Author Topic: Zab Judah, shot fighter?  (Read 1910 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Zab Judah, shot fighter?
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »
Did anyone catch his fight with Joshua Clottey saturday night?  Why does this guy continue to get shots at fighting very solid fighters like Cotto and Clottey? Are the fans expecting him to pull off somekind of miracle and actually beat these guys? I have to admit, when Judah is fighting I do put the remote down and watch, and I don't even know why.... All the guy ever does is act like a little bitch in the ring, and in his corner as well. I think the guy did have really solid skills at one time, especially his speed and maybe I am continuing to watch in hopes of that little flash of the skills he showed 7 or 8 years ago but it probably is never going to happen. Regardless, after this last loss can HBO continue to put this guy on t.v. when all he ever does is lose? I imagine he could probably retire tomorrow and not many people would even realise it but I was just wondering what the other boxing fans in here felt about him.

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Zab Judah, shot fighter?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »
can't stand the guy but the guy does have some decent skills,he just has no warrior mentality.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
no
Z

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »
Everyone knows his name still,  One more loss and he's done. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 04:16:12 PM »
no
Okay then, what did you see the other night that led you to believe otherwise, just off the top of my head I can say that in his last few fights he has lost to Mayweather, Spinks, Cotto, and Clottey.....

Tell me Bluto what did you see that leads you to believe that he still has what it takes to be a contender at a stacked Welterweight division?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »
Okay then, what did you see the other night that led you to believe otherwise, just off the top of my head I can say that in his last few fights he has lost to Mayweather, Spinks, Cotto, and Clottey.....

Tell me Bluto what did you see that leads you to believe that he still has what it takes to be a contender at a stacked Welterweight division?

"Did anyone catch his fight with Joshua Clottey saturday night? "

and i answered no. im into mma, not boxing and this is the mma board
Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 04:23:04 PM »
"Did anyone catch his fight with Joshua Clottey saturday night? "

and i answered no. im into mma, not boxing and this is the mma board

Read the topic dumbass, and besides there are plenty of people on here who enjoy boxing as well. Get your shit together moderator.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »
Read the topic dumbass, and besides there are plenty of people on here who enjoy boxing as well. Get your shit together moderator.

there's plenty of people on here that enjoy a lot of things doesnt mean its right to talk about it here, there's a sport board. youre the one that need to get your shit together unless you want me to lock or move your irrelevant thread
Z

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
there's plenty of people on here that enjoy a lot of things doesnt mean its right to talk about it here, there's a sport board. youre the one that need to get your shit together unless you want me to lock or move your irrelevant thread
Okay, Bluto you go ahead and start moving all the boxing threads out of here, let's see how that goes over in this forum. Another meaningless threat.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
Okay, Bluto you go ahead and start moving all the boxing threads out of here, let's see how that goes over in this forum. Another meaningless threat.

ok as your request
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 06:24:47 AM »
ok as your request

Like  I said Bluto don't be threatning posters. This is the mma board,but boxing is fighting and so is MMA. The guys on here watch MMA and enjoy fighting, some of the posters on the sports board only watch football or baseball. The MMA board is a perfect place to talk about boxing or fighting in general. They will get more conversation on this board and I for one actually welcome it. So don't be deleting shit and threatning people with deleting or locking like your someone bad, your not a mod to be hitler, your a mod to keep the board functioning now quit fucking it up and allow conversation to continue.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 07:22:07 AM »
Did anyone catch his fight with Joshua Clottey saturday night?  Why does this guy continue to get shots at fighting very solid fighters like Cotto and Clottey? Are the fans expecting him to pull off somekind of miracle and actually beat these guys? I have to admit, when Judah is fighting I do put the remote down and watch, and I don't even know why.... All the guy ever does is act like a little bitch in the ring, and in his corner as well. I think the guy did have really solid skills at one time, especially his speed and maybe I am continuing to watch in hopes of that little flash of the skills he showed 7 or 8 years ago but it probably is never going to happen. Regardless, after this last loss can HBO continue to put this guy on t.v. when all he ever does is lose? I imagine he could probably retire tomorrow and not many people would even realise it but I was just wondering what the other boxing fans in here felt about him.

I agree with all the above. Judah athletically has the tools PLUS he's a southpaw....missing a huge tool upstairs though and I think he also lacks will.

It's easy to pound a guy that is clearly overmatched, but when that guy is still hanging around and still coming..he's always folded imo. And his father in his corner does way more harm then good imo.

plus I hear clotty hurt his arm or tore a bicep or something...so yep....guess who may get a shot at margarito? Zab.

margarito will kill zab in all seriousness. 

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 07:43:03 AM »

margarito will kill zab in all seriousness. 

Hell yeah. Zab does possess professional skills, and he does have a pretty good record. However, Antonio Margarito would own Judah. We'll see how this plays out if Clottey doesn't heal completely by the end of this year.