Author Topic: Vitamins to help hair grow  (Read 1780 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Vitamins to help hair grow
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:44:49 AM »
Saw this in Dr. Gott's column yesterday:

Q:  I am a woman who suffered w/hair loss.  I was surprised you did not suggest any dietary changes or supplements to help the woman who wrote in about hair loss. 

I first started losing my hair when I was 16.  A neighbor who was a nurse told me to take vitamin B-1 (thiamine).  It worked wonderfully.  Many years later, I started losing my hair again.  I read a book that recommended taking a B complex w/extra biotin, inositol and choline.  I tried it, and this also worked well for me.  About 2 years later, it happened again.  This time I used the same B complex w/extra choline, inositol and biotin as before, but I didn't stop taking it this time.  I now use it every day, and my hair is thicker and healthier than it ever was.  I am 65.

A:  Thank you for writing.  You have offered yet another possible remedy to hair loss.  I have received dozens of letters w/various treatments for hair loss ranging from folic acid to B vitamins to special shampoos.

I have had no experience w/using B complex but have received several letters that recommend it.  I am publishing your letter for my readers who wish to try it.  Please, readers, let me know what has or has not worked for you.
etc.
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Vitamins to help hair grow
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:45:22 AM »
My hairdresser told me to go out and get Nioxin (because I was loosing my hair due to the radiation  :'().  Anyway, I ended up allergic to it. I had stop using it.  It was giving me tiny blisters on my scalp.   :-\

Nioxin is a shampoo and scalp treatment for those with hair loss.  It was created to help those undergoing chemo.  Bums me out that I am allergic to it.  :-[
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:33:31 AM »
My hairdresser told me to go out and get Nioxin (because I was loosing my hair due to the radiation  :'().  Anyway, I ended up allergic to it. I had stop using it.  It was giving me tiny blisters on my scalp.   :-\

Nioxin is a shampoo and scalp treatment for those with hair loss.  It was created to help those undergoing chemo.  Bums me out that I am allergic to it.  :-[
I posted the above mainly for you dweetir.  I'm sorry you are allergic to the Nioxin. 

I went to the health food store today and asked about the Vitamin B stuff.  She said something they sell a lot of is Nature's Plus Sustained Release Ultra Hair.  Let me know if you want to try it and can't find it near you :)
R

~weed~

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:56:22 AM »
A B complex vitamin is good overall, so take it !

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »
A B complex vitamin is good overall, so take it !

The ~weed~ has spoken >:(
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »
The ~weed~ has spoken >:(
Yeah she has.  :-X   ;D

~weed~

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »
Yeah she has.  :-X   ;D

is there something "dweetir" 
::)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »

is there something "dweetir" 
::)
Yes.   :-*

I get my new extensions Sunday!!!   :D

~weed~

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 01:18:21 PM »
Cool!!!   :D     I can tuck mine into my pants!!!  Get em that long!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 10:24:35 AM »
Cool!!!   :D     I can tuck mine into my pants!!!  Get em that long!
They are 20"   :D