Author Topic: full developed chest  (Read 19466 times)

dfresh

• Getbig III
Re: full developed chest
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
old school movement have to be careful bench to neck/collarbone on smith machine.

Yea been doing these a lot lately. I do them on the incline tho

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »
Yea been doing these a lot lately. I do them on the incline tho
should have specified its a flat bench movement .

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 12:11:18 PM »
should have specified its a flat bench movement .

right aka guillotine press. i do them on the incline with a smith as well, great stretch across the chest.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
right aka guillotine press. i do them on the incline with a smith as well, great stretch across the chest.
yeah,,,

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2012, 09:25:01 AM »
chest doesnt really seem to be growing...ahh this is ridiculous! :-[

my routine has been incline smith, incline db, then either cables, flyes, or one of those supersetted with decline push ups. 12ish sets and 6-12 reps

it seems like no matter what i do i just cant make progress in this area....frustrating as hell. hopefully tren will help lol

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »

my routine has been incline smith, incline db, then either cables, flyes, or one of those supersetted with decline push ups. 12ish sets and 6-12 reps

it seems like no matter what i do i just cant make progress in this area....frustrating as hell. hopefully tren will help lol

dude... your original post on the subject was like 2 weeks ago... it takes years to build muscle... you're just another junky now... your chest will never be big enough...

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »

dude... your original post on the subject was like 2 weeks ago... it takes years to build muscle... you're just another junky now... your chest will never be big enough...

i know but seems like it hasnt grown in a long long time :-\

guess its because hormones havent been in the equation up until recently :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 11:51:57 AM »
i know but seems like it hasnt grown in a long long time :-\

guess its because hormones havent been in the equation up until recently :D

you need to think healthy... who gives a shit how big your chest is?  why not just train, be healthy, be happy and let the chips fall where they may?   not trying to sound evangelical; i don't care if people do gear... i just think it's a silly way to spend your life

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »

you need to think healthy... who gives a shit how big your chest is?  why not just train, be healthy, be happy and let the chips fall where they may?   not trying to sound evangelical; i don't care if people do gear... i just think it's a silly way to spend your life

just one of those "never satisfied with" types of things ya know. i feel it has gotten slightly better in the past 6 months or so, but just doesnt seem to fill out. eh what ya gonna do..alls i can do is keep plugging away i guess

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

Alternate the Incline Smiths and Dumbbell Inclines from week to week.........doing them both in one session is redundant.

Cable Flyes = junk movement if you have poor pecs,and pushups are a no no.......use weights.

Try this:

Pre-Exhaust Super-Set:
Dumbell Flyes-4 x 12,10,8,15 (add weight drop reps as you go,then on the last one lower weight and do 15 reps)
Wide Grip Bench Press:
4 x 10-12

Do these with no rest between the two exercises,then rest 60 seconds and repeat,rest again,repeat.......only 60 seconds between Super-Sets,fuck the big poundages work your pecs.

Smith Inclines:
4 X 12,10,8,12

On the Smith Inclines,do one full rep,followed by one half rep from the top,this will equal one rep...........use a weight that will allow this even if it`s 100 pounds.

Your pecs will grow from this trust me.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
as usual, wes has good advice...

but give it 6 months to work!!!!!

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
Alternayte the Incline Smiths and Dumbell Inclines from week to week.........doing them both in one session is redundant.

Cable flyes = junk movement if you have no pecs,and pushups are a no no.......use weights.

Try this:

Pre-Exhaust Super-Set:
Dumbell Flyes-4 x 12,10,8,15 (add weight drop reps as you go,then on the last one lower weight and do 15 reps)
Wide Grip Bench Press:
4 x 10-12

Do these with no rest between the two exercises,then rest 60 seconds and repeat,rest again,repeat.......only 60 seconds,fuck the big poundages work your pecs.

Smith Inclines:
4 X 12,10,8,12

On the Smith Inclines,do one full rep,followed by one half rep from the top,this will equal one rep...........use a weight that will allow this even if it`s 100 pounds.

Your pecs will grow from this trust me.

thanks wes..i'll give this a try for a while

now on the smith incline...i would do a rep then what do you mean a half rep from the top, from extended position lower half way down then back up? you lost me there lol

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »
you do a full rep, then bend your elbows again about 20 degrees and squeeze your chest again... pumps like a guy

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2012, 12:43:42 PM »
you do a full rep, then bend your elbows again about 20 degrees and squeeze your chest again... pumps like a ####
Exactly.......great way to increase time under tension.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »
oh so i only press it once, then lower half way...squeeze then lower all the way down?

ive heard of this but iirc you would do a half rep then lower it then do a full rep

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »
oh so i only press it once, then lower half way...squeeze then lower all the way down?

ive heard of this but iirc you would do a half rep then lower it then do a full rep

the bolded section is 1 rep... rest at the top... if i was counting during these i would do:
lift up (first press does not count)
lower full 2 sec, press 1 sec, half lower 1 sec, half press 1 sec, squeeze 1 sec

repeat...

again... pumps like a mother

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 01:03:46 PM »
lol ok so press all the way up, then lower half way, then press back up, then lower all the way down and that is your one full rep?!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 01:09:08 PM »
lol ok so press all the way up, then lower half way, then press back up, then lower all the way down and that is your one full rep?!

well it's wes' suggestion... but yes that is a full rep for this exercise

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »
you know what i meant ;D

gonna give this a try for say 6-8 weeks?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
you know what i meant ;D

gonna give this a try for say 6-8 weeks?

that is a good way to see a difference... take pictures and measurements before starting and then focus on those days... it's impossible to not make any progress if you are committed and working your chest to failure (or almost) once per week...

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
thanks for the insight man. gonna give it a go and hopefully make some progress!

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:49 PM »
and wes you think doing two incline pressing movements is a waste?

i've seen it suggested a lot, especially for bringing up a lagging chest...as usually the upper chest needs work on most people

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2012, 01:27:34 PM »
and wes you think doing two incline pressing movements is a waste?

i've seen it suggested a lot, especially for bringing up a lagging chest...as usually the upper chest needs work on most people
It`s redundant.........I know a guy who did front press,press behinf neck,dumbell press,machine press,all in one session.

These are all variations of the simple press exercise.

I love DB Inclines,one of my favorite exercises,but I would do them one week,then Smith the next week and so on...........just my opinion,but if you aren`t seeing results by doing them both in the same session,why stay with this scenario?

Get my point bro ?  ;)

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
lol i hear ya. so when people say focus on inclines, how does this hold true?

if you should only do one incline movement, how can one focus on upper chest?

obviously you can start out with inclines, but you have an interesting yet obvious point nonetheless  :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2012, 01:44:54 PM »
the movement he suggested provides focus on the upper chest due to the double pumps...