Author Topic: Trump = Winning  (Read 732854 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump = Winning
« Reply #975 on: May 24, 2018, 12:04:28 PM »
Not so much a "winning" moment but a good move on Trump's part, though I don't agree much with pardons. While Trump has already pardoned some scumbags, pardoning Jack Johnson is a good thing to do imho, even though it is only symbolic. Good for Stallone too. It's interesting that the pardon of Johnson was brought up before but only Trump decided to grant the pardon.

Trump posthumously pardons Jack Johnson, boxing's first black heavyweight champion

President Trump on Thursday granted a posthumous pardon to Jack Johnson, boxing's first black heavyweight champion, after being urged to do so by “Rocky” star Sylvester Stallone.

Johnson, born in Galveston, Texas, was the target of racial resentment, particularly after he defeated white boxer James Jeffries in the 1910 “Fight of the Century,” a bout that sparked race riots.

Three years later, he was convicted by an all-white jury of violating the Mann Act, which made it illegal to transport a woman across state lines for “immoral” purposes.

In their efforts to prosecute Johnson, authorities first targeted Johnson's relationship with the woman in question, Lucille Cameron, who later became his wife, but she refused to cooperate.

But they found another white witness, Belle Schreiber, to testify against him. Johnson fled the country after his conviction, but he agreed years later to return and serve a 10-month jail sentence. He died in 1946.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., has been calling for a pardon for Johnson since 2004, and criticized President Barack Obama for leaving office in 2017 without having granted one. Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., had also called for a pardon.

“Johnson’s imprisonment forced him into the shadows of bigotry and prejudice, and continues to stand as a shameful stain on our nation’s history,” McCain said in a statement in January 2017.

Stallone, as well as Johnson’s great-great niece, had urged Trump to pardon him and in April Trump said that Stallone had called him about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/24/trump-posthumously-pardons-jack-johnson-boxings-first-black-heavyweight-champion.html

Once again doing what his predecessors didn’t have the stones to do.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #976 on: May 24, 2018, 12:09:19 PM »

You'd think that Obama being the first black President would have Johnson, someone who faced injustice because he was black, among the first on his list of pardons. He chose to pardon other people though.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #977 on: May 24, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »
You'd think that Obama being the first black President would have Johnson, someone who faced injustice because he was black, among the first on his list of pardons. He chose to pardon other people though.

Good point. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #978 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »

Yes, yes.  You'd think Obama being black would have a big Johnson, but he has no balls and probably has a little pee pee too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #979 on: May 24, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »
Bad News For Dems: Household Income Hits All-Time High Under Trump … And He's Getting Credit For It
5/22/2018
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/household-income-trump-economy-optimism/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #980 on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
Bad News For Dems: Household Income Hits All-Time High Under Trump … And He's Getting Credit For It
5/22/2018
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/household-income-trump-economy-optimism/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #981 on: May 24, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #982 on: May 24, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »
5/22/2018

Over the many years I bargained employee contracts, 3% was the standard CPI. Across the board wage increases are often based on CPI.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #983 on: May 24, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »
Over the many years I bargained employee contracts, 3% was the standard CPI. Across the board wage increases are often based on CPI.

Are you trying to inject bad news into a good news thread again?  Going to be a long six years for you folks.  lol   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #984 on: May 24, 2018, 10:27:32 PM »
Poll: Two-Thirds of Americans Give Trump Credit for Economy
20 May 2018

Sixty-eight percent of adults and of swing-voting independents give credit to President Donald Trump’s policies for the good economy, according to a new CBS poll.

. . .

http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/05/20/poll-two-thirds-give-trump-credit-for-economy/

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #985 on: May 25, 2018, 07:24:23 AM »
good man
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #986 on: May 25, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »
 ;)
a

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #987 on: May 25, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »

Not sure why, but under Obama I can remember paying $1.59 for a gallon of gasoline and making 20% on my 401K in 2 different years.  This year so far?
$3.19 gas and 2.74% on my 401K.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #988 on: May 25, 2018, 05:04:35 PM »
;)

Winning.   That’s awesome.  So much dead wood and waste

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #989 on: May 25, 2018, 05:11:12 PM »
;)

Hopefully, 'just cause' is still a part of the dismissal criteria. Not that Trump would care.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: May 25, 2018, 05:12:47 PM »
Not sure why, but under Obama I can remember paying $1.59 for a gallon of gasoline and making 20% on my 401K in 2 different years.  This year so far?
$3.19 gas and 2.74% on my 401K.

Me too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #991 on: May 25, 2018, 05:13:45 PM »
Me too.

Lol.  Obviously you don’t remember when it was almost 5 dollars at times either

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #992 on: May 25, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
Lol.  Obviously you don’t remember when it was almost 5 dollars at times either

Remember that clip where liberals blamed high gas prices on Bush, then said high gas prices were a good thing under Obama? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #993 on: May 25, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
Lol.  Obviously you don’t remember when it was almost 5 dollars at times either

Does one memory preclude the other? Gas prices are notorious for fluctuating wildly. During Obama's tenure, the national average for a gallon of regular gas has been as high as almost $4 (not $5) in 2011 and as low as $1.85 a gallon the month he took office.

When I first started driving at 15, gas was .25 a gallon. This was about the same cost as a pack of Camels.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #994 on: May 26, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »
 8)
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #995 on: May 26, 2018, 04:01:29 PM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #996 on: May 27, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #997 on: May 27, 2018, 07:13:00 PM »

My direct ancestors fought for freedom from British rule (taxes) in the Revolutionary War. Trump's direct ancestors still lived in a foreign country until two generations ago. In 1885, Donald Trump's grandfather, Friedrich Trump, emigrated from Kallstadt, Palatinate (then part of the Kingdom of Bavaria), to the United States at age 16.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #998 on: May 27, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »
My direct ancestors fought for freedom from British rule (taxes) in the Revolutionary War. Trump's direct ancestors still lived in a foreign country until two generations ago. In 1885, Donald Trump's grandfather, Friedrich Trump, emigrated from Kallstadt, Palatinate (then part of the Kingdom of Bavaria), to the United States at age 16.

Do you even know who he was speaking to when he said that? Jesus...
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: May 27, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »
Do you even know who he was speaking to when he said that? Jesus...

Yes I do. I also know what he's speaking about. “In recent years, and even decades, too many people have forgotten that truth. They've forgotten that our ancestors trounced an empire, tamed a continent, and triumphed over the worst evils in history." "Our Nation was founded by farmers," he wrote. "Our independence was won by farmers. And our continent was tamed by farmers. Our farmers always lead the way -- we are PROUD of them, and we are DELIVERING for them!"

What's your point?