Author Topic: melvins trailer park channel  (Read 4148 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: melvins trailer park channel
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2021, 06:52:30 AM »
Vincenzo is dumber (and more useless) than a box of Beanie Babies.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2021, 06:59:23 AM »
video made some good points but "stealth wealth" is pushing it, nobody classes someone with 80k in the bank and some empty land in texas as wealthy.Being able to get a mortgage for a 250k home is just seen as barely breaking normal.

Perhaps by US standards, but across the world, how many people have 80k in their bank account?

Even in the US, most are probably living pay-cheque to pay-cheque.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2021, 07:04:01 AM »
Perhaps by US standards, but across the world, how many people have 80k in their bank account?

But they usually have it as equity in a home, or in stocks or other appreciating assets. keeping the money in the bank where it loses to inflation year upon year is the worst thing you can do.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2021, 07:09:22 AM »
I also live alone most of the time and you don't need a lot of space but it's nice having a view

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »

They are.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2021, 11:39:15 AM »
You dumb fuck I lived in Park Slope Brooklyn as a kid and my mother worked in Manhattan. I lived and worked for years in Manhattan as an adult. I started with a studio on 88th street then got a one bedroom on 72st. Every professional job in Manhattan pays 6 figures. You are absolutely going to make more money in Finance in NYC than anywhere else. They know the cost of living is higher and the incomes are as well that is how cities work. People in NYC make multiple times more money than people in small towns in NC and SC

What Bhank said is factual having grown up near NYC. The salaries there prior to covid are off the charts high but so are the cost of housing. Many people work in Manhattan then return to the rich North Jersey suburbs.  Yes, small apartments in Manhattan go for a ton of money.  Pick a prefession in just about any area in Nebraska and compare it to their counter part in Manhattan.  The pay difference is drastic.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2021, 11:56:22 AM »
I care not about a man's personal living situation, what I care about is his effect on the greater population at large. Is Melvin a burden on society by depending on government handouts (welfare etc)? No. Does he commit crimes in order to make ends meet? No. He might not live the life many here desire or envy, but he does live life and on his terms.

I believe Melvin strives for financial independence and employs methods that likely result in him not having to work as much as the next man. If he has a formula that works for "him" which allows him to invest more of his time enjoying his life, then good for him I say. Notice how many times I used "his" & "him", because ultimately what matters is his own happiness, not whether we interpret his accommodations as happiness inducing.

His living accommodations might not necessarily work for me, but I have also been both spoiled and brainwashed by living in NYC, where "more" is "better". Undoubtedly, I can see the fault in my thought process. The older I get, the more I realize that time is truly the most scarce asset we have. If we spend a lifetime trying to amass riches, only to appreciate life in small bursts, we've failed at living and instead succeeding at a form of slavery. We've become a civilization obsessed with the idea of attaining money by any means.  We envy others who hold more money and have shinier looking homes and vehicles. None of it matters. What we take with us over our lifetimes are the memories of time we've shared with those we love and care for the most (could be family, friends or even single-serve friends).

Remember, the richest man in the room is not the man with the most money, but instead the man with the most time.  He is the man able to do whatever he wants with his life, versus trading hours of his life for currency.

I'm not saying it isn't nice to own a nice home or a fancy car, but once you ALL have that, you will notice the novelty of those things wears off VERY quickly. You guys ever remember your first time with a woman? I bet that memory echoes over time throughout your hippocampus. Now, can you tell me what you spent 3 days ago while at the convenience store? Not really.

Chase memories and experiences with people, less so riches.

"1"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2021, 12:19:22 PM »
^^^GOOD POST PER USUAL^^^

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2021, 02:00:14 PM »
But they usually have it as equity in a home, or in stocks or other appreciating assets. keeping the money in the bank where it loses to inflation year upon year is the worst thing you can do.

Agreed. A savings account is like a short-term insurance policy. One's money earns more when they put it into long-term investments, but it isn't as accessible.   

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2021, 02:21:01 PM »

Ah, living on the beach in 1999 VW Kombi is so appealing !.

