Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 825742 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #750 on: November 12, 2007, 10:47:27 AM »
I agree 1000000000000%.

i was at the gym on friday training back and the local spoiled brat high school kids were there in full force. they usually don't show up on fridays but for some reason they were everywhere. there was about 6 of them working out together and they were acting like the soldiers from 300, they were grunting and calling out lines from the movie. then they would flex their 130 pound bodies in the mirror. it was horrific, one of the many times in my life i wish i had my full auto AK47 with me, i could have done society some good. these little girls were throwing weights around and smacking each other on the chest after a BRUTAL set of 60 pound BB curls. i was in awe! my 140 pound DB rows were no match for these monsters.

i seriously think we should be able to bitch slap these brats. they ruin every gym and the management won't do shit.

8)
I understand where you're coming from with this...it's something that used to bother me a lot. But for the last little while, I've gotten to where I could care less. Sure, these kind of guys look like idiots, but hey, their just kids. As long as I can go to the gym, do my own thing without being bothered, I could care less what those clowns do.

I still stand by my proclamation that "stinky" people should be banned from the gym though! Having some day where you stink a little bit, fine, it happens. But every single time you step in the gym, start sweating just a tiny bit and smell like a rotten pile of cabbage and fish sticks, this is a problem!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #751 on: November 12, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
The funny part is I saw one of the kids who prompted my mini rant about the gym etiquette & such yesterday. He was a different person - very quiet & polite. He even asked me for a spot. Maybe they're only assholes when the travel in packs.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #752 on: November 12, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »
I understand where you're coming from with this...it's something that used to bother me a lot. But for the last little while, I've gotten to where I could care less. Sure, these kind of guys look like idiots, but hey, their just kids. As long as I can go to the gym, do my own thing without being bothered, I could care less what those clowns do.

Most of the time i can easily blow them off, but friday was different. they were so loud and abnoxious i honestly held myself back about 3 times from telling them to STFU. i even had my headphones on and could hear them slamming weights around and yelling. plus i use those weights for warmups sometimes and i don't wan't them all messed up, some of the DBs are bent from being thrown around. i tend to keep to myself and i don't say much to anyone at the gym but i wish the management would control these kids before someone gets hurt. i've seen these kids throw DB's 10 feet across the floor after some incline presses. if my leg gets hit by that DB, they will be talking out the side of their mouth the rest of their life.

Rim made a good point, i've seen these kids roll solo before and they are quiet little kids. it's when they are in groups that they act all stupid.

8)

Alex23

« Reply #753 on: November 12, 2007, 11:57:01 AM »
i was at the gym on friday training back and the local spoiled brat high school kids were there in full force. they usually don't show up on fridays but for some reason they were everywhere. there was about 6 of them working out together and they were acting like the soldiers from 300, they were grunting and calling out lines from the movie. then they would flex their 130 pound bodies in the mirror. it was horrific, one of the many times in my life i wish i had my full auto AK47 with me, i could have done society some good. these little girls were throwing weights around and smacking each other on the chest after a BRUTAL set of 60 pound BB curls. i was in awe! my 140 pound DB rows were no match for these monsters.

i seriously think we should be able to bitch slap these brats. they ruin every gym and the management won't do shit.
8)

Hahahaha I don't know where you train Overload but where I'm coming from, there's plenty of members on any day to keep these little afterschoolerz in check  8)

Why didn't you just parade around to initmidate them a little? That usually works..

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #754 on: November 12, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
Hahahaha I don't know where you train Overload but where I'm coming from, there's plenty of members on any day to keep these little afterschoolerz in check  8)

Why didn't you just parade around to initmidate them a little? That usually works..

Unfortunately i was training at a LA Fitness near River Oaks, Houston. one of the most expensive parts of Houston.

Not many bodybuilders here and it's overrun by soccer moms and out of shape 50 year old men with lots of money.

they wouldn't come within 50 feet of me. the kids in this area have too much money and a lawsuit would fuck me up for a long time. the days of grabbing kids by the collar of their shirt is over.

at my powerlifting gym they would have been thrown out in less than 5 minutes.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #755 on: November 12, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »
Most of the time i can easily blow them off, but friday was different. they were so loud and abnoxious i honestly held myself back about 3 times from telling them to STFU. i even had my headphones on and could hear them slamming weights around and yelling. plus i use those weights for warmups sometimes and i don't wan't them all messed up, some of the DBs are bent from being thrown around. i tend to keep to myself and i don't say much to anyone at the gym but i wish the management would control these kids before someone gets hurt. i've seen these kids throw DB's 10 feet across the floor after some incline presses. if my leg gets hit by that DB, they will be talking out the side of their mouth the rest of their life.

