Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

War price on U.S. lives equal to 9/11

(1/18) > >>

Hugo Chavez:

Now the death toll is 9/11 times two. U.S. military deaths from Iraq and Afghanistan now match those of the most devastating terrorist attack in America's history, the trigger for what came next. Add casualties from chasing terrorists elsewhere in the world, and the total has passed the Sept. 11 figure...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060922/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/911_times_two

shutupandtrain88:
it's called war and as crappy as it sounds, the lives lost are helping to make sure all of us here posting dumbass threads can continue to do so.  And I have lost friends in this war.  I respect each and every one doing their part overseas and domestically that work day in and day out to protect us and rid the world of those that want to kill us.  and that is kill civilians and destroy our way of life.

24KT:

--- Quote from: shutupandtrain88 on September 23, 2006, 03:28:12 PM ---it's called war and as crappy as it sounds, the lives lost are helping to make sure all of us here posting dumbass threads can continue to do so.  And I have lost friends in this war.  I respect each and every one doing their part overseas and domestically that work day in and day out to protect us and rid the world of those that want to kill us.  and that is kill civilians and destroy our way of life.

--- End quote ---

Then show some respect to those who voice opinions in opposition to your own.

The freedom or speech, and freedom to question, and dissent enjoyed up til now is part of the 'American Way of Life' and anyone who would censor that is unamerican and participating in the destruction of America.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: jaguarenterprises on September 23, 2006, 09:42:15 PM ---Then show some respect to those who voice opinions in opposition to your own.

The freedom or speech, and freedom to question, and dissent enjoyed up til now is part of the 'American Way of Life' and anyone who would censor that is unamerican and participating in the destruction of America.

--- End quote ---

What does freedom of speech have to do with anything?  The First Amendment only applies if there is "state action," i.e., when the government is trying to regulate speech.  Private entities can censor all they want.  See my Veggie Tales post from last night, where networks are censoring the word "God" out of Veggie Tales episodes so they don't offend paranoid atheists and agnostics. 

24KT:
What about the freedom to question, and to dissent? What about the freedom to not be BSed by your own gov.

I know that's not in the constitution, ...but damn it, ...IT SHOULD BE!  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version