Author Topic: "Insurrection"  (Read 27195 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: "Insurrection"
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2021, 12:53:31 PM »
So a guy had a helmet, one had a gun that was never drawn and was only discovered after he was arrested, and one had a knife that was never used and discovered after he was arrested.  I stopped evaluating after that, because it's a waste of my time. 

Are those "weapons"?  Yes.  Were they used as part of an insurrection to overthrow the United States government and its military?  No.

Did those with guns and knives in their possession while on federal property break the law? Yes.

It is your opinion that weapons were not used as part of the insurrection. The courts will determine  this. It is their legal opinion that counts. Not your personal opinion.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2021, 01:08:41 PM »
Seriously?  There were no weapons used as part of this riot.  That's a fact.  No one came in and brandished a gun or knife.  No, pepper spray wasn't used as a weapon to try and overthrow the United States government and our military. 

One person is on video making a dumb comment about installing a government, but you don't think that person was actually involved in an insurrection.

I don't know why you would die on this hill, but this is some crazy stuff.  One these days when your grandkids are old, and you're an old man, you're going to tell them the story about the January 6 "insurrection."  Only it will be a comedy.   :)

Yet, people are getting charged with unlawful possession, entry into a restricted building with a deadly or dangerous weapon and you have been saying "NO WEAPONS!!!"

And apologists like yourself are doing everything they can to minimize what was attempted on January 6th.

Shameful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2021, 01:22:22 PM »
Did those with guns and knives in their possession while on federal property break the law? Yes.

It is your opinion that weapons were not used as part of the insurrection. The courts will determine  this. It is their legal opinion that counts. Not your personal opinion.

It's not my opinion.  It's the statement of fact from the FBI assistant director for counterterrorism's testimony under oath before Congress. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »
Yet, people are getting charged with unlawful possession, entry into a restricted building with a deadly or dangerous weapon and you have been saying "NO WEAPONS!!!"

And apologists like yourself are doing everything they can to minimize what was attempted on January 6th.

Shameful.

Apparently Tucker Carlson suggested during last Tuesday night's broadcast that the Capitol insurrection was a 'false flag' operation carried out by members of the FBI.  ::) ::) ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »

Shameful.

None of those charges involved people using weapons to overthrow the government and United States military.  So I'm rolling with the FBI assistant director for counterterrorism's testimony under oath before Congress.

You sound confused.  What exactly am I apologizing for? 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2021, 01:33:04 PM »
Apparently Tucker Carlson suggested during last Tuesday night's broadcast that the Capitol insurrection was a 'false flag' operation carried out by members of the FBI.  ::) ::) ::)

Might be fake news, like CNN, MSNBC, etc. Cant believe any of em... Especially since MSM is 99% Libturd run media.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2021, 01:36:59 PM »
Might be fake news, like CNN, MSNBC, etc. Cant believe any of em... Especially since MSM is 99% Libturd run media.

Seems like that would be easy enough to check. The broadcast was Tuesday night June 15, 2021

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6259091865001#sp=show-clips

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2021, 02:18:21 PM »
Let’s can this right now....not one of the 500 arrested has been charged with an “insurrection” and Trump was vindicated after a fake, unconstitutional Impeachment. Just like he was vindicated after being accused of using the military to clear Lafayette Park.

Sorry your feelings were hurt by his mean tweets and you can’t let it go

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2021, 02:34:10 PM »
None of those charges involved people using weapons to overthrow the government and United States military.  So I'm rolling with the FBI assistant director for counterterrorism's testimony under oath before Congress.

You sound confused.  What exactly am I apologizing for?

I think you are the one confused. 

First, you claim there were no weapons.  It was shown conclusively there was.

Second, you seem to connect the act of insurrection with overthrowing the military which doesn't fall into the definition of insurrection.  And...Considering the percentage of Trump supporters in the military they would have surely fallen for the "the election was invalid" BS.

