Author Topic: A few questions for Hedgehog  (Read 1838 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
A few questions for Hedgehog
« on: November 15, 2006, 06:27:30 AM »
Zack,
I'm trying to get a better understanding of why you have the beliefs you do about Christianity.  If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions I'd really appreciate it.  If you prefer not to or would just like to skip some, that's perfectly fine and your choice :)

1)  How much of the bible have you read?

2)  Do you currently read it? 

If so a) rarely, b) occasionally, or c) frequently?

3)  Have you learned things about Christianity from sources other than the bible? 

If so, what are they and/or who are they?

4)  Do you have a concept of God's Grace? 

If so, could you please explain your concept?

5)  Do you think you know more than God?

6)  You refer to the life of Jesus as an example that Christians should follow. 

Do you believe that Jesus was a real person and that the information in the bible about Him is accurate? 

If so, what information do you believe to be accurate? 

What information do you believe to be inaccurate?

7)  Do you believe that all people (not just Christians) should live their lives by following  Christ's example?

Why or why not?

Thanks Zach :)
R

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: A few questions for Hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:33:27 AM »
id like to have a crack at those sometime dear  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:44:18 AM »
id like to have a crack at those sometime dear  :)

BB, I'd love for you to answer them too please :)
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:39:25 AM »
Zack,
I'm trying to get a better understanding of why you have the beliefs you do about Christianity.  If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions I'd really appreciate it.  If you prefer not to or would just like to skip some, that's perfectly fine and your choice :)

1)  How much of the bible have you read?

2)  Do you currently read it? 

If so a) rarely, b) occasionally, or c) frequently?

3)  Have you learned things about Christianity from sources other than the bible? 

If so, what are they and/or who are they?

4)  Do you have a concept of God's Grace? 

If so, could you please explain your concept?

5)  Do you think you know more than God?

6)  You refer to the life of Jesus as an example that Christians should follow. 

Do you believe that Jesus was a real person and that the information in the bible about Him is accurate? 

If so, what information do you believe to be accurate? 

What information do you believe to be inaccurate?

7)  Do you believe that all people (not just Christians) should live their lives by following  Christ's example?

Why or why not?

Thanks Zach :)

1) All of it when I was younger.

2) Yes, I read it occasionally, meaning I read certain passages of the Bible that I am interested in.

3) Primarily, the main second source would be priests at the local church. Of course lots of others sources have been TV shows et al discussing Christian Values.

4) -

5) No.

6) As far as the Bible goes, I find it strange that so few are able to grasp that it's likely containing lots of flaws, due to the fact that it's man-written and never on a mission from God. If there was a mission from God to create a Bible, then perhaps a "Holy Scripture" may exist, but now... Why would you accept that?

Did Jesus exist? You're the first in many years to question his existance (I used to do that too).

I don't know, but I believe he did.

7) Only Christians should follow the rules of Christianity, and try to be "good" Christians.

Why? Because that is their agenda. Other people have other agendas. From a Christian perspective: They're not going to heaven anyway, so why bother?

Again, from a Christian perspective, it could be experienced as "unfair", that those who are not Christians doesn't have to follow Christian rules, they don't have to be unselfish, et al.

But who said being a Christian is supposed to be easy? The reward isn't wordly. It is spiritually and in the good you do.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
1) All of it when I was younger.

2) Yes, I read it occasionally, meaning I read certain passages of the Bible that I am interested in.

3) Primarily, the main second source would be priests at the local church. Of course lots of others sources have been TV shows et al discussing Christian Values.

4) -

5) No.

6) As far as the Bible goes, I find it strange that so few are able to grasp that it's likely containing lots of flaws, due to the fact that it's man-written and never on a mission from God. If there was a mission from God to create a Bible, then perhaps a "Holy Scripture" may exist, but now... Why would you accept that?

Did Jesus exist? You're the first in many years to question his existance (I used to do that too).

7) Only Christians should follow the rules of Christianity, and try to be "good" Christians.

Why? Because that is their agenda. Other people have other agendas. From a Christian perspective: They're not going to heaven anyway, so why bother?

Again, from a Christian perspective, it could be experienced as "unfair", that those who are not Christians doesn't have to follow Christian rules, they don't have to be unselfish, et al.

But who said being a Christian is supposed to be easy? The reward isn't wordly. It is spiritually and in the good you do.

YIP
Zack

and english is your second language...

never cease to amaze ninja!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »

3) Primarily, the main second source would be priests at the local church.

By priests, do you mean priests of the Catholic Church?

I don't question that He existed.  I believe He did/does.

Zack, I really apppreciate you answering these.  Thanks. :)

R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:53:45 AM »
By priests, do you mean priests of the Catholic Church?

No, Protestant priests.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 10:26:11 AM »
No, Protestant priests.

YIP
Zack

Are all clergy called priests in Sweden?  (I think you're in Sweden?)
R

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 10:36:07 AM »
Are all clergy called priests in Sweden?  (I think you're in Sweden?)

No.

We also have deans, vicars, bishops...

They are all priests however, the abovementioned are just different positions within the Swedish Protestant Church.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 11:27:30 AM »
What the heck Hedgehog,

I would have thought you would have grown up Lutheran.
Aren't 87% of Swedes Lutheran.
Z