Author Topic: Seriously considering getting a dog from this breeder-------  (Read 2229 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
check out this website----incredible stuff, beautiful dogs with great tempermants

Ive been talking to the breeder for a couple months and Im waiting for the right dogs to be breed because I have a specific type in mind.  I think I might have found my little puppy!!

I already own 2 pits and I think they're the best dogs out there

http://muglestonspitbullfarm.com/index.html

let me know what u think guys--------------------------

oh and I like the idea of the having a pet board 8)----------nice job knny

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Seriously considering getting a dog from this breeder-------
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »
Looks like a good site.

Personally, you should also take a visit to the breeder & see all of the dogs on hand.  Eventhough the dogs on hand may not always be the parents, it will give you an impression on how good the breeder is & the temperaments of the dogs. 

BTW...thanks...but the Pet Board on this site wasn't solely my idea.  I was just one of many that pushed to get it up.

There's people on this board that has Volume's of information & more experience than I can ever come up with.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:56:08 PM »
great looking dogs, but they're not pit bulls.  They're hybrid type dogs, because the american pit bull terrier is supposed to be between 30-70 lbs.  Those are awesome dogs none the less.

body88

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 10:07:05 PM »
great looking dogs, but they're not pit bulls.  They're hybrid type dogs, because the american pit bull terrier is supposed to be between 30-70 lbs.  Those are awesome dogs none the less.

I agree. Check out American bulldog if you like the ultra muscular, big headed look. Those are not true pit bulls. They look like american bulls, minus the blue coat. Very nice dogs none the less. Scott and Hybrid type American bulldogs have the huge head and chest those dogs are emulating. American bulls range from 80 - 130. The Johnson type American bulls are  the biggest, but have the short muzzle. Those are big bastards, but I am not a huge fan of the short muzzle. I prefer the scott/johnson hybrid type pictured below. They are a crazy athletic, and have great temperments. Range from 80 - 120 lbs of solid muscle.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
i look at alot of these breeder websites and there are too many out there who seem to be focused on breeding for size, musculature, or color.

not saying anything is wrong with those dogs.  its just that they are not breeding to the standards of what the true apbt should look like.

General Appearance                                                         
The American Pit Bull Terrier is a medium-sized, solidly built, short-coated dog with smooth, well-defined musculature. This breed is both powerful and athletic. The body is just slightly longer than tall, but bitches may be somewhat longer in body than dogs. The length of the front leg (measured from point of elbow to the ground) is approximately equal to one-half of the dog's height at the withers. The head is of medium length, with a broad, flat skull, and a wide, deep muzzle. Ears are small to medium in size, high set, and may be natural or cropped. The relatively short tail is set low, thick at the base and tapers to a point. The American Pit Bull Terrier comes in all colors and color patterns. This breed combines strength and athleticism with grace and agility and should never appear bulky or muscle-bound or fine-boned and rangy.

Head                                                         
The APBT head is unique and a key element of breed type. It is large and broad, giving the impression of great power, but it is not disproportionate to the size of the body.......

Height and Weight                                                         
The American Pit Bull Terrier must be both powerful and agile so actual weight and height are less important than the correct proportion of weight to height. Desirable weight for a mature male in good condition is between 35 and 60 pounds. Desirable weight for a mature female in good condition is between 30 and 50 pounds. Dogs over these weights are not to be penalized unless they are disproportionately massive or rangy.

http://www.arba.org/AmericanPitBull1BS.htm

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:43:10 PM »
most breeders are the progeny of Dr. Mengele, the Nazi doctor who wanted to create the perfect race.
They could care less about the health and more importantly the mental health of these dogs. While they are breeding deformities they are also creating chemically imbalanced brains. These poor dogs have to suffer with anxiety, depression and obsessive compulsiveness, just because their owners wanted a pretty dog.

Shame on anyone who ignores this fact.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 07:53:20 AM »
I agree. Check out American bulldog if you like the ultra muscular, big headed look. Those are not true pit bulls. They look like american bulls, minus the blue coat. Very nice dogs none the less. Scott and Hybrid type American bulldogs have the huge head and chest those dogs are emulating. American bulls range from 80 - 130. The Johnson type American bulls are  the biggest, but have the short muzzle. Those are big bastards, but I am not a huge fan of the short muzzle. I prefer the scott/johnson hybrid type pictured below. They are a crazy athletic, and have great temperments. Range from 80 - 120 lbs of solid muscle.
My girl actually has an American Bulldog and since she's been living with me Ive basically raised the dog since it was a puppy.  His name is maddie and he's a year old now.  I didnt realize how good of a guard dog that bulldogs make, he is very alert and on gaurd all the time.  I agree with u that they are incredibly nice and loyal dogs.  He also gets along great with my 2 pits.  Here are some attached pics of my homeboy Maddie.

As for the pitbull farm, I do realize that these are hybrid pitbulls, I know pits arent supposed to be that big but it doesnt bother me.  These dogs would be worthless according to the breeds standards and Im sure if they arent even good fighting dogs since they are procbably too slow.  I hate dog fighting with a passion anyway so the size doesnt matter to me.  I love pitbulls, Ive owned them ever since I was a baby and they have always treated me with gentle care and love even when I was a little kid riding my family dog like a horse ;D

thank you guys for all ur feeback about the situation.  Im actually thinking about getting a french bulldog now since my girl has 2 American Bulldogs and I dont think I need antother big dog and I think having a little french bulldog that has the same colors as Maddie would be so cool. If anyone has any suggestions on where to get a French Bulldog please let me know.

I cant seem to post pics of my dogs right now, the pics are too big. If anyone knows how to help me that would be cool and then I could show u my cute beasts! hahahaha

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 04:10:25 PM »
I cant seem to post pics of my dogs right now, the pics are too big. If anyone knows how to help me that would be cool and then I could show u my cute beasts! hahahaha

Let me know if you need any more help

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 07:45:58 PM »
Check out www.mountaingatorkennels.comI got my first AB from there.  I got a pup from the tough guy on the front page.......Bam Bam.  Great ppl.

Jade