Third, you don't know the definition of the word apologist.   To save you time, here it is:

a·pol·o·gist
/əˈpäləjəst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.
"critics said he was an apologist for colonialism"   

Hope this clears it up for you.   ;)

And when my grandkids are old enough, I will tell them about the attempted insurrection by a bunch of mentally challenged Trumptards (truly special people) who thought they could go storm the capitol, armed with bats and knives and a buffalo helmet, disrupt our democratic processes, install a new government, etc.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2021, 02:40:46 PM »
It's not my opinion.  It's the statement of fact from the FBI assistant director for counterterrorism's testimony under oath before Congress.

and that statement misses a lot of context
I'd like to know how many people the FBI actually searched on January 6th (my guess would be very few or none)

The claim that the FBI’s assistant director over the counterterrorism division told a Senate committee that the bureau did not recover any guns at the Jan. 6 Capitol riot is MISSING CONTEXT. While Jill Sanborn did say the FBI had recovered no firearms at the riot, outlets quoting her have removed the first part of her quote when she notes that she cannot speak for other law enforcement agencies that were present at the riot. The U.S. Department of Justice has levied gun charges against two men law enforcement officials say were at the Capitol riot and a third who arrived too late.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/03/04/fact-check-fbi-says-bureau-didnt-recover-guns-capitol-riot/4578286001/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2021, 02:45:14 PM »
Let’s can this right now....not one of the 500 arrested has been charged with an “insurrection” and Trump was vindicated after a fake, unconstitutional Impeachment. Just like he was vindicated after being accused of using the military to clear Lafayette Park.

Sorry your feelings were hurt by his mean tweets and you can’t let it go

Still hurt feelings?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
Anyone claiming there was no weapons is an idiot.  Or just trying to ignore the knives, bats, spears, bombs, axe handles, chemical sprays, hatchets, etc... that was brought to the scene.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2021, 03:08:50 PM »
I think you are the one confused. 

First, you claim there were no weapons.  It was shown conclusively there was.

Second, you seem to connect the act of insurrection with overthrowing the military which doesn't fall into the definition of insurrection.  And...Considering the percentage of Trump supporters in the military they would have surely fallen for the "the election was invalid" BS.

Third, you don't know the definition of the word apologist.   To save you time, here it is:

a·pol·o·gist
/əˈpäləjəst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.
"critics said he was an apologist for colonialism"   

Hope this clears it up for you.   ;)

And when my grandkids are old enough, I will tell them about the attempted insurrection by a bunch of mentally challenged Trumptards (truly special people) who thought they could go storm the capitol, armed with bats and knives and a buffalo helmet, disrupt our democratic processes, install a new government, etc.

Just so we are dealing with facts here:

1.  Hundreds of people have been charged.  No one has been charged with insurrection.  And don't give me that "they are still investigating" crap. 

2.  No one used a weapon to try and overthrow the government and our military.  I could care less if someone was arrested with a gun, a helmet, knife, etc. that was not used in the commission of any alleged insurrection. 

3.  You cannot identify a single person who engaged in an insurrection (which is particularly hard when no one has been charged with insurrection).  When I asked about specific persons, you gave me link to a video with a faceless person saying they should set up a government while they are there.  I then asked you:   "So you think this unidentified person was actually trying to overthrow the United States government and its military?"  You responded:  "nope." 

4.  You are definitely confused.  You are telling me that I'm an apologist for people YOU believe engaged in an insurrection.  (I literally laugh every time I type that word.)  I'm saying anyone who broke the law should be prosecuted.  I'm also saying none of those involved on 6 January were trying to overthrow and run the United States and our military.  It's an absolutely ridiculous contention.   

5.  When you tell your grandkids about the attempted insurrection (lol), ensure you are wearing your tinfoil hat.   :)   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2021, 03:28:34 PM »
Just so we are dealing with facts here:

1.  Hundreds of people have been charged.  No one has been charged with insurrection.  And don't give me that "they are still investigating" crap. 