Rim made a good point, i've seen these kids roll solo before and they are quiet little kids. it's when they are in groups that they act all stupid.

8)
Yeah, I get what you're saying and it is irritating to say the least. Luckily for me, the gym I train at isn't plagued with these guys...it definitely has some ass clowns, but not too many and their not in there too often.

Now back in the day when I trained at the university rec center, that's a whole nother ball game...the idiots run wild in that place, lol!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #756 on: November 13, 2007, 04:42:35 AM »
Yeah I'm with Overload, I hate those punks.  I have screamed at a few......alright I was dieting.  Thats what they need though, cause their wishy-washy parents sure are not raising em right.

Usually I have found with the annoying brats once you lose it on them and they stay out of your way.  I'm far from a tough guy but do not want to deal with that kid shit during MY time in the gym.  I could care less if some other people there think I'm an ass for it....F*ck them too.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #757 on: November 13, 2007, 04:58:50 AM »
These kids have no fear of gettin their ass kicked these days,,,
To many Lawyers starting in the mid 1980s.

Shit, teachers used to still slap kids around BAD at school when I was in grade school.
They didnt get fired or sued. They became Admin.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #758 on: November 13, 2007, 05:52:15 AM »
I'm far from a tough guy but do not want to deal with that kid shit during MY time in the gym. 

Exactly!

i view going to the gym as a way for me to have time to myself to do what "I" truely enjoy! these little punks are ruining my time and that pisses me off.

Trab - that is why i don't want to get crazy with them. i'm sure they have rich fathers with enough money to slap a lawsuit on me for any stupid reason. i'm twice their size and that usually works against you in these cases.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #759 on: November 13, 2007, 08:40:07 AM »
Not to change the subject but are any of you guys into cigars? I like a good cigar about once or twice a week. I find it relaxing & for the past couple months things have been crazy so a 30-45 minute timeout is nice. Anyway, I highly recommend anthing by CAO or Gurkha - every cigar I've tried by them has been good.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #760 on: November 13, 2007, 09:26:01 AM »
Not to change the subject but are any of you guys into cigars? I like a good cigar about once or twice a week. I find it relaxing & for the past couple months things have been crazy so a 30-45 minute timeout is nice. Anyway, I highly recommend anthing by CAO or Gurkha - every cigar I've tried by them has been good.

No cigars but used to smoke cloves when I was out drinking!

Next day would be brutal and those fuckers would make me feel like shit more than the booze... :-X

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: November 13, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »

Ive only smoked a couple in my day. Keep the bugs off in the fishin' boat etc.

They have a biting taste on the lips.
I'd like to try one of the Cubans sometime and see whats the big deal.
Do you know what they go for in the states?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #762 on: November 13, 2007, 01:50:26 PM »

My college friends were really into them. i remember a few were pretty good but if i'm going to smoke something it better give me a high!

i think we smoked Macanudo's.

8)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #763 on: November 13, 2007, 02:38:14 PM »
My college friends were really into them. i remember a few were pretty good but if i'm going to smoke something it better give me a high!
i think we smoked Macanudo's.

8)

AMEN BROTHER! That is why I dabled with Cloves when I drank, at least I got a head-rush. Never liked the feeling off Cigars. Made my stomach feel like crap.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #764 on: November 13, 2007, 02:59:07 PM »
I like cigars but haven't had one in a long time...prob a year or so. About 3yrs ago I built a cigar bar here in my area and the owner of the store loaded me down with some cool stuff. Most of it I gave away but I did enjoy a few of them.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #765 on: November 13, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
So just how spendy are the Cubans?  ???
Anyone know?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
Hate the things they are disgusting.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: November 13, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »

Yes they smell HORID! Not at all like some Blonde Leb?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #768 on: November 13, 2007, 09:23:29 PM »
Since we're on the topic of "tobacco" and speaking of disgusting, tell me this isn't the grossest thing in the world.

Luv and Trab, I'm sure both of you can relate to this since you've both spent a good bit of time in the construction world...some of the weirdest and grossest things I've ever seen come from this world, lol!

Anyway, there is a woman who frequently delivers steel to our job sites....you don't see too many good looking women when you're in the construction field, but she's not that bad looking at all...and this is a rarity. But here's the kicker, every time she's come for a delivery, and I mean every single time, she has a huge dip in her mouth...plus the smell of it surrounds here. Oh baby, if this ain't sexy I don't know what is :-X

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: November 14, 2007, 04:45:56 AM »
Yes they smell HORID! Not at all like some Blonde Leb?

