Author Topic: 78 years old Ed Corney at the 2011 Olympia Weekend  (Read 20685 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
78 years old Ed Corney at the 2011 Olympia Weekend
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »
True legend and one of the best poser.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: 78 years old Ed Corney at the 2011 Olympia Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
I think someone already posted that vid yesterday...

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:51:24 AM »
I think someone already posted that vid yesterday...

sorry for repost.
but give the great legend more exposure ;)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
"Triceps kickbacks, 150s."  ::)

This dude would be lucky to pick up a 15-pounder from the rack.

No hate on the guy, but COME ON, Ed!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »

LMAO!  NO shit!  This guy suffered a fucking stroke and is confined to a fucking wheel chair with slurred speech and he still can't tell the truth.  Give it a fucking rest.  If it wasn't for the steroids and his late start in bodybuilding and the "lifestyle" the guy would probably be walking and talking right now.  Pathetic if you ask me.  The industry is filled with liars.  I mean my god think about it..........after all these years the guy still can't see modern bodybuilding for what it is.  Talk about lying to yourself or living a lie.  Geez!  Feel sorry for human beings like him.  I guess being living off the fumes of his few years of bodybuildng stardom is the only thing this guy has to identify with. 

And the fucking Charlatan Skip mr. natural Lacour!!!!!!!!! Haha!  The epitome of what bodybuilding is all about. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »
Still rocking a mean mustache.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 02:03:31 PM »

It's like the 2000 lb leg press claim from all the 150 lb twinks and 60+ year olds you see in every gym.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 02:09:40 PM »
LMAO!  NO shit!  This guy suffered a fucking stroke and is confined to a fucking wheel chair with slurred speech and he still can't tell the truth.  Give it a fucking rest.  If it wasn't for the steroids and his late start in bodybuilding and the "lifestyle" the guy would probably be walking and talking right now.  Pathetic if you ask me.  The industry is filled with liars.  I mean my god think about it..........after all these years the guy still can't see modern bodybuilding for what it is.  Talk about lying to yourself or living a lie.  Geez!  Feel sorry for human beings like him.  I guess being living off the fumes of his few years of bodybuildng stardom is the only thing this guy has to identify with.  

And the fucking Charlatan Skip mr. natural Lacour!!!!!!!!! Haha!  The epitome of what bodybuilding is all about.  

:D

This guy was struggling to do a set of, like, eight with 315 in the squat, what, 35 years ago, and now he's doing friggin' triceps kickbacks (great exercise  ::) ) with 150s?! Has there EVER been a man capable of doing even partially strict reps in this exercise with such a weight? I think it's safe to say no.

As you say, guy's in a wheelchair and all fucked up and he's STILL blowing hot air. Never met ol' Corney, but I am inclined to believe his last name suits him.

Also, kinda lame the old coot sitting there with everyone walking past ignoring him and he's got some fuckin' hats to sell (who'd buy a Ed Corney baseball hat?) and crummy old 8x10s no one wants.

P.S. Skip needs to tone it down. I was half expecting him to give him an under-the-table tug.  

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
LMAO!  NO shit!  This guy suffered a fucking stroke and is confined to a fucking wheel chair with slurred speech and he still can't tell the truth.  Give it a fucking rest.  If it wasn't for the steroids and his late start in bodybuilding and the "lifestyle" the guy would probably be walking and talking right now.  Pathetic if you ask me.  The industry is filled with liars.  I mean my god think about it..........after all these years the guy still can't see modern bodybuilding for what it is.  Talk about lying to yourself or living a lie.  Geez!  Feel sorry for human beings like him.  I guess being living off the fumes of his few years of bodybuildng stardom is the only thing this guy has to identify with. 

And the fucking Charlatan Skip mr. natural Lacour!!!!!!!!! Haha!  The epitome of what bodybuilding is all about. 

Good post : ). Most people in the fitness industri seem to be fucking liars...Lie till u Die! The tuth is, most of them are pencilneck shittholes without their injections.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »
Guy doesn't even have a tricep from the looks of it.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 02:12:44 PM »
Good post : ). Most people in the fitness industri seem to be fucking liars...Lie till u Die! The tuth is, most of them are pencilneck shittholes without their injections.

I don't expect these dumbshits to come out and verbalize every damn drug they have ever taken or are taking.  But come on...........atleast shed some light and honesty and give drugs their respect in the iron game.  I find that aspect of bodybuilding fascinating.  I don't have a problem with drugs or steroid use/abuse.  I have a huge problem with the lying.  It's insulting that these assholes think everyone that follows bodybuilding is some dumb teenager who spoonfeeds their bullshit.  