2.  No one used a weapon to try and overthrow the government and our military.  I could care less if someone was arrested with a gun, a helmet, knife, etc. that was not used in the commission of any alleged insurrection. 

3.  You cannot identify a single person who engaged in an insurrection (which is particularly hard when no one has been charged with insurrection).  When I asked about specific persons, you gave me link to a video with a faceless person saying they should set up a government while they are there.  I then asked you:   "So you think this unidentified person was actually trying to overthrow the United States government and its military?"  You responded:  "nope." 

4.  You are definitely confused.  You are telling me that I'm an apologist for people YOU believe engaged in an insurrection.  (I literally laugh every time I type that word.)  I'm saying anyone who broke the law should be prosecuted.  I'm also say none of those involved on 6 January were trying to overthrow and run the United States and our military.  It's an absolutely ridiculous contention.   

5.  When you tell your grandkids about the attempted insurrection (lol), ensure you are wearing your tinfoil hat.   :)   

1. Plenty of "weapons" were used on that day.  We can see it with our own eyes.  Also pipe bombs were placed near the RNC and DNC (last time I checked bombs were considered to be weapons)

2. Some of the Traitors who were there that day are on the record saying they were there to participate in an insurrection (see my prior posts)

3.  They created a gallows and were chanting Hang Mike Pence.  I'm going to take them at their word that they wanted to execute the Vice President. Why ?- because Trump repeatedly told his fellow TRAITORS that Pence could have stopped the counting of the electoral votes (which was a lie) and he even tweeted  his displeasure with Pence after the mob had started attacking The Capitol

4.  They attacked the Capitol on that specific day an an attempt to stop the counting of electoral votes in the hope that they could help THE TRAITOR over throw our democratic process.

5.  No one will have to tell their grandchildren anything.  They can just show them the videos

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »
When the Capitol was stormed by a mob on January 6, 2021 was it a riot, an insurrection, a siege, a violent assault, sedition, domestic terrorism or a coup attempt? The definition of that event depends on who is talking about it. The left leaning media most often refers to it as an insurrection or an attempted insurrection. The right leaning media, Tucker Carlson for example calls it the Capitol riot. Sometimes, FOX News uses the terms Capitol protest.

Sen. Ron Johnson calls it a 'peaceful protest'. Marjorie Taylor Geene goes a step further when she say in regards to the "insurrection" that "Democrats must be held accountable for the political violence inspired by their rhetoric." She insists capitol rioters weren't Trump supporters.

In May, Mitt Romney said it was 'an insurrection against the Constitution'.

The Justice department uses the term 'Capitol Attack' when referring to the event at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

What do you call what happened at the Capitol that day?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »
Just like virtually everyone else this guy was not searched or arrested on January 6th

He was turned in by his family (who he threatened to kill if they turned him in)

January 6 rioter charged with bringing gun to Capitol grounds, undercutting GOP claims that the pro-Trump mob was unarmed

The Justice Department on Thursday charged a US Capitol rioter with bringing a handgun onto Capitol grounds -- two days after a hearing where Republican lawmakers downplayed the deadly attack and claimed the pro-Trump rioters were unarmed.

The new charge was filed against Guy Reffitt, a Texan whose case received national attention after his own family members told the FBI that he threatened to kill them if they turned him in.  Prosecutors said in the new indictment that Reffitt carried a "deadly and dangerous weapon," specifically a "semi-automatic handgun," while he was unlawfully on Capitol grounds. He isn't accused of entering the building itself. But it's still against the law to breach the perimeter of the Capitol complex and storm past fences and barricades, which Reffitt was photographed doing.

This undermines Republican efforts to whitewash the January 6 insurrection. GOP lawmakers have pushed false-flag theories that the FBI, antifa or Black Lives Matter were behind the attack. They also claimed the mob was "unarmed," even though rioters are accused of bringing guns and knives to the Capitol and using bear spray, flagpoles and baseball bats to attack police.

