Author Topic: Wonderful Islamic quotes to help you all through tough times  (Read 3559 times)

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
Wonderful Islamic quotes to help you all through tough times
« on: April 02, 2022, 09:48:22 AM »
Hello, friends.

These words have been a constant source of guidance and inspiration for me since my conversion. I hope they bring you all peace and a sense of comfort!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Wonderful Islamic quotes to help you all through tough times
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 04:46:55 AM »
With Easter just around the corner, I'll add this:

And for their saying, “We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of God.” In fact, they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they did. Indeed, those who differ about him are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it, except the following of assumptions. Certainly, they did not kill him. Rather, God raised him up to Himself. God is Mighty and Wise.

-Quran 4:157-4:158

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 06:57:50 AM »
With Easter just around the corner, I'll add this:

And for their saying, “We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of God.” In fact, they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they did. Indeed, those who differ about him are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it, except the following of assumptions. Certainly, they did not kill him. Rather, God raised him up to Himself. God is Mighty and Wise.

-Quran 4:157-4:158

Thank you for sharing, Abraham. I shall ponder this quote after the mosque tonight. Have a blessed Easter.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 03:34:45 AM »
Thought-provoking thread - thank you Brothers

If I may add one that really resonates with me:

“Everyone who is taken by death asks for more time, while everyone who still has time makes excuses for procrastination.” Ali Ibn Abi Talib (R.A)

Peace be upon you 🤲🏽
T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 01:12:27 PM »
Beautiful brother Taff. 1400 years later and still rings true.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 01:27:16 AM »
Beautiful brother Taff. 1400 years later and still rings true.

Thank you Brother.  I'm feeling a lot of love and peace in this thread

And of course, you have chosen a Blessed Name, for Ibrahim was of course the Father of all religion:

"Abraham in the Quran was mentioned 69 times. He is the father of the prophets and the first messenger commissioned with the message of monotheism and the call to worship the one God, and from it, the Christian and Jewish religion arose, then Islam, which is the religion closest to the principles of monotheism"

"And when his Lord tested Ibrahim with certain words, and he fulfilled them, He said, “I am making you the Imam of mankind.” Said he, “And from among my descendants?” He said, “My pledge does not extend to the unjust”

PBUY Brother Ibrahim 🤲🏽
T

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "Let Putin do whatever the HELL he wants!"
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 02:59:46 PM »
Thanks for posting.

With everything going on in the world right now I’m feeling lost. While I’m new to this religion I feel like Islam can help comfort me.

What is the best way for me to get started with this?

All advice welcome!

🙂

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »
Thanks for posting.

With everything going on in the world right now I’m feeling lost. While I’m new to this religion I feel like Islam can help comfort me.

All advice welcome!

🙂

Islam in it's purest, intended form can be of great comfort to you.  Read my friend.  That is my greatest advice to you. 

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 12:16:04 AM »
Thanks for posting.

All advice welcome!

🙂

Oak,

Thanks so much for having the courage to come here and admit that. Many others have actually reached out to me privately to express similar sentiments, but they are scared of being attacked.

For me, the starting point was when I entered the mosque. I was frightened because I'm a White guy and didn't look the part, but none of that mattered. They accepted me without any hesitation and invited me to pray with them. I believe that should be the starting point for you. Pray. Come to Allah with honesty and humility and he will reveal himself to you.

The reason so many Christians feel lost is because they're praying to Jesus, and Jesus was mortal. He's no longer here with us. Islam is the one true religion and our only hope for a genuine sense of community and love - in this life and the next.

Never will you attain the good until you spend from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 01:29:03 AM »
Thanks for posting.

All advice welcome!

