Author Topic: natty peanutbutter? suggestions  (Read 21566 times)

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
natty peanutbutter? suggestions
« on: July 20, 2018, 07:59:27 PM »
thoughts on brand or natty of peanut butter? going to be on keto and I will take 2 tablespoons.

suggestions

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: natty peanutbutter? suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:49:42 AM »
Smucker's Natural. I eat a jar or two a week.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 01:13:44 AM »
thoughts on brand or natty of peanut butter? going to be on keto and I will take 2 tablespoons.

suggestions

Read the labels. Natural peanut butter has nothing else besides ground peanuts and a bit of salt in it. Adams makes a natural peanut butter. Smuckers has no added salt so it should be really natural. -Like putting plain peanuts in a blender and blend until it's creamy. Now that's natural.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 01:26:33 AM »
Kroger natural peanut butter.  Crunchy or creamy.  It don't matter. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »
Aldi's has a good organic peanut butter.

Good price too.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
Read the labels. Natural peanut butter has nothing else besides ground peanuts and a bit of salt in it. Adams makes a natural peanut butter. Smuckers has no added salt so it should be really natural. -Like putting plain peanuts in a blender and blend until it's creamy. Now that's natural.

smuckers seems to taste great too. thx

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »

Organic pb is the one with just peanuts and salt.  No added oils.  The oil from the peanuts separates at room temp, hence the need to stir it up (or keep it in the fridge).

"Natural" pb usually has palm oil in it in addition to the peanuts and salt.  Palm oil is solid at room temp and doesn't separate.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
Organic pb is the one with just peanuts and salt.  No added oils.  The oil from the peanuts separates at room temp, hence the need to stir it up (or keep it in the fridge).

"Natural" pb usually has palm oil in it in addition to the peanuts and salt.  Palm oil is solid at room temp and doesn't separate.

Whether you call it natural or organic likely depends on the source of your information.

"Natural peanut butters normally only have two ingredients- peanuts and salt.  The peanuts are non-organic.  They aren’t referring to the peanut butters on the market that use vegetable oils, sometimes hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated, in order to keep the nut butter from separating, or the ones that contain sugar.  Natural peanut butter normally separates where the peanuts are on the bottom and the naturally-occurring peanut oil is floating on the top."

Organic anything, peanut butter to apples means that no pesticides, herbicides or growth enhancers were using in growing the product. Egg carton labels are extremely complicated. Did you know that eggs labeled vegetarian fed means that the chickens are not cage free. Chickens, like most birds, eat insects, worms, snakes, frogs and even mice as well as grains. Organic eggs come from chickens fed organic grains free of pesticides plus the chickens must have access to the outdoors. In the egg display at stores, you will see all manner labels which show the above mentioned choices or combinations thereof. Caged chickens are more likely to get sick, thus their eggs may be contaminated with a virus too. Learning all this stuff is enough to make a person crazy or want to get their own egg laying chickens.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 04:57:00 AM »
Whether you call it natural or organic likely depends on the source of your information.

"Natural peanut butters normally only have two ingredients- peanuts and salt.  The peanuts are non-organic.  They aren’t referring to the peanut butters on the market that use vegetable oils, sometimes hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated, in order to keep the nut butter from separating, or the ones that contain sugar.  Natural peanut butter normally separates where the peanuts are on the bottom and the naturally-occurring peanut oil is floating on the top."

Organic anything, peanut butter to apples means that no pesticides, herbicides or growth enhancers were using in growing the product. Egg carton labels are extremely complicated. Did you know that eggs labeled vegetarian fed means that the chickens are not cage free. Chickens, like most birds, eat insects, worms, snakes, frogs and even mice as well as grains. Organic eggs come from chickens fed organic grains free of pesticides plus the chickens must have access to the outdoors. In the egg display at stores, you will see all manner labels which show the above mentioned choices or combinations thereof. Caged chickens are more likely to get sick, thus their eggs may be contaminated with a virus too. Learning all this stuff is enough to make a person crazy or want to get their own egg laying chickens.

Ok.  I guess you have to check the ingredients to be sure.  

For example "Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread" has palm oil and sugar in it.

https://www.amazon.com/Skippy-Natural-Creamy-Peanut-Butter/dp/B01FW4ZFBC/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532348439&sr=8-4&keywords=natural+peanut+butter

Likewise Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread

https://www.amazon.com/Jif-Natural-Creamy-Peanut-Butter/dp/B009LI2AE6/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1532348439&sr=8-5&keywords=natural%2Bpeanut%2Bbutter&th=1

I don't normally eat organic anything but have recently gone to organic/natural pb that has no trans fats or added oils.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
I don't normally eat organic anything but have recently gone to organic/natural pb that has no trans fats or added oils.

Nothing wrong with organically grown foods accept that they most often cost more. At my age, I'm probably loaded with pesticides, herbicides, and growth hormones from eating non organic foods most of my life. I still buy organic when it is available. It just feels right. Remember that organic is not the same as natural. Organic vegetables and fruits are less attractive because of how they are grown. Organic, free range chickens are generally smaller than those raised in cages and without hormones.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
It's perfectly acceptable to spread natural peanut butter on your balls and allow your dog to lick it off. 
After all, it's your dog.

OldSchoolLifter

• Getbig II
  • Hobbyist historian of strength/physique training
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 02:15:32 PM »
I usually go for Adams. Just two ingredients: peanuts and salt.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »
It's perfectly acceptable to spread natural peanut butter on your balls and allow your dog to lick it off. 
After all, it's your dog.

Years ago, I suspected a neighbor of doing this. One night while sitting on his front steps his dog was all over his crotch. My thought at the time was that this could be dangerous. :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »

Sloth

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
Adams is delicious!
Friend of mine mentioned that peanuts should be avoided entirely because of the amount of herbicides, pesticides etc. that are used on them.  But I can't stop, just so good and filling.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »
Anyone try jungle peanuts? Susposedly free of toxins due to the jungle soil they come from
w

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »
Smucker's Natural. I eat a jar or two a week.
i tried 2 eat a jar today i was super sluggish energy wise after eatin 3\4
A

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
^^^ I have eaten a jar in a day, it is a bit much.

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 04:41:38 AM »
Adams 👍🏻

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 08:13:15 AM »
TEDDY'S

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2019, 09:25:02 PM »
If you don't like normal peanut butter, get some from a Latter-Day Saint member...They make the stuff.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2019, 03:17:37 PM »
Here's the peanut butter I eat exclusively. Nothing but peanuts. Order it from Amazon. It's not cheap when you add the shipping cost. But, it is worth it.

CB's Nuts USA Grown Non-GMO Creamunchy 1 Ingredient Peanut Butter (2)
by CB's Nuts
5.0 out of 5 stars    5 ratings
Price:   $14.98 + $13.50 shipping

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I0F6ZGE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 12:52:23 AM »

suggestions

What ever brand you chose you can tell it’s natural by the oil separating on top when you 1st open the jar requiring you to mix it