Reffitt is charged with five crimes, including felony obstruction of Congress. He hasn't entered a plea to the new indictment, but he previously pleaded not guilty to some of the same charges.  According to court documents from earlier in the case, Reffitt allegedly told his son and other family members that he "brought his gun with him" when he was storming the Capitol area.
]

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/politics/capitol-riot-guns-armed-insurrection/index.html

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2021, 05:12:27 PM »
A nice feller he isnt..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2021, 05:13:31 PM »
When the Capitol was stormed by a mob on January 6, 2021 was it a riot, an insurrection, a siege, a violent assault, sedition, domestic terrorism or a coup attempt? The definition of that event depends on who is talking about it. The left leaning media most often refers to it as an insurrection or an attempted insurrection. The right leaning media, Tucker Carlson for example calls it the Capitol riot. Sometimes, FOX News uses the terms Capitol protest.

Sen. Ron Johnson calls it a 'peaceful protest'. Marjorie Taylor Geene goes a step further when she say in regards to the "insurrection" that "Democrats must be held accountable for the political violence inspired by their rhetoric." She insists capitol rioters weren't Trump supporters.

In May, Mitt Romney said it was 'an insurrection against the Constitution'.

The Justice department uses the term 'Capitol Attack' when referring to the event at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

What do you call what happened at the Capitol that day?

Not an insurrection.  It's an asinine political talking point.

If it needs label:  protest, riot, trespass, a bunch of idiots, some of whom broke the law.  None of whom were there to overthrow the government and its military and run the country.   

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2021, 05:15:54 PM »
Anyone claiming there was no weapons is an idiot.  Or just trying to ignore the knives, bats, spears, bombs, axe handles, chemical sprays, hatchets, etc... that was brought to the scene.

Hey BoB2,

Italians,Japs,Brits,Canadians,French & Germans really love all those billions of American taxpayers dollars  :D ;D

Senile Joe was 'great' @ G7 Summit  :-*

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2021, 05:52:10 PM »

Hey BoB2,

Italians,Japs,Brits,Canadians,French & Germans really love all those billions of American taxpayers dollars  :D ;D

Senile Joe was 'great' @ G7 Summit  :-*

Hey Tetonic Knight 2,

Nobody gives a fuck what you think.

Sincerely,
Reality.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2021, 05:55:14 PM »

If it needs label:  protest, riot, trespass, a bunch of idiots, some of whom broke the law.  None of whom were there to overthrow the government and its military and run the country.

Fair enough

What is your best definition for an attack on our Capitol with the intent to assassinate the Vice President and The Speaker of the House and to prevent the counting of electoral votes and peaceful transfer of power?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2021, 06:07:52 PM »
Hey Tetonic Knight 2,

Nobody gives a fuck what you think.

Sincerely,
Reality.

O, dear  ::) Robertino is upset (again)  :'( :'( :'(

Tetonic  ::)  ???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2021, 06:15:24 PM »

In your opinion, were they (at least some of them) there to stop Congress from certifying and thereby confirming Joe Biden's Presidential win? Why did some folks erect a noose and chant hang Mike Pence? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »
Where am I saying the entire crowd should be charge with insurrection?

Did I say you said that ???

Has any law enforcement involved in this investigation called it an "insurrection"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2021, 06:23:55 PM »
In your opinion, were they (at least some of them) there to stop Congress from certifying and thereby confirming Joe Biden's Presidential win? Why did some folks erect a noose and chant hang Mike Pence?

I'm sure some of them were trying to stop the certification.  I don't view them much differently than the idiots who tried to get through Senate doors to stop Supreme Court confirmation votes.  If they trespassed that is definitely a crime.  But remember we're talking about a purported attempt to take control of and run the United States and its military.  And the story I posted at the start of this thread said some of them were let in by the building. 

I have no idea why some lunatics chanted they wanted to hang Mike Pence.