LOL

Since we're on the topic of "tobacco" and speaking of disgusting, tell me this isn't the grossest thing in the world.

Luv and Trab, I'm sure both of you can relate to this since you've both spent a good bit of time in the construction world...some of the weirdest and grossest things I've ever seen come from this world, lol!

Anyway, there is a woman who frequently delivers steel to our job sites....you don't see too many good looking women when you're in the construction field, but she's not that bad looking at all...and this is a rarity. But here's the kicker, every time she's come for a delivery, and I mean every single time, she has a huge dip in her mouth...plus the smell of it surrounds here. Oh baby, if this ain't sexy I don't know what is :-X

Man so many people smoke in construction its funny IMO.  It seems funny nowadays to see some douche smoking at work in a public type place around others.  Sometimes when I have to meet with these job foreman on a site they will pull out a smoke and start to smoke.  At that point I just walk away, I'm not gonna be around that shit.  Maybe they have learned a trick to get me to go away, start smoking LOL.  Well it works and I could care less, let em kill themselves both ways.

Another thing I was in the store and this huge, dirty, disheveled, fatass walks by me kind of close and I get hit with this stink of BO and cigarettes man gave me a headache.  Prick was probally smoking in his rusty 88 Taurus on the way in.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: November 14, 2007, 06:49:42 AM »
I despise cigarettes.

AJ, Ive seen lots of weird stuff, but a woman chewing?

Cigars dont tase anything like the smell, good thing or nobody would buy them.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #771 on: November 14, 2007, 08:00:37 AM »
I've seen a few women chew in my day, quite disgusting IMO.

i hate cigarettes with a passion, i think they are the most disgusting thing on this earth and people who smoke them are weak minded. they say they ease stress? well nicotine INCREASES stress levels, so quit smoking them...lol

i got in a big mess last year on a job site, long story short, we had some construction issues on a detention pond so i went out to see WTF they messed up. the head contractor walks up to me and stands about 2 feet from me, lights a cig and blows the smoke in my face, this guy didn't like the fact i was out there telling him what he was doing wrong. so i slapped the cig out of his hand, you should have seen the look on his face, fucking priceless.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #772 on: November 14, 2007, 10:09:56 AM »
I've seen a few women chew in my day, quite disgusting IMO.

i hate cigarettes with a passion, i think they are the most disgusting thing on this earth and people who smoke them are weak minded. they say they ease stress? well nicotine INCREASES stress levels, so quit smoking them...lol

i got in a big mess last year on a job site, long story short, we had some construction issues on a detention pond so i went out to see WTF they messed up. the head contractor walks up to me and stands about 2 feet from me, lights a cig and blows the smoke in my face, this guy didn't like the fact i was out there telling him what he was doing wrong. so i slapped the cig out of his hand, you should have seen the look on his face, fucking priceless.

8)

I got a friend thats the same on jobsites. Hes rude about teh cigs. He's big to. I think His HS shot-put record held for about 25yrs.
People dont tend to argue in the dirt with him and nobody around.  ;D

I gag 30ft downwind from them damn things.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #773 on: November 14, 2007, 10:47:12 AM »
Most importantly, all gym members should be required to wear deodorant at all times. if one wears deodorant yet still manages to smell like a steaming pot of cabbage, one should be required to carry a stick of deodorant with them in the gym at all times.

I think all gyms should put fire hoses inside and anyone that gets called out by 2 or more people for smelling like they just crawled out of Rossie O'Donnels a-hole should be hosed down for a period determined necessary to cleanse them of their heinous stench.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #774 on: November 14, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
These kids have no fear of gettin their ass kicked these days,,,
To many Lawyers starting in the mid 1980s.

Shit, teachers used to still slap kids around BAD at school when I was in grade school.
They didnt get fired or sued. They became Admin.

Haha, tell me about it.  I used to get paddled by the principle at least twice a month at my junior high.  I was in a private school at the time and this guy had this huge paddle with the holes drilled into it to reduce air friction when he was bringing it's fury down on your ass.  I think the big problem with kids today is that people don't control their kids, they don't punish them.  Punishment for a kid these days is being sent to his room, but the problem is that he's got a 50" plasma with an x-box and computer with high speed internet, wow what punishment.

When I was a kid my grandfather used to make me go pick out a switch from the bushes so he could beat the sh*t out of me with it.  If I came back with a switch that was too small, he'd make me go get a thicker one heh.