There is nothing like a 'Beach Bum' life style  8)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »
What Bhank said is factual having grown up near NYC. The salaries there prior to covid are off the charts high but so are the cost of housing. Many people work in Manhattan then return to the rich North Jersey suburbs.  Yes, small apartments in Manhattan go for a ton of money.  Pick a prefession in just about any area in Nebraska and compare it to their counter part in Manhattan.  The pay difference is drastic.

Im from Asheville so im well aware of the housing prices.  You and blood pisser are basing living accomodations off someone making 100k a year.  Yes there is a higher number of 6 figure earners than in other areas no doubt...but the fact is that a waiter, fast food worker, dept store clerk, etc....will never come close to making 100k a year....never.  McDonalds isnt going to pay a worker 100k.

Anything else
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2021, 02:40:51 PM »
Agreed. A savings account is like a short-term insurance policy. One's money earns more when they put it into long-term investments, but it isn't as accessible.

Yes, i should invest in something....just like that bitcoin everyone ridiculed me 10 years ago..

Of course i have investments ...i just dont put it in housing because ive watched peopls get foreclosed on and put on the street after decades of payments
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2021, 02:43:01 PM »
^^^GOOD POST PER USUAL^^^

....are you saying it's something that a...........TOP THREE OF ALL TIME.....might post?
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
....are you saying it's something that a...........TOP THREE OF ALL TIME.....might post?
I may be insinuating just that !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2021, 02:46:45 PM »
BLOOD PISSER OF PEACE
FUCKING HILARIOUS !!   ;D ;D ;D

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2021, 02:49:12 PM »

Im from Asheville so im well aware of the housing prices.  You and blood pisser are basing living accomodations off someone making 100k a year.  Yes there is a higher number of 6 figure earners than in other areas no doubt...but the fact is that a waiter, fast food worker, dept store clerk, etc....will never come close to making 100k a year....never.  McDonalds isnt going to pay a worker 100k.

Anything else

why do you brag about your junk you buy, if materialism isnt your thing?

its one think to buy junk

but you buy name brand junk

jaguars  mercedes  pretend nice cigars and liquor with buffet bars that are bought from nickel and dime stores

it doesnt match up to your proposed outlook

what happened to that 200k condo?

you change your mind?

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »
I care not about a man's personal living situation, what I care about is his effect on the greater population at large. Is Melvin a burden on society by depending on government handouts (welfare etc)? No. Does he commit crimes in order to make ends meet? No. He might not live the life many here desire or envy, but he does live life and on his terms.

I believe Melvin strives for financial independence and employs methods that likely result in him not having to work as much as the next man. If he has a formula that works for "him" which allows him to invest more of his time enjoying his life, then good for him I say. Notice how many times I used "his" & "him", because ultimately what matters is his own happiness, not whether we interpret his accommodations as happiness inducing.

His living accommodations might not necessarily work for me, but I have also been both spoiled and brainwashed by living in NYC, where "more" is "better". Undoubtedly, I can see the fault in my thought process. The older I get, the more I realize that time is truly the most scarce asset we have. If we spend a lifetime trying to amass riches, only to appreciate life in small bursts, we've failed at living and instead succeeding at a form of slavery. We've become a civilization obsessed with the idea of attaining money by any means.  We envy others who hold more money and have shinier looking homes and vehicles. None of it matters. What we take with us over our lifetimes are the memories of time we've shared with those we love and care for the most (could be family, friends or even single-serve friends).

Remember, the richest man in the room is not the man with the most money, but instead the man with the most time.  He is the man able to do whatever he wants with his life, versus trading hours of his life for currency.

I'm not saying it isn't nice to own a nice home or a fancy car, but once you ALL have that, you will notice the novelty of those things wears off VERY quickly. You guys ever remember your first time with a woman? I bet that memory echoes over time throughout your hippocampus. Now, can you tell me what you spent 3 days ago while at the convenience store? Not really.

