Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

how did good guys become bad guys and vice versa?

(1/3) > >>

Earl1972:
when i was a fan in the 80's, hulk hogan was the most popular wrestler

he told fans to train, say their prayers, and take their vitamins

then in the 90's the bad guys became the good guys, the nwo were basically a gang that cheated to win and the fans loved it

stone cold steve austin gave the finger to authority, the rock was the epitomy of arrogance

the fans loved it

how did the bad guys become the ones people cheered?

E

mass 04:
I think part of it was the whole "attitude" of the 90's. People could relate to Austin hating his boss and lived vicariously through him. I think with the internet played a role as well.

njflex:
true,i don't follow wrestling today,but the times your talking about are gone,fans today need full story lines and need to or seem to know with internet when wrestlers flip to good or bad side.back n the day it would be series of managers talking down to his wrestler negative over weeks or slapping a wrestler during big match then crowd would side with wrestler or tag team partner flipped during match then bboed voila bad guy,old days were golden.

Karl Kox:

--- Quote from: mass 04 on January 19, 2009, 07:50:39 PM ---I think part of it was the whole "attitude" of the 90's. People could relate to Austin hating his boss and lived vicariously through him. I think with the internet played a role as well.

--- End quote ---

most people could relate

Earl1972:
is it that people don't want to be good?

they say women love the bad boy, men do too?

E

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version