeown is survived by his wife, Peko Keiko, and their son, Jubei.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bay-city-rollers-singer-les-mc-keown-dead-at-65-200411441.html?ncid=facebook_yahooenter_yxwbqqk7sto&fbclid=IwAR08rrqAAlV3MX2m6yGtYkRhEau-4zsIklpk9r25QjYD18wAb5LOIvlKuO0&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9sLmZhY2Vib29rLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANOX9nSGNiDyTKdtVHSr6653sk6JZtOD2OQjQVUSE9gj3NWrHB4xRw8Lj8PpZ6hFKtd-831joG1sUwWe4nAxdQ4s4rTvCCC-MOnAlCYx91NBCGMyU_T0O4AMWxYKDLxjv577BvBEphvGlCal1kRVgpGjVcj-jCaVA1WJZtAgs2Em

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »
I doubt any of them lifted.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2021, 10:26:26 AM »
Is it too late to add Chauvin to this list?  he's on borrowed time.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2021, 10:43:27 AM »
Is it too late to add Chauvin to this list?  he's on borrowed time.
No he isn't.  1) he will be in a protected unit as a cop anyway and 2) most of the law enforcement, including prison guards, support him and will make sure he is fine.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2021, 04:36:59 PM »
Univ. of Kentucky Basketball's Terrence Clarke Dead At 19, Killed In L.A. Car Crash

Terrence Clarke -- a 19-year-old University of Kentucky basketball player and a projected 2021 NBA Draft pick -- was killed Thursday in a car accident in Los Angeles, law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports.

We're told Clarke was driving a Genesis around 2 PM in the San Fernando Valley when his vehicle was struck by another car ... sending him smashing into a pole and before ultimately slamming into a wall.

Footage from the accident shows Clarke's vehicle completely smashed in.

Law enforcement sources tell us the accident is being investigated -- but so far, no official cause of the crash has been determined.

We're told Clarke was in Los Angeles with his Kentucky teammate, B.J. Boston -- another NBA Draft prospect.

Boston was reportedly in the car behind Clarke when the accident occurred -- but we're told he's physically okay.

Clarke was rushed to a nearby hospital ... but injuries proved too severe and doctors were unable to save his life.  He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.

Terrence -- a 6'7" guard -- was an absolute stud on the hardwood. Rivals rated him a 5-star recruit coming out of high school in New Hampshire ... and ranked him as the #8 overall high school player in the entire country.

He didn't play much at Kentucky -- but he clearly had the talent to succeed at the pro level and recently declared for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Some experts projected he would be a 2nd-round pick -- with tons of upside.

Tragic story.

RIP.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/22/terrence-clarke-dead-car-crash-kentucky-nba-draft-bj-boston/?fbclid=IwAR35OVFkqkIZnWFOgDxr9GOiLFofrFKMblNoTsMkkPpyn8H1F6MtMG8H604

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2021, 05:52:23 PM »
The man behind viral ‘Spanish Giggles’ meme has passed away

Spanish comedian Juan Joya Borja, better known as ‘El Risitas’ (’The Giggles’), has died in Seville at the age of 65, due to a complication of the disease he had suffered for several years.

He was known as the man behind viral ‘Spanish laughing guy’ meme. The Spanish comedian and actor rose to internet fame in 2015 when a YouTube video of him laughing during an interview spawned dozens of celebrated parody clips.

The Spanish comedian and actor surged toward internet fame in 2015, as a YouTube video of him laughing during an interview spawned dozens of celebrated parody clips.

Before becoming an internet sensation, the popular actor and comedian rose to fame around the year 2000 by the hand of Jesús Quintero with his appearances on the programs ‘El Vagamundo’ or ’Ratones coloraos’, where he recounted his experiences along with the now-defunct ’El Peíto’. His laughter, jokes, personality and his famous tagline of ’cuñaooo’ made him popular with the nickname ’El Risitas’.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/the-man-behind-viral-spanish-giggles-meme-has-passed-away/ar-BB1ga3EN?ocid=msedgdhp

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2021, 05:53:57 PM »
Michael Collins was an Apollo 11 astronaut, who launched from Kennedy Space Center with crewmates Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on July 16, 1969, kicking off an eight-day mission that culminated in a successful landing on the moon. He was tasked with piloting the command module while Armstrong and Aldrin descended to the surface in the lunar module.

He died Wednesday at the age of 90.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2021, 06:23:25 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2021, 06:55:06 PM »
Kirk Douglas' Widow Anne Buydens Dead at 102

Anne Buydens, who married Kirk Douglas a year after meeting him in 1953 on a movie set, is dead.

Kirks' widow died peacefully Thursday at her Beverly Hills home, which she shared with her late husband ... according to reps for the family.

A longtime staple in Hollywood, Anne presided over the Douglas Foundation and The Bryna Company before she died ... but she got her start in Tinseltown as a location scout for director John Huston. Anne also worked as a publicist for the Cannes Film Festival back in the day.

Anne and Kirk married way back in 1954 ... they'd met the previous year while he was shooting his starring role in "Act of Love." Anne applied for a job as his assistant on the movie ... and the rest, as they say, was history.

