Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 822900 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #775 on: November 14, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »
Haha, tell me about it.  I used to get paddled by the principle at least twice a month at my junior high.  I was in a private school at the time and this guy had this huge paddle with the holes drilled into it to reduce air friction when he was bringing it's fury down on your ass.  I think the big problem with kids today is that people don't control their kids, they don't punish them.  Punishment for a kid these days is being sent to his room, but the problem is that he's got a 50" plasma with an x-box and computer with high speed internet, wow what punishment.

When I was a kid my grandfather used to make me go pick out a switch from the bushes so he could beat the sh*t out of me with it.  If I came back with a switch that was too small, he'd make me go get a thicker one heh.

No Kiddin, "Sent to your room" is better than a trip to Disney Land when I was a kid.

The schools are gettin kind of weird to. I need to deprogram some stuff out of my daughters head now and then.
"Airconditioners are destroying the Earth" dont you know?
"Hunters are responsible for endangered species".
Oh, and RACE  ::)  My daughter is 1/2 Asian, but by 2nd grade the PC race bullshit they try to program in their heads
was clearly BS even to her young brain....

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #776 on: November 14, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »
I got a friend thats the same on jobsites. Hes rude about teh cigs. He's big to. I think His HS shot-put record held for about 25yrs.
People dont tend to argue in the dirt with him and nobody around.  ;D

I gag 30ft downwind from them damn things.

i'm lucky i have a very intense personality, i usually don't catch much shit on a jobsite, plus i'm the district engineer so i can fuck their world up if i want to.

i've had a few construction guys get in my face but nothing physical. plus, i'm always right. ;)

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #777 on: November 14, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »
Haha, tell me about it.  I used to get paddled by the principle at least twice a month at my junior high.  I was in a private school at the time and this guy had this huge paddle with the holes drilled into it to reduce air friction when he was bringing it's fury down on your ass.  I think the big problem with kids today is that people don't control their kids, they don't punish them.  Punishment for a kid these days is being sent to his room, but the problem is that he's got a 50" plasma with an x-box and computer with high speed internet, wow what punishment.

When I was a kid my grandfather used to make me go pick out a switch from the bushes so he could beat the sh*t out of me with it.  If I came back with a switch that was too small, he'd make me go get a thicker one heh.

we had the same thing in school, that shit hurts!

when my dad said "you're about to get a whoopin" he meant with his fists...lol...i learned very quickly to keep my mouth shut and do what he said.

i'm going to raise my kids like the military. if they fuck up, they get to do physical labor, pushups, yard work...etc. non of this "go to your room with all your toys". i was digging ditches and fixing fences at 6 years old.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #778 on: November 14, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »

haha, this post brought back some memories, lol!

It was not uncommon for me to get paddled when I was in school, especially the good ole elementary days. But believe it or not I actually got paddled my senior year in high school the last wk of school, lol!

I got in a fight in the cafeteria and they took me and the other guy to the principles office. Now me and the principle were buddies because he was the head football coach before he became principle and he was just gong to let the whole thing slide. But oh no, one of the assistant principles hated my guts. She was ecstatic that she finally had me in there for something and she told the SRO that I should be arrested, lol! So the principle sent her out and said to me, "look, I've got to do something to calm this bitch down, how about detention for the rest of the wk?" I just said you got to be kidding me, detention the last wk of school, let alone my senior year! He said, well option 2 you can take a paddling. So yeah, I just went ahead and took the 3 licks. he beat the shit out of me with that thing. Like I said, we were kind of buddies and after the first lick I turned my head and looked at him and rolled my eyes...after that he laughed and said "oh this is funny?" and then he tore my ass up with the 2nd two, lol!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #779 on: November 14, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »
This was already posted in another thread on a differant section of the board but it's worth another look...especially since this thread has lacked quality pics lately.

This is F'n awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #780 on: November 14, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
I love stair photos of chicks  :P

If our HS principle or the vice had tried anything like that, they'd of got buried  ;D
THe VP was a big guy, but that wouldn't of flew. THe kids practically RAN our school. It just opened
and it was the 1970's and we pretty much got away with anything.

We had a lot of freedom, unbelievable by todays standards. It was beyond control.
Picture animal house HS but slightly detuned.

