Author Topic: "cheap" protein  (Read 4316 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
"cheap" protein
« on: March 05, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »
Hey i was visiting my parents this past weekend, my dad gave me this big tub of "SportPharma" LowCarb Whey powder.  its got the same ingrediants and nutritional info as the protein i normally use (GNC brand). but he got it at Costco for kinda cheap, you think it will be just as good>? I never heard of sportpharma
Valhalla awaits.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: "cheap" protein
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:45:54 AM »
Hey i was visiting my parents this past weekend, my dad gave me this big tub of "SportPharma" LowCarb Whey powder.  its got the same ingrediants and nutritional info as the protein i normally use (GNC brand). but he got it at Costco for kinda cheap, you think it will be just as good>? I never heard of sportpharma

Thats pretty cool of your pops to go out and buy you some protein. Is this it?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sport/whey.html

I think you'll be fine using it but if you feel stomach discomfort or problems digesting it I'd go back to your usual protein. 

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:07:31 AM »
yeah my dad is cool like that

anyway, yeah that is it im tryin it out today after i hit up chest/bi's
Valhalla awaits.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 03:18:40 PM »
let us know.
bodybuildersreality.com

snatch_clean

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 04:18:06 PM »
All the Whey 20/30 blend. 10 lb for $42. Downside is the protein induced flatulence. I can stink up a storm and my favorite activity in between sets is carpet bombing.
Carpet bombing is going into a crowded section of the gym and dropping an ass-bomb and moving all around to spread the goodness. It is easy to escape detection if the area is crowded enough. No one has a clue who did it. Sometimes I will visit the cardio area just to be a little sadistic!

Gettinbig06

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 05:48:43 PM »
Im an Asst Mgr @ GNC I can get our Largeest container of designer Whey Protein for $55 (but 1 get 1 free)

Gettinbig06@hotmail.com 

dinsf2004

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 03:43:09 PM »
You guys should check out this cheap protein that I have been using because it has digestive enzymes added.  Most super cheap protein does not have digestive enzymes in it and that's why you get gut aches and wall shakes gas from it.  This protein never gives me gas, its super cheap and I love it- http://www.performancenutrition.com/Shopping/product.asp?catalog_name=Performance&category_name=&product_id=CLEIW

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 08:14:31 AM »
I tried the same product you speak of from Costco. Gave me bad cramps...

I was never a big advocate of Sportspharma. Their MRP's were pretty bad too....

At one point Costco was carrying the EAS 5 lb tubs but did away with them as I guess they got a better deal from Sportspharma...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »
i got it efore.....you need to use a blender to mix it.

other than that i didnt see a idfference from "on" protein.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

chrisg

• Getbig II
  • "No! Try not! Do! Or do not. There is no try."
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »
All the Whey 20/30 blend. 10 lb for $42. Downside is the protein induced flatulence. I can stink up a storm and my favorite activity in between sets is carpet bombing.
Carpet bombing is going into a crowded section of the gym and dropping an ass-bomb and moving all around to spread the goodness. It is easy to escape detection if the area is crowded enough. No one has a clue who did it. Sometimes I will visit the cardio area just to be a little sadistic!

LMAO!
P.R.: ate four lbs p-butter in 3 days

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 02:15:39 AM »
cheap protein will give you a bad air day.   :-X
w

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 09:29:09 AM »
I don't like cheap protein because you get what you pay for.  You'll end up not using it at all if it doesn't taste good

Right now I'm trying out Muscle Milk from Cytosport and their Creme Brulee is the bomb.  It says it taste better mixed with milk so I plan to mix it with my Milk & Egg Protein Powder I sell since its unflavored. 

Don't sell yourself short and don't buy cheap protein.  Even Jaguar knows that as much as I do
A

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »
Beverly I switched to some of the protein blends they offer, they taste awesome and I get no gas, plus I even feel comfortable in knowing Im getting whats on the label, also I switched back to Met-Rx MRPs and they taste great.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
Go to betterbodz.com and get the "ON Gold Standard Whey" 10lbs. for $47.00!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 11:04:59 PM »
Go to betterbodz.com and get the "ON Gold Standard Whey" 10lbs. for $47.00!

ON's Whey is the best in term of value for an isolate/concentrate blend.  I've had no problems with digestibility or gas.  Most of the flavors taste pretty good even with just water.

HickoryStick

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 09:00:24 PM »
How much better is Isolate than Concentrate?