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »
Guy doesn't even have a tricep from the looks of it.

I think it fell off backstage at his last contest.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »
150lbs tricep kickbacks seemed to be a joke from Corney.  He's paying tribute to every exaggeration that has ever been spoken. 

Who's making fun of 315lbs pound squats?  Maybe someone who loads 405 on the bar and makes little shallow squats then loads 1000lbs pounds on the leg press for slight little knee bends. I bet Corney did 5 sets of 8 with little rest with 315lbs. 

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »
Lotta hating going on here. 178 year old man doing tri's with more weight than you twinks deadlift.

Brought to you by the ulta-honest Skip Lacour

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
150lbs tricep kickbacks seemed to be a joke from Corney.  He's paying tribute to every exaggeration that has ever been spoken. 

Who's making fun of 315lbs pound squats?  Maybe someone who loads 405 on the bar and makes little shallow squats then loads 1000lbs pounds on the leg press for slight little knee bends. I bet Corney did 5 sets of 8 with little rest with 315lbs. 

I don't think he was making a joke, actually.

I wasn't making fun of his 315-pound squats. What I was doing is stating the man in Pumping Iron was squatting a moderate weight 35 years ago ... and now he's claiming some otherworldly poundage on an isolation exercise. Ridiculous.

I have done 315x10x10, drug-free. I can hit 10 reps with 500 pounds. Drug-free. Oh, and my technique is quite close to pure Olympic style. Ass to ankle. And don't suggest I am bullshitting. I compete as a raw powerlifter in the USAPL and its affiliates. Have a meet in one month. 

However, as I say, I am not trashing on anyone who can hit several solid reps with three plates. Not at all.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »
Still rocking a mean mustache.
:D He was a class act back in the day whether he is lying now or not.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
I don't think he was making a joke, actually.

I wasn't making fun of his 315-pound squats. What I was doing is stating the man in Pumping Iron was squatting a moderate weight 35 years ago ... and now he's claiming some otherworldly poundage on an isolation exercise. Ridiculous.

I have done 315x10x10, drug-free. I can hit 10 reps with 500 pounds. Drug-free. Oh, and my technique is quite close to pure Olympic style. Ass to ankle. And don't suggest I am bullshitting. I compete as a raw powerlifter in the USAPL and its affiliates. Have a meet in one month. 

However, as I say, I am not trashing on anyone who can hit several solid reps with three plates. Not at all.

Epic bragging! ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
Thanks, man.  :)
Do you do strongman also?

Post up your meet results on the Powerlifting/Strongman board.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
Do you do strongman also?

Post up your meet results on the Powerlifting/Strongman board.

Never have competed in strongman, no.

Yeah, I definitely will. It's on October 22nd. Post some video, too, if you want.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »
I can hit 10 reps with 500 pounds. Drug-free. Oh, and my technique is quite close to pure Olympic style. Ass to ankle. And don't suggest I am bullshitting. I compete as a raw powerlifter in the USAPL and its affiliates. Have a meet in one month.  

::) I dont flame people and Im not calling bullshit, but bullshit

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »
::) I dont flame people and Im not calling bullshit, but bullshit

Dude, I posted a video last month of me squatting, raw, an easy five reps with 500 pounds (paused on the last repetition). I stopped at five because ... I hit the required number of reps set out in my pre-meet routine for that day. This coming Thursday my numbers are two of two with 585 (then two of two @ 610 ... and then the meet a little over a week later). Plus I was working a slightly wider stance to rails set to higher than I am used to. Wanted to get my hips more into, seeing as how, as a former bodybuilder (and Olympic squatter), my thighs are stronger and I want to balance them out with my hips a little more.

Regardless, I have my meet in one month less two days. October 22nd. I'll post vids after the competiton.

I have been weight training for 26 years, man. Squatting religiously for the same amount of time.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »
nobody can do 150 lb tricep kickbacks

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 11:12:51 PM »
I knew and spoke to Ed few times and he is one down to earth guy with such great personality and a true ambassador to bodybuilding and such inspiration not just form his age he actually loved and lived bodybuilding and I can say he is bodybuilding !

just his posing alone makes him one of the greatest.

it's funny how some here jumps all over his comments and makeing it like he is no one ! when IMHO they will never look or be like him in a million year and just trying to find any thing to brag about !

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »

I guarantee you he is NO LONGER confined to a wheelchair. He gets out of his black Corvette every day at Golds in Modesto, Ca. and walks, talks and trains almost as if nothing has happened.