Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 823116 times)

trab

• Getbig V
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #850 on: November 16, 2007, 06:02:03 PM »
Do this leg stunt loaded up on Anadrol would be a treat.

How the calfs guys? Did it get them too?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #851 on: November 16, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
Do this leg stunt loaded up on Anadrol would be a treat.

How the calfs guys? Did it get them too?
Actually, this made it a bit harder. You know that drol can cause a really tight feeling in your lower back due to the water/bloat and on top of that the insane pumps it causes...and when you get into extreme high reps, I don't care how good your form is, your lower back is going to feel it...so multiply this x100 w/drol.

Didn't seem to effect the calves too much...at least not for me...the whole quad is sore, but the bottom portion is the most. And hams are pretty tight and sore, but the brunt of the soreness seems to be on the inside portion.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #852 on: November 16, 2007, 06:18:35 PM »
Actually, this made it a bit harder. You know that drol can cause a really tight feeling in your lower back due to the water/bloat and on top of that the insane pumps it causes...and when you get into extreme high reps, I don't care how good your form is, your lower back is going to feel it...so multiply this x100 w/drol.

Didn't seem to effect the calves too much...at least not for me...the whole quad is sore, but the bottom portion is the most. And hams are pretty tight and sore, but the brunt of the soreness seems to be on the inside portion.

Are you running some Drol? I thought you hate it? Sure gives some pumps though! Jaw muscles even get painfull chewing steak!  ;D

Oh, look inthe Natural area. All steroid users have Gyno and distended abs...  ::)
Dont know about you, but HGH is the #1 thing Ive found to get awesome abs. Fat incinorator.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #853 on: November 16, 2007, 07:05:49 PM »
Hey, I told you it was absolute hell...hardest thing you've ever done in the gym wasn't it?

How did it feel over all? Did the weight ever actually get heavy? When I did it the weight never got heavy, that was never the problem...just the unbelievable burning was what was the worst...that and just being absolutely worn out and breathing like you just sprinted 700yds at full speed, lol! And you're right, best leg pump ever.

Good news for you, if you're like me, the next 2 days, your legs will be in big time pain, ,lol!

I did back this afternoon and did some t-bar rows...getting that crap up off the ground was pretty tough considering how sore my legs were...but what can you do...we can bitch and moan...and yeah it does hurt, but there is undoubtedly a "sick" satisfaction with all that IMO.

BTW, if anyone can actually get 200reps with this, I'll send trab to your house and he'll blow you!!!!!!!

Besides the fitness chick last week, ya it was the hardest thing in the gym I have ever done...

The leg pump was insane, I would tend to agree I felt like I went from here to Detroit in an all sprint, I'm sure I was sucking the paint off the walls for how hard I was breathing. OMG it was intense, I just cam from upstairs and almost fell down the last 10 stairs...good god man...yes I'm not looking forwards to the pain for the next few days, but at the end when I see the growth I will undoubtedly do it again...maybe for 199 reps...I really don't need Trab on his knees for me...

As far as that "sick" feeling I'm pretty sure it was the pasta from the morning I ate before I went..but dude we all go nuts in our old ages...just some like to keep going. IMO that I have this urge to do it again next week...just to see if I can puke this time...sad huh?

Anyone got a chest routine like this, so my chest is so on fire I can't hug my girlfriend...looking for a reason not to...

Just spot me BITCH!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #854 on: November 16, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »
Are you running some Drol? I thought you hate it? Sure gives some pumps though! Jaw muscles even get painfull chewing steak!  ;D

Oh, look inthe Natural area. All steroid users have Gyno and distended abs...  ::)
Dont know about you, but HGH is the #1 thing Ive found to get awesome abs. Fat incinorator.

In the past any dbol or drol I've used was always UGL...these days though AJ is 100% pharma all the way...so thought I'd give that a go and see if things went smoother.

Even so, I guess I'll never know how well it works since Arnold jr. does not use any form of AAS or any other performance enhancing item...just lots of whey powder, fish oil.

Anyone got a chest routine like this, so my chest is so on fire I can't hug my girlfriend...looking for a reason not to...

Did this about 4yrs ago, not as hardcore as this squat thing, but it hurt.

*Find some DB that you can press on the incline for 10reps, not to failure but a few reps short of failure.

*Rest for 30sec and repeat. Repeat until you absolutely fail on 10 reps or at 9 or so.

*Drop down in weight but make sure you can get 8-10 reps.

*Do this until you have completed 10 full sets of incline DB press.

*Chest training over.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #855 on: November 17, 2007, 04:43:38 AM »
Like Slick Willie Clinton used to say "I feel your pain".  ;D

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #856 on: November 17, 2007, 04:59:06 AM »

*Find some DB that you can press on the incline for 10reps, not to failure but a few reps short of failure.

*Rest for 30sec and repeat. Repeat until you absolutely fail on 10 reps or