Author Topic: UFC 100: Liddell vs. Couture 4 at HW (rumor)  (Read 4924 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
UFC 100: Liddell vs. Couture 4 at HW (rumor)
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:07:54 PM »
Could be an interesting fight. It would be make it or break it for both...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/22/668094/bloody-elbow-exclusive-chu

A strong source indicates to Bloody Elbow that Chuck Liddell is currently in negotiations to move to heavyweight in order to fight Randy Couture.  The proposed fight would take place on June 13th in Cologne, Germany.

The UFC wants to have Randy on their Germany show because he speaks the language and can do all the promotion.  The winner of the fight would face the heavyweight champion in a big fight at the end of the year. 

Couture is uninterested in moving down to 205 where Forrest Griffin is champion and Wanderlei Silva is also a contender.  Both are close to him and in his camp, and weight cutting takes a toll at his age.  Given his status, they aren't going to have him fight guys like Cheick Kongo, it is only big fights for Couture at this stage.

For Liddell, the thought is that at his age the weight cutting process is taking more of a toll on his body, and whereas he would have to win a bunch of fights to get back at contention at 205, the heavyweight division is thin enough where he could jump in and be an immediate contender with a win.

It is believed internally that Couture/Liddell will draw better than Silva/Liddell, and they know that a potential Liddell/Lesnar match would probably be the biggest PPV in the history of MMA.  It's one of those win-win situations for PPV business.  Even a match between the two losers later in the year could likely do big business. 

The Anderson Silva match was discussed, but the buyrate news from October pretty much sealed the deal against that fight.  Anderson Silva will still probably fight in February in the UK, but not against Liddell.

For those counting, this show could be UFC 100.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: UFC 100: Liddell vs. Couture 4 at HW (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
you are living in 2004.move on these fighters are irrelevant.
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:47:17 PM »
you are living in 2004.move on these fighters are irrelevant.

Possibly...but still putting the rest of their career on the line...that is a meaningful fight either way.

We will see a very strategic fight. It really is a good match up the more I think about it.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:16:10 PM »
I wanna see this fight as much as I'd like to see Chack/Page III. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
I wanna see this fight as much as I'd like to see Chack/Page III. 

Do you realize that the fight with Chuck and Randy is a HW fight right. Different scenario...

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »

Do you realize that the fight with Chuck and Randy is a HW fight right. Different scenario...

I believe he was joking, but that's just my thought? I would like to see a chuck/page fight again... Fuck why not?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »

why is it different because it's in the heavyweight division ?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
Styles makes fights, and I don't want to pay my hard earned money to see part 4. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 09:53:01 PM »
why is it different because it's in the heavyweight division ?

The fact you have to ask that makes you an MMA idiot. Seriously.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 09:54:30 PM »
Styles makes fights, and I don't want to pay my hard earned money to see part 4. 

You are right...I am sure the next affliction card is going to be bad ass. I will watch that instead.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:16 PM »
I believe he was joking, but that's just my thought? I would like to see a chuck/page fight again... Fuck why not?

The article states they may fight at HW. Not joking.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »
The article states they may fight at HW. Not joking.

I know you were not joking I was talking about Bulldog...

Hey AB how you doing brother? I hope all is well down there. how are the business things going? Hope you and the fam have a great Thanksgiving, were trying to go back to Vegas just not looking forward to a drive... Chuck and Randy would be cool again along with page for the third time.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 10:09:52 PM »
that is a meaningful fight either way.

who the fuck is this little jerkoff anyways ?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

Hahahahaha! The old man is getting testy!

Calm down Geoffrey. It's most likely a Bluto gimmick.

Who the fuck would pay to watch these two fight again? You've got the coke head wash up or the 46+ year old senior citizen. BORING.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »

Are you mad that I don't share your point of view or...

Is is that I just exposed your lack of knowledge by you asking why fighting at HW makes a difference?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
Hahahahaha! The old man is getting testy!

Calm down Geoffrey. It's most likely a Bluto gimmick.

Who the fuck would pay to watch these two fight again? You've got the coke head wash up or the 46+ year old senior citizen. BORING.

Well what do you plan on wathcing instead. What MMA do you watch these days anyways? Curios?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
You need to find a TUF fanboy forum that would welcome a retard like you with open arms. I suggest Sherdog.com.

What should i watch instead of UFC? I am open to suggestions.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 10:37:23 PM »
Well what do you plan on wathcing instead. What MMA do you watch these days anyways? Curios?

I don't hand my cash over like a braindead idiot to an organization that wants to continually shove rematches down my throat. If the card is good, I'll watch it. Liddell-Couture 4 is not a good fight. It's boring and played out. You might be the only person who could honestly say they care about watching two washed up guys fight for a fourth time. The only people that card appeals to are the fanboys who pop their top to anything specifically UFC.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 10:40:20 PM »
I don't hand my cash over like a braindead idiot to an organization that wants to continually shove rematches down my throat. If the card is good, I'll watch it. Liddell-Couture 4 is not a good fight. It's boring and played out. You might be the only person who could honestly say they care about watching two washed up guys fight for a fourth time. The only people that card appeals to are the fanboys who pop their top to anything specifically UFC.

I didn't say it was the best fight ever...just interesting because it would most likely be the end of the road to whomever gets beat.

Sorry for finding that compelling. It seems that you just want to assume that I am brainwashed because I watch UFC.

Give me some good fights that are on the horizon that are not UFC fights?

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 10:57:38 PM »
What should i watch instead of UFC? I am open to suggestions.

Desperate Housewives of Sex And the City

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 12:36:29 AM »
I know you were not joking I was talking about Bulldog...

Hey AB how you doing brother? I hope all is well down there. how are the business things going? Hope you and the fam have a great Thanksgiving, were trying to go back to Vegas just not looking forward to a drive... Chuck and Randy would be cool again along with page for the third time.

Been competing with a pajama again.  Jacked up my right knee in the last tourney.  Will compete again in March.  I am officially in the director class!  Yeah!, no more young studs to wear out from cross side before attacking. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 06:05:55 AM »
I didn't say it was the best fight ever...just interesting because it would most likely be the end of the road to whomever gets beat.

Sorry for finding that compelling. It seems that you just want to assume that I am brainwashed because I watch UFC.

Give me some good fights that are on the horizon that are not UFC fights?

It is the end of the road 4 both already.the only one's that don't know that already are chuck,randy,and you.
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 06:24:32 AM »
It is the end of the road 4 both already.the only one's that don't know that already are chuck,randy,and you.

You are right...I guess they shouldn't fight.

That next affliction card is looking good though. Looks almost like a Pride card from 2005. They were good then, they must be good now.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 06:38:05 AM »

Agreed I wouldn't be buying this card if this was the main event.. Simply because who ever wins it doesn't mean shit. Chuck has no chance at being a contender at HW. He would  be owned by Nog, Mir, and Brock! However is this is just a fight on a card with a good main event, fuck I am all down for watching this shit! Any other way I will catch it on the net!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 06:58:07 AM »

Agreed I wouldn't be buying this card if this was the main event.. Simply because who ever wins it doesn't mean shit. Chuck has no chance at being a contender at HW. He would  be owned by Nog, Mir, and Brock! However is this is just a fight on a card with a good main event, fuck I am all down for watching this shit! Any other way I will catch it on the net!

Well said...not every fight is going to be the best match-up ever. I like entertaining MMA fights period. They can be entertaining due to skill, style, or even just the story behind the two fighters such as this one.