"1"

um yeah sure

your a sympathizer fine

but melvin brags brags and brags then nothing comes of it

i guess that good for tons of pages of ownings he gets but damn  eventually enough is enough

he just wants attention and cant stop lying

i mean one simple thing, such as coming into shape of a show, not hard, just takes discipline

he has zero discipline in sports or in life

thats why he lies and pretends to be successful

im just calling it how it is he is the one constantly getting caught bulshitting

you can be his sympathizer all you want

i wont

he is a racist  liar

fat slug of a weirdo

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2021, 04:33:25 PM »

"1"

My way of living actually isnt unusual out here in South Carolina....especially Piedmont.  But i did the city thing in Asheville and it sucked.  Living out here has its drawbacks...there is no cable or fiber internet so i utilized cellular data instead and got DISH.    No stores nearby except a Dollar General but i now have Walmart Home Delivery which makes it easier to get most of my things along with Amazon.   Only time i have to drive out is Sam's Club but i usually run other errands or shop.   Singlewide mobile homs are small and bland but i've given it my personal touch and maximized the space for my needs.

Its works for me because i make it work.  I do envy people living in New York sometimes since the city never shuts down and you can do anything anytime.  But the amount of money needed just to survive is just outrageous

But im not sure why everyone is hyping on my Mercedes...it is old but it looks decent

A

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2021, 04:40:27 PM »
what’s queen viss driving there ??

what is that an eighty six buick ? hells yea

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »

But im not sure why everyone is hyping on my Mercedes...it is old but it looks decent

A lot of people from the north don't realize cars last forever in the South (unless you live on the ocean). In upstate NY I used to get a new car every 3 or 4 years because the rust caused by the salt was so aggressive. Here in Greenville, my car looks like the day i bought it. I have one that is now 12 years old, with 125K on it. I'm thinking of having it painted and that's about it. It's a Toyota and costs nothing to maintain.

If you need a new car to show off wealth or status, you should spend the money on therapy instead. I've owned Mercedes and Lexus cars and although they drove great, after a few years they were as boring as anything else. Cars are a wasting asset. it's smart not to keep throwing money at them unless you are a collector or that's your joy in life.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2021, 05:08:04 PM »

A lot of people from the north don't realize cars last forever in the South (unless you live on the ocean). In upstate NY I used to get a new car every 3 or 4 years because the rust caused by the salt was so aggressive. Here in Greenville, my car looks like the day i bought it. I have one that is now 12 years old, with 125K on it. I'm thinking of having it painted and that's about it. It's a Toyota and costs nothing to maintain.

If you need a new car to show off wealth or status, you should spend the money on therapy instead. I've owned Mercedes and Lexus cars and although they drove great, after a few years they were as boring as anything else. Cars are a wasting asset. it's smart not to keep throwing money at them unless you are a collector or that's your joy in life.
I agree,I live in Northern NY up near Canada.............I have had to junk more decent cars because the frames got too rusty to pass inspection.

Recently I bought a used car that was shipped up here from Florida.........nice clean frame with no rust.....I`m hoping it lats a while cuz winters are brutal up here.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2021, 07:57:58 AM »
melvin calls whites honkeys

his ex was white

and disabled phisically

melvin likes the gollem whites

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2021, 07:58:51 AM »
Ah, living on the beach in 1999 VW Kombi is so appealing !.

There is nothing like a 'Beach Bum' life style  8)

Hell yes the Dream

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2021, 07:59:55 AM »

Anything else

There are a lot more 100 story office buildings full of 100k+ salaried employees in Manhattan than Mcdonalds

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2021, 08:50:01 AM »
I agree,I live in Northern NY up near Canada.............I have had to junk more decent cars because the frames got too rusty to pass inspection.

Recently I bought a used car that was shipped up here from Florida.........nice clean frame with no rust.....I`m hoping it lats a while cuz winters are brutal up here.

I used to watch my cars rust in the span of a year in Syracuse, lol. I got the underbody treatments and it still didn't matter. The worst damage is to the suspension components- they just gradually fail and it always happens when you least expect them to.

Down here in South Carolina it seems people only buy new cars because of boredom. A friend here had a Mercedes with 275K on it- and she decided to get a new one to get the new bells and whistles. She sold the car for $9500 and it was 10 years old!

This has changed my thinking considerably. When you buy a new car here you can expect at the very minimum, 10 years before you change it. I'm talking about a dally driver. It will still look showroom new on the exterior even after all that time.