🙂

Just to add to the excellent advice above if I may:  my inspiration is also very recent, and I believe at the heart of this is supplication/surrender.  Only by realising you have to open up honestly - because He sees all and judges you accordingly - can you move towards peace and forgiveness

I was taught as a child to hate myself for being flawed, evil and sinful.  And I am certain that I've carried the damage from a Christian upbringing with me into adulthood.  So for me, I feel the time is right to be embraced by the religion of peace and love, rather than hellfire and damnation

Unlike Spunk, I have not been brave enough to physically enter a Mosque yet, but I have started speaking to a devout friend of mine who is helping mentor me on this journey - learning of the Djaal was a real eye-opener.  I am sure your guidance will come to you as He wishes it

PBUY Oak
🤲🏽

T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 01:52:26 AM »
Just to add to the excellent advice above if I may:  my inspiration is also very recent, and I believe at the heart of this is supplication/surrender.  Only by realising you have to open up honestly - because He sees all and judges you accordingly - can you move towards peace and forgiveness

I was taught as a child to hate myself for being flawed, evil and sinful.  And I am certain that I've carried the damage from a Christian upbringing with me into adulthood.  So for me, I feel the time is right to be embraced by the religion of peace and love, rather than hellfire and damnation

Unlike Spunk, I have not been brave enough to physically enter a Mosque yet, but I have started speaking to a devout friend of mine who is helping mentor me on this journey - learning of the Djaal was a real eye-opener.  I am sure your guidance will come to you as He wishes it

PBUY Oak
🤲🏽

I'd like to remind you about Surah Al-Ma'idah - 82.  It reads:  Of all men you will find the Jews and those who associate others with Allah in His divinity to be the most hostile to those who believe; and you will surely find that of all people they who say: 'We are Christians', are closest to feeling affection for those who believe. This is because there are worshipful priests and monks among them, and because they are not arrogant.
— Tafheem-ul-Quran - Abul Ala Maududi

I feel your Christian upbringing prepared you for this final step in your journey of faith.  Never be ashamed of your upbringing.  PBUY Brother Taffin.

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "Let Putin do whatever the HELL he wants!"
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 08:08:10 AM »
This is my new iPhone lock screen.

❤️

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2022, 02:49:25 AM »
This is my new iPhone lock screen.

❤️

😍😍😍

I'm stealing that!

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2022, 03:32:34 AM »
😍😍😍

I'm stealing that!

Mashallah 8)

Another thing I've found useful myself is an Auto-Azan (call to prayer) app to remind me of the 5 times a day I should be thinking about praying.  Looking back, it's quite embarrassing how I used to think that Church once a week was enough to show my devotion - what were they thinking..? 

I'm not saying I'm there yet, but I find the consistent reminders focus me on being a better Father, Husband and person daily, while also bringing me closer to God.  The old me would just try to get away with things until Confession, when the clock was just restarted for that week (smh)

The call of the Ummah is persuasive in this crazy world...

T

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2022, 09:46:45 AM »
Mashallah 8)

Another thing I've found useful myself is an Auto-Azan (call to prayer) app to remind me of the 5 times a day I should be thinking about praying.  Looking back, it's quite embarrassing how I used to think that Church once a week was enough to show my devotion - what were they thinking..? 

I'm not saying I'm there yet, but I find the consistent reminders focus me on being a better Father, Husband and person daily, while also bringing me closer to God.  The old me would just try to get away with things until Confession, when the clock was just restarted for that week (smh)

This is a great idea. I also look back a lot now and laugh when I think of my misguided Christian ways. These days I actually look forward to praying and attending mosque. Church was so boring! Ridiculous stories, no sense of community, empty, cold, depressing. And no wonder: God wasn't even there!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »
I spoke with my Imam about Good Friday. He told me it's ok for me to celebrate with my family this Friday via Lenten fish fry. Respect for parents is paramount in Islam.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 06:56:55 AM »
This is a great idea. I also look back a lot now and laugh when I think of my misguided Christian ways. These days I actually look forward to praying and attending mosque. Church was so boring! Ridiculous stories, no sense of community, empty, cold, depressing. And no wonder: God wasn't even there!

I fear it was worse than that - I have a feeling that Shaitan was... :-\
T

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 12:10:48 PM »
Mashallah 8)

No racism. They kill everyone equally.