Author Topic: Utah ivermectin poisoning case highlights growing problem  (Read 1762 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Re: Utah ivermectin poisoning case highlights growing problem
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2021, 03:20:58 PM »
In your opinion, how would a legitimate conversation and study around Ivermectin sound and look like? Who are the legitimate doctors and why...credentials? Do you have provable information about Ivermectin as a benefit to treat or prevent COVID which disputes the current conversation? If not, then just share you opinion and how you came to the conclusions you did.

It is for sure that I don't personally know a heck of a lot about Ivermectin except that it is a de-wormer and when topically applied kills parasites (lice), and works as an antibiotic which helps treat the effects of rosacea in humans. COVID is not a worm, a bug or a bacterial infection. It is a virus.

Some COVID patients develop bacterial infections which are more deadly than a bacterial infection from the common flu. This being the case, once a bacterial infection sets in, Ivermectin treatment might be beneficial. However, it is not approved by the FDA to treat COVID at this time. Perhaps because side effects and the correct safe yet effective dosage is still unknown. In other words, uses beyond what Ivermectin is currently approved for in humans is purely experimental. I guess if you are going to die anyway, it might be worth giving it a try.

Studies and conversations are underway, and have been for some time.  There's little money to be made from an off-patent drug that can negate the need for highly rushed and promoted vaccines.  Remdesivir was created to treat hepatitis but is used off-label for C-19 - but it is expensive and has to be administered to an admitted patient.

This is a fairly lengthy article that I encourage you to read:

https://www.theohiopressnetwork.com/news/ohio/ivermectin-the-rest-of-the-story/article_a0cc3758-1a69-11ec-ba8f-334ce5fb6a80.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »
Studies and conversations are underway, and have been for some time.  There's little money to be made from an off-patent drug that can negate the need for highly rushed and promoted vaccines.  Remdesivir was created to treat hepatitis but is used off-label for C-19 - but it is expensive and has to be administered to an admitted patient.

https://www.theohiopressnetwork.com/news/ohio/ivermectin-the-rest-of-the-story/article_a0cc3758-1a69-11ec-ba8f-334ce5fb6a80.html

.06 per dose.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2021, 03:40:45 PM »
wife and I took it and we weren’t poisoned

how come both of you had worms at the same time?
c

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2021, 04:06:14 PM »
how come both of you had worms at the same time?

You probably don't want to know the answer to that question.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2021, 04:18:22 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2021, 04:33:59 PM »
I suspect the only thing you care about is your own self righteousness

wrong

but if you think I don't give a rats ass about you then you'd be correct

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2021, 05:04:25 PM »

Interesting article. I'm investigating some of the resources and claims in the article and will update you as I learn more.

So far here are a couple of things that stood out. First, when was OPN founded? There doesn't seem to be any links to background information other than to it's own sites including the Facebook page. Secondly  since a good portion of the article is about the Jeffrey Smith case, I was curious as to how he's doing today. The last informative update on his recovery in the article was September 10, 2021 even though the article is dated September 20th. A little research led me to NPR, where in an article they updated Jeffrey Smith's condition as of September 18th. He was still on a ventilator in ICU. At the conclusion of the OPN article Smith's condition was reported as "up and down" and his wife was looking into moving him to another hospital. My conclusion is that there is no reliable evidence that Ivermectin has had a positive effect on Smith's health or recovery. Cannot the folks at OPN find a COVID patient that demonstrates Ivermectin actually works?

According to the article, Merrick the developer of Ivermectin stated that they believe it is ineffective in treating COVID-19. It goes on to say Merrick has developed a new oral anti-viral COVID treatment called Molnupiravir. The insinuation being that because Merrick's patent for Ivermectin has run out making it worthless in term of profits to them, they've developed a new profitable product. It is worth repeating that Ivermectin is a de-wormer, not anti-viral, Molnupiravir is an antiviral and COVID is a virus. Logically when you have a headache, you are more apt to take an Aspirin than shove a Preparation H suppository up your butt.