Author Topic: 2022 Mid-Terms  (Read 355 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
2022 Mid-Terms
« on: December 02, 2021, 08:49:27 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: 2022 Mid-Terms
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »
'I'm in favor of getting rid of masks' | Newly elected HISD Trustee Bridget Wade among two who defeated incumbents in weekend runoff
thou ^
Posted on 12/14/2021, 10:50:13 AM by devane617

Heated runoffs in four Houston ISD trustee elections ended last weekend and two self-described conservatives unseated incumbents as national politics took center stage. "Just overall excited to serve,” District VII victor Bridget Wade said. Wade defeated incumbent trustee Anne Sung in an election that included issues such as critical race theory, library books and the district’s mask mandate. “I’m in favor of getting rid of masks," Wade said. "I’m in favor of it because I’d like parents to be able to decide what they want for their children.” Sung believes national political talking points seeped into what is supposed to be a local non-partisan election. “I wish her the very best of luck. I’ve spoken with her already,” Sung said. “I’ve never been asked to vote on curriculum or on standards for books as a trustee. And yet these are things that were on voter’s minds this cycle.” In addition to Wade replacing Sung, self-described Christian conservative Kendall Baker unseated Holly Maria Flynn Vilaseca by a razor-thin margin.

(Excerpt) Read more at khou.com ...