I'd prolly been better off to have quit and worked Full time for what I got out of it. No joke.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #781 on: November 14, 2007, 03:11:12 PM »
I love stair photos of chicks  :P

If our HS principle or the vice had tried anything like that, they'd of got buried  ;D
THe VP was a big guy, but that wouldn't of flew. THe kids practically RAN our school. It just opened
and it was the 1970's and we pretty much got away with anything.

We had a lot of freedom, unbelievable by todays standards. It was beyond control.
Picture animal house HS but slightly detuned.

I'd prolly been better off to have quit and worked Full time for what I got out of it. No joke.

High school was a joke...at least mine was...anything I learned educationally speaking came after high school. There was only a few things I cared about when I was in high school:

Beer
Girls
Football/Baseball
Fighting
Beer
Girls

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #782 on: November 14, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
OK, so I'm headed to the gym here in a few minutes, and I'm about to do something insanely retarded, lol! I've got a bet going with someone, so this is not something I would normally even attempt.

This is going to hurt like a bitch, but I'm dead set on pulling this off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: November 14, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
High school was a joke...at least mine was...anything I learned educationally speaking came after high school. There was only a few things I cared about when I was in high school:

Beer
Girls
Football/Baseball
Fighting
Beer
Girls

Yup, ours was crazy back in 76-79. They pretty much got used to the idea kids were gona smoke pot IN the school and just tried to sort of limit it. Plenty of alcohol to.
18yr old drinking age limit and not really enforced.

My class literly gave a new teacher a nervous breakdown, she totally cracked up and had to quit mid year.
You wouldnt believe the stuff 15-18 yr old guys got away with.
One teacher would sit in the back of the class to avoid flying objects. ;D

A outright ZOO. Great football team though! And they mostly partied hardy too.
We'd have like 15 1/2 barrel of beer parties out at farm sheds and gravel pits. The cops wouldnt even bust them up!
They'd just pull in and have a look see and make sure it wasn't too out of hand.
Even the cops didnt bust you for grass back then. They'd turn you loose with a open bottle of whiskey and a bong in a car if the driver was Ok.

Things have changed a little.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #784 on: November 14, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »

Beer
Girls
Football/Baseball
Fighting
Beer
Girls

What's wrong with that?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: November 14, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »
OK, so I'm headed to the gym here in a few minutes, and I'm about to do something insanely retarded, lol! I've got a bet going with someone, so this is not something I would normally even attempt.

This is going to hurt like a bitch, but I'm dead set on pulling this off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Details?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #786 on: November 14, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »
Details?
OK back already but it did not take long to do this, but it hurt like hell!

Was talking with my best friend this morning and it came up that I had legs to do today. We got to talking and just for fun I said pick a weight and reps you want and I'll get it...she said 405 for 8...I said come on are you serious, you can do better then that, because that ain't that big of a deal...I said 500 for 8 now that would be a big deal for me. Then she said, OK screw that, 150lbs for 200reps...I just laughed and she said, "oh no, you said I could pick and I'm dead serious!" I said I didn't think this was even remotely possible but I'd shoot for as many as I could get...needless to say I did not win the bet.

Here's how it went:

Did my calves first because I knew I wouldn't do any thing after the squats.

Warmed up with 4 sets of 20 single leg ext...very light weight.

Did 2 sets of moderate weight leg ext both legs sets of 15

Squats:

2 sets just the bar for 20
2 set 135 for 15
1 set of 225 for 15...did all this just to get my legs really loose and ready.

OK, the money set: 150lbs 110 reps...hardest thing I've ever done in my life and my legs feel like they are going to fall off. At rep number 47 it really really started to hurt, so I stopped for 5sec and just stood there...at around 80something did this again....and then finished off with 110. Didn't throw up but felt like I would...could hardly walk when it was over. Weird thing is my hamstrings hurt worse then my quads, lol!

Anyway, I'm happy with 110 reps. Obviously 150lbs on squats is nothing but that many reps, yeah, it's a major bitch.

Don't worry, this is not something I'm going to make a habit of...it was just for fun and it will be back to normal leg training from now on.

BTW, any takers on beating 110 reps with 150lbs? Will go with the honour system here.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: November 14, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »
AJ, I think you'll be one hurtin' guy tomorow.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #788 on: November 14, 2007, 06:08:52 PM »
AJ, I think you'll be one hurtin' guy tomorow.

Maybe, but I'm glad I did it...it was fun and enjoyable in a weird sicko way, lol!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: November 14, 2007, 06:10:55 PM »
Yes that should hurt pretty bad.  Might be good for shocking the muscles some for new found growth.  Nice job had to be hard to stay with it.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #790 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »
Yes that should hurt pretty bad.  Might be good for shocking the muscles some for new found growth.  Nice job had to be hard to stay with it.
Yeah, very hard...I think 500 for 8 would have been easier then this...although I don't think I could get that either right now...close but not quite.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #791 on: November 14, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »
No frickin way I am trying that...that is all you AJ!!

Have fun getting up and down off the can for the next few days!!

My legs are still sore from last weeks leg day....

HAMS
Lying Curls- 3 w/us, 3 sets
One Leg Curls- 3 sets
Seated Curls- 2 sets
Stiff DB- 3 sets

QUADS
Hacks- 3 w/u, 3 sets
Squats- 3 sets
Extensions- 3 sets

Walking DB Lunges- 25 paces one way, catch breath, 25 paces again. Rest and do again!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #792 on: November 14, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
No frickin way I am trying that...that is all you AJ!!

Have fun getting up and down off the can for the next few days!!

My legs are still sore from last weeks leg day....

HAMS
Lying Curls- 3 w/us, 3 sets
One Leg Curls- 3 sets
Seated Curls- 2 sets
Stiff DB- 3 sets

QUADS
Hacks- 3 w/u, 3 sets
Squats- 3 sets
Extensions- 3 sets

Walking DB Lunges- 25 paces one way, catch breath, 25 paces again. Rest and do again!
The biggest thing I don't like about DB lunges is that I can't go heavy enough to get a good feel in my legs. For instance, If I grab a heavy pair of DB's my arms will tire out way before my legs do.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #793 on: November 14, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »
Straps....

Walked with 80's and had no problem. I force myself to keep my torso upright and step far enough that my ham touches my calf.

My gym gets too crowded to try and manuver a barbell around. I would have to be like Ronnie and do them down the street.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #794 on: November 14, 2007, 07:31:02 PM »
BTW, any takers on beating 110 reps with 150lbs? Will go with the honour system here.

Hell no. Good work though.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #795 on: November 14, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
The biggest thing I don't like about DB lunges is that I can't go heavy enough to get a good feel in my legs. For instance, If I grab a heavy pair of DB's my arms will tire out way before my legs do.

Try working on your grip - that'll help a lot. One of my biggest problems since getting hurt in September has been getting my grip strength back. I'm still struggling with it now (almost three months now). A week or two ago I was doing deadlifts & I couldn't use over 225 & do more then three or four reps because I was losing my grip. It's slowly getting better but it still comes & goes.

You may want to try these: www.getgrippers.com (before my injury I was using the 200lb ones - now I'm back to the 150's).

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #796 on: November 14, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »

K Arnie I will try this out Friday as it is my leg day..I have to admit I will probably puke, but hell it's worth it. I remember a buddy of mine and I put 225 on the bar and went back and forth till we both fell. He would go and stop only when he couldn't get another rep in, then I would go, same thing. We did this exchange 5 times...I rolled out of the gym..got to my car and called my fiance to come pick me up as I could not push the clutch in on my car...I hurt for about 4 days straight...even got that wicked muscle spasam in the middle of the night..
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #797 on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:16 PM »
A couple times when i used to train at the gym that was about half a mile away I'd do some crazy shit for legs (100 reps sets & things like that) & then I'd throw in 20-30 minutes of cardio for good measure. However, I'd always seem to forget that I'd walk. Well by the time I'd get home I'd be crawling up the stairs to my apartment.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #798 on: November 14, 2007, 07:54:16 PM »
A couple times when i used to train at the gym that was about half a mile away I'd do some crazy shit for legs (100 reps sets & things like that) & then I'd throw in 20-30 minutes of cardio for good measure. However, I'd always seem to forget that I'd walk. Well by the time I'd get home I'd be crawling up the stairs to my apartment.

The best part is bro, we are all suckers for punishment and want to see how much more abuse our bodies can take..so we do it again or try for something just a little more of the hook than the last time.

Fitness training gets you the body... hardcore lifting gets you noticed..
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #799 on: November 14, 2007, 08:09:41 PM »
Stories like that make me wish I still had training partners (my wife doesn't count). It's hard to go too crazy by yourself. Man years ago I used to train with these guys & we do crazy 150-200 rep sets of curls & other stuff. Painful but fun in a sick way.