Author Topic: "Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"  (Read 12813 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
"Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
August 14, 2012 11:25 am

Vice President Joe Biden told supporters that Republicans would “put y’all back in chains,” during a campaign speech Tuesday in Danville, Va.

VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN: They’ve said it. Every Republican’s voted for it. Look at what they value and look at their budget and what they’re proposing. Romney wants to let the—he said in the first 100 days, he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules–unchain Wall Street. They’re going to put y’all back in chains. He’s said he’s going to do nothing about stopping the practice of outsourcing…

Biden was introduced at the campaign event by Center for American Progress Action Fund president Tom Perriello, who called Biden “the conscience of our nation’s capital.”

http://freebeacon.com/biden-on-romney-theyre-going-to-put-yall-back-in-chains

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Biden to Blacks: "Republicans will put Y'All back in Chains"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »
Evertime Biden opens his mouth, hilarity ensues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:01:33 AM »
Biden tells Va. supporters that Romney would put blacks ‘back in chains’

By Dave Boyer

The Washington Times
Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vice President Joseph R. Biden told an audience that included several hundred black supporters Tuesday that Republican Mitt Romney’s efforts to loosen Wall Street regulations would put voters “back in chains.”

“Romney wants to, he said in the first 100 days, he’s gonna let the big banks again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street” Mr. Biden said of the presumptive GOP nominee at a campaign rally in Danville, Va. The vice president then lowered his voice and added, “They’re going to put y’all back in chains.”

Danville is roughly half black, and there were many black supporters in the audience of about 800 at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research.

The Romney campaign reacted swiftly, accusing the Obama campaign of gutter politics.

“After weeks of slanderous and baseless accusations leveled against Governor Romney, the Obama campaign has reached a new low,” said Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul in a statement. “The comments made by the vice president of the United States are not acceptable in our political discourse and demonstrate yet again that the Obama campaign will say and do anything to win this election. President Obama should tell the American people whether he agrees with Joe Biden’s comments.”

Former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer tweeted: “The press pounded [Sarah] Palin when she talked about ‘blood libel’ … what will they do about Biden’s ‘chains’ remark.”

Mr. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, opposes some of the financial reforms in the so-called Dodd-Frank legislation signed by Mr. Obama in 2010. Democrats said the law would curb risky investment practices and help to prevent another financial meltdown.

The vice president’s remarks came during a two-day campaign swing in Virginia and North Carolina, where he called Mr. Romney’s selection of Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin as his running mate a move that will help clarify the race for voters. The Obama campaign is attacking Mr. Ryan’s budget plan, as well as his blueprint for reforming Medicare.

“This is a good thing, a good thing for the country that we have this stark, stark choice,” Mr. Biden said.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
This wasn`t addressed to blacks specifically, even if it was, I don`t see a problem with it at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
This wasn`t addressed to blacks specifically, even if it was, I don`t see a problem with it at all.

Yes it was - since when does Biden say "Y'All"   ? ? ? ? ? ?

And you don't have a problem w this?   LOL.  Fomenting a race war is ok ? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter says the campaign has "no problem" with Vice President Joe Biden's comment about putting people back in chains.

"I think he probably agrees with Joe Biden's sentiments," Cutter said on behalf of President Obama. "He's using a metaphor to talk about what's going to happen."

"I appreciate the faux outrage from the Romney campaign," Cutter said in reaction to a statement from the campaign. "If you want to talk about the use of words then take a look at Mitt Romney's stump speech where he basically calls the president un-American."

"The bottom line is that we have no problem with those comments," Cutter said.

The more in the gutter Obama stays while avoiding his disastrous presidency - the worse it will get for him. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
Yes it was - since when does Biden say "Y'All"   ? ? ? ? ? ?

And you don't have a problem w this?   LOL.  Fomenting a race war is ok ? 
He was in Danville, VA (I love going there) and that is common speak for the locale.  Romney does it too, although sounds a bit more retarded when doing so.

I don`t have a problem with this because it does not foment anything. By acting like its an issue, it becomes one.  Nobody there thought it was an issue and in the south, this type of speak is perfectly fine.  The North are the only ones to find this kind of stuff "offensive".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
He was in Danville, VA (I love going there) and that is common speak for the locale.  Romney does it too, although sounds a bit more retarded when doing so.

I don`t have a problem with this because it does not foment anything. By acting like its an issue, it becomes one.  Nobody there thought it was an issue and in the south, this type of speak is perfectly fine.  The North are the only ones to find this kind of stuff "offensive".

I hope Biden and Obama keep up these public meltdowns - going to make it just worse for them. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »

I don't find it offensive, ridiculous - Yes, but Binden is another careen moron I mean politician so what should we expect
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »

Agreed... Everyone in that area says "Ya'll".

Not to mention the fact I'm sure there were a lot of white people in that group.

Danville isn't an urban area at all... lots of white people.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
It's okay everyone, he's a democrat.  HTH
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »
It's okay everyone, he's a democrat.  HTH
No, its okay if anyone says it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

Exactly... Everyone is so damn sensitive.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »

Right - Palin said death panels and the left freaked out for weeks and it was the talk of shows endklessly. 

Biden does the same thing - no biggie its all good.

Typical liberal double standards

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »

Right - Palin said death panels and the left freaked out for weeks and it was the talk of shows endklessly. 

Isn't the double standard on both sides?

It's not liberal... I mean, if you're a conservative and you complain, but you're ok with Palin's Death Panel comments, then are you the one with the double standard?

It seems like it's not liberal or conservative... both sides have a double standard and you only notice it when it's against your side.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 11:53:10 AM »
Isn't the double standard on both sides?

It's not liberal... I mean, if you're a conservative and you complain, but you're ok with Palin's Death Panel comments, then are you the one with the double standard?

It seems like it's not liberal or conservative... both sides have a double standard and you only notice it when it's against your side.

Agreed - but will we see bidens comments in the MSM for weeks on end?  Yes or no?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

Agreed - but will we see bidens comments in the MSM for weeks on end?  Yes or no?

I bet it's on Fox... That's MSM.

The rest... maybe not... but don't all of those other news outlets together just barely add up to the Fox News viewership?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »

Death Panels were retarded to say because no such thing existed.  She was/is a moron of the highest order.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »
Death Panels were retarded to say because no such thing existed.  She was/is a moron of the highest order.

And Romney wants blacks in chains? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »

Why would you want to?  Don`t you already know what he said?  What purpose would it serve to keep repeating it, especially when its not offensive at all?  The only purpose I see would be to try to make a story out of nothing and manufacture some sort of conflict.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
And Romney wants blacks in chains? 

Palin was actually being literal, she thought Death Panels were a real thing.

Biden was using figurative speech to describe an issue. HUGE difference.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »

That's because there are no such thing as death panels and Palin was saying it literally and dopes like you were believing it.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
Palin was actually being literal, she thought Death Panels were a real thing.

Biden was using figurative speech to describe an issue. HUGE difference.

Krugman said the death panels were real too  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
Krugman said the death panels were real too  
Nah.  Not true at all.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
Must be election season, the True Anus has returned to set us all strait with his brilliant insight ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