Anne and Kirk had 2 sons together, Peter and Eric. The latter died in 2004. FYI, Michael Douglas is one of Kirk's sons from his first marriage.

One thing Kirk and Anne definitely had in common was longevity. You'll recall, he passed away in February 2020 at the age of 103. Anne was 102.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/29/kirk-douglas-widow-anne-dead-dies/?fbclid=IwAR2WM-dUAYYrn16w_lGbEnmKIP_Puqlj-PTxjmqLMTABW2uOTr7onZFbThA

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2021, 10:02:30 AM »
We're sad to hear of the death of Johnny Crawford (1946-2021) — original Mouseketeer, singer, co-star of THE RIFLEMAN.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/johnny-crawford-young-star-of-the-rifleman-dies-at-75?fbclid=IwAR3reaQkEDkR2tAU5oI-KiTtTy31ZJHOtnzjN2_xOFz893dWjqwY4zQHdFg

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2021, 12:33:05 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2021, 12:39:50 PM »
Olympia Mary Dukakis (June 20, 1931 — May 1, 2021)

She acted in over 130 stage productions, over 60 films, and in 50 television series. Best known as a screen actress, she started her career in theater. Not long after her arrival in New York City, she won an Obie Award for Best Actress in 1963 for her Off-Broadway performance in Bertolt Brecht's "Man Equals Man". She later moved to film acting and won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe, among other accolades, for her performance in Moonstruck (1987). She received another Golden Globe nomination for Sinatra (1992) and Emmy Award nominations for Lucky Day (1991), More Tales of the City (1998), and Joan of Arc (1999).  She also starred in Look Who's Talking and Mr. Holland's Opus. In July 2003, Dukakis' autobiography, Ask Me Again Tomorrow: A Life in Progress, was released and praised. In 1962, Olympia Dukakis married the fellow Manhattan theater actor, the Yugoslav-American Louis Zorich. They moved out of the city in 1970 to settle in Montclair, NJ. It was there they raised their three children: Christina, Peter, and Stefan. She was also a cousin of Michael Dukakis, former politician. Dukakis died on May 1, 2021 at age 89 following an illness.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »
Billie Hayes Dies: Wicked Witchiepoo Of ‘H.R. Pufnstuf’ Was 96

Billie Hayes, whose portrayal of the flamboyantly and comically wicked witch Witchiepoo on the 1969-70 Saturday morning live-action children’s classic H.R. Pufnstuf, died of natural causes April 29 at Cedar’s Hospital in Los Angeles. She was 96.

Her death was announced by her family.

A Broadway veteran by the time she reached national fame as the flute-stealing nemesis to a psychedelic dragon, Hayes had starred as Mammy Yokum in both the Broadway and film versions of the popular late-1950s musical Lil’ Abner. She’d made her Broadway debut in New Faces of 1956 along with an ensemble that included actress Maggie Smith.

Following a couple of guest appearances on episodic TV in 1967 – including a Mammy Yokum-type matriarch in the “Hillbilly Honeymoon” episode of The Monkees – Hayes endeared herself to a generation of glued-to-the-tube Saturday morning viewers in 1969 as the eccentrically costumed, ever-cackling and always bumbling Witchiepoo (full name: Wilhelmina W. Witchiepoo).

With a performance panache that was over-the-top even by the wacky standards of the Sid and Marty Krofft universe of costumed creatures, Hayes was an immediate scene-stealer. Series-stealer, actually: Though Witchiepoo was the H.R. Pufnstuf villain, intent on stealing the magical, talking Freddy the Flute as if he were a pair of ruby slippers, Hayes’ wildly entertaining vaudeville, slapstick style had legions of young viewers rooting her on to a victory that never came. “Why me?,” she’d whine or sob after the inevitable backfiring of her latest evil scheme.

Born in Du Quoin, Illinois, Hayes began her show business career at age 9, dancing professionally in local nightclubs. While still in high school, she joined the fourteen-piece regional orchestra of Vince Genovese, and performed solo in her teens in Chicago and throughout the Midwest.

After moving to New York, Hayes performed selections from her nightclub singing-and-dancing routine in an audition for famed theater impresario J.J. Shubert, who was so taken with her comic and musical talents he cast her in principal roles of three roadshow operettas: Student Prince, The Merry Widow and Blossom Time.

Soon enough she was co-starring with fellow newcomer Paul Lynde in the New York revue What’s New, which led to her Broadway debut in Leonard Sillman’s New Faces show. She then took over the role of Lil’ Abner‘s Mammy Yokum from the original cast’s Charlotte Rae, finding herself alongside another up-and-comer in the replacement cast named Valerie Harper.

Hayes, with old-age make-up, a white wig and a long-stemmed pipe, would reprise the role in Paramount’s 1959 film version and, in 1971, a TV-movie adaptation. She’d return to the stage in the late 1960s as the character Minnie Fay in the national touring company of Hello, Dolly! starring Betty Grable.

After her 1969 arrival in the destined-for-cult-classic Sid and Marty Krofft series, which also starred Jack Wild (Oliver!) as the on-the-run Dorothy Gale-stand-in Jimmy and, as Pufnstuf the dragon, Lennie Weinrib in full-body green-and-yellow costume, Hayes had found what would be her signature role. She returned as the character in the 1970 feature film adaptation Pufnstuf, along with Wild, Martha Raye and, in her sole feature role, “Mama” Cass Elliot (as Witch Hazel).

Hayes even reprised the role in 1976 on the ABC Halloween special of her old friend Paul Lynde, appearing with The Wizard of Oz‘s Margaret Hamilton in a comedy sketch that revealed the sisterly bond between the two famous witches.

The cancelation of H.R. Pufnstuf in 1970 led to yet another Krofft casting, this time in the dual role of Witchiepoo and the kindlier Weenie the Genie in Lidsville (1971-72), with Charles Nelson Reilly taking the show’s chief villain spot as magician Horatio J. Hoodoo.

Hayes had a long and busy subsequent TV career in voice roles – The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, The Flintstones Comedy Show, Trollkins, The Real Ghostbusters, Rugrats, Transformers: Rescue Bots, among many others – and she appeared in a recurring role on General Hospital in the early 1980s as a street-wise international spy named Agent Brighton O’Reilly.

Offscreen, Hayes founded the Los Angeles-based animal rescue nonprofit organization Pet Hope, a cause she had championed since adopting a puppy abandoned in the basement of Broadway’s St. James Theatre during the run of Lil’ Abner.

Hayes is survived by niece Nancy Powers, nephews Tom Brosch, Louie Brosch and Guy Brosch; their spouses; and several great-nieces and -nephews. The family requests donations in lieu of flowers to Pet Hope.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/billie-hayes-dead-obituary-witchiepoo-h-r-pufnstuf-actress-was-96-1234749037/?fbclid=IwAR0-ClBunxPc_7GejKw5k9PxIq3aMHNFwSTzeqbd5b3o_PiAvIsn5VAMlCQ

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2021, 06:26:11 PM »
'Blow' Inspiration George Jung Dead at 78

George Jung -- the prolific cocaine smuggler portrayed by Johnny Depp in the movie "Blow" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ ... George died Wednesday morning at home in the Boston area. The cause of death is currently not known, though he had recently been experiencing liver and kidney failure.

We're told he had been in home hospice care since this past weekend and died with his girlfriend, Ronda, and friend, Roger, by his side. We're told he will be cremated.

George's Twitter account tweeted a quote from the film Wednesday, “May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars. 1942-2021."

"Boston George," as he was known, served 20 years in prison for running drugs. He was released in 2014, but ultimately landed back behind bars just 2 years later for violating his parole by failing to inform his parole officer he would be hitting up San Diego.

He was famous for being part of the Medellin Cartel and helping Pablo Escobar smuggle planeloads of cocaine into the U.S. That was a big deal because, at the time, Escobar's cartel was responsible for distributing 80% of the world's cocaine -- and about 15 tons of blow reportedly came into the U.S. per day ... for a weekly haul of $420 million.

George's story was ultimately written in the book "Blow: How a Small-Town Boy Made $100 Million with the Medellin Cocaine Cartel and Lost It All" ... and then in the 2001 flick starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/05/blow-inspiration-george-jung-dead-78-johnny-depp/?fbclid=IwAR3SPmogtLyD_CEfBV4wQuFX972MYav_YYsuw07DtmPO-FTUCe-LX74kwiw

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2021, 02:21:04 AM »
Rock Legend Jim Steinman Dead at 73

Jim Steinman, who wrote and produced huge hits for Meat Loaf, Air Supply, Celine Dion and Bonnie Tyler, is dead ... TMZ has learned.

Steinman died Monday in Connecticut, according to the state's medical examiner. The cause of death is unclear. We do know it appears it was sudden ... there was a medical emergency call to his home around 3:30 AM Sunday to transport a male patient.

Jim's perhaps best known for his songwriting work on Meat Loaf’s "Bat Out of Hell" -- one of the best selling albums of all time -- and "Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell" ... writing and producing the smash hit, "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)."

Steinman's got his fingerprints all over Bonnie Tyler's albums, writing and producing her biggest hit, "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

Jim also wrote and composed Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" and Barry Manilow's "Read 'Em and Weep," which was originally written for Meat Loaf.

He's also the brainchild behind another power ballad, "It's All Coming Back To Me Now," first recorded by Pandora's Box and then made famous with Celine Dion's cover.

Jim also worked with Def Leppard, Barbra Streisand, Billy Squier and The Sisters of Mercy. You wanna talk about accomplishments ... for 3 straight weeks in 1983, Jim was responsible for the #1 and #2 songs on Billboard -- 'Total Eclipse' was in the top spot, and 'Making Love' was second.

Steinman was 73.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/20/rock-legend-jim-steinman-dead-dies-meat-loaf/?fbclid=IwAR2w2Z_jRiC7dIm8a21Yq37fX5KIO6_FbLG6OaBynRgX7mf5Iyrpw891uAI

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2021, 07:44:17 PM »
Tawny Kitaen has passed away at age 59.
R.I.P.