Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Natural Bodybuilding

Ask Baby_Hercules Q&A thread!

<< < (2/22) > >>

Herc:
150lbs is pretty big being shredded in a competition for 5'4 for a natural.  Do you attribute it to genetics, diet, training or what?  Also what kind of diet do you do in the offseason and about what is your bodyfat level when you arnt competing?  Very impressive for a natural.

Baby_Hercules:

--- Quote from: Herc on June 21, 2007, 11:34:12 PM ---150lbs is pretty big being shredded in a competition for 5'4 for a natural.  Do you attribute it to genetics, diet, training or what?  Also what kind of diet do you do in the offseason and about what is your bodyfat level when you arnt competing?  Very impressive for a natural.

--- End quote ---
I have been at it for a while. I started out competing as a 132 pound bantam. In the 12 years that I have been competing through hard work and very few layoffs, I have put on 20 pounds of muscle. I would say its a combination of genetics and years of training. I would say my bodytype is ecto-mesomorph.
  Offseason I pretty much eat whatever I want. I just make sure though to keep my protein intake to at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, my sugar intake moderate, and my saturated fats low. I don't get too fat in the offseason. My bodyfat has never gotten higher than 10%.

Baby_Hercules:
A question that I get asked quite often is what did I do to develop my triceps.
I would have to say that the exercises that I did for chest and shoulders laid the foundation for my triceps development. When I first started working out my workouts primarily consisted of bench presses, inclines, dips, push ups, and military presses. Since I only had free weights at home and no machines this is pretty much what I was limited to. When my dad started taking me to the gym to workout with him is when I started including triceps exercises like pressdowns, kickbacks, and other isolation movements in my workouts. Taking chest and shoulder exercises through their full range of motion not only stimulates the primary muscles, but also heavily stresses the triceps. Its common practice nowadays to not take these exercises through their entire range so as to emphasize the target muscle, but I don't totally agree with that. The human body was designed for each of its muscle groups to function as a unit, not as single muscles in isolation. So as a beginner thats how I believe you should train. Leave the partial reps for when you become more advanced.

njflex:
i've already complimented herc few times,has very good lines,and clean lol muscularture ,it's balanced and he looks bigger than he is,ur back is very seperated and has that jagged muscle look to it,i was suprised at your body part breakdown,and how many days per wk u train consecutive.you probably know your body well and the term "overtraining" isn't going to affect you.everbody's body is different,how many sets are u running on bigger body part's,and then smaller groups?

Baby_Hercules:

--- Quote from: njflex on June 26, 2007, 06:49:25 PM ---i've already complimented herc few times,has very good lines,and clean lol muscularture ,it's balanced and he looks bigger than he is,ur back is very seperated and has that jagged muscle look to it,i was suprised at your body part breakdown,and how many days per wk u train consecutive.you probably know your body well and the term "overtraining" isn't going to affect you.everbody's body is different,how many sets are u running on bigger body part's,and then smaller groups?

--- End quote ---
On large muscle groups like back, legs, and chest I'll do 4-5 sets of 4 exercises.
On smaller muscle groups like biceps, triceps, etc. I'll do 3-4 sets of 2-3 exercises.
As for my training split if I feel like I'm overtraining I'll go 3 days on 2 days off, or 4 days on 3 days off to include more rest time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version