Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Hormones and intense excercise builds muscle

<< < (2/84) > >>

oldtimer1:
Franco, Arnold and Zane all gained weight going into a contest. Yes I know they are steroid guys. The bulk and then diet down system  of the early 60's is nuts.  Gain lean muscle.

MajorDomo:

--- Quote from: joswift on April 26, 2024, 06:59:19 AM ---Squats supersetted with dumbell pullovers.....

Just kidding, no, there is nothing you can do.

--- End quote ---

^This.  A natural will gain on average 5-10 pounds a year for the first 3-4 years, then it plateaus. Some will gain more, some will gain less, but in the end it stops for everyone who isn't taking exogenous hormones. Pre 1940's bodybuilders are what can be attained naturally. Past that era chemical warfare began.

Thin Lizzy:

--- Quote from: MajorDomo on April 26, 2024, 07:18:14 AM ---^This.  A natural will gain on average 5-10 pounds a year for the first 3-4 years, then it plateaus. Some will gain more, some will gain less, but in the end it stops for everyone who isn't taking exogenous hormones. Pre 1940's bodybuilders are what can be attained naturally. Past that era chemical warfare began.

--- End quote ---

Most of us start in our teens so a lot of those gains are just from growing into your adult body . No way a natty who starts lifting in his 30s gains 10 pounds of muscle a year for three years.

MajorDomo:

--- Quote from: Thin Lizzy on April 26, 2024, 07:22:26 AM ---Most of us start in our teens so a lot of those gains are just from growing into your adult body . No way a natty who starts lifting in his 30s gains 10 pounds of muscle a year for three years.

--- End quote ---

I agree - but instead of writing a Wikipedia page I just put some general thoughts down, lol

joswift:
Muscles dont grow in the sense they get new tissue
All that happens is the muscles you have expand and get bigger (Hypertrophy)
You dont get new tissue (hyperplasia)

All the "you break down tissue and it grows back bigger" is a myth

Genetics dictates how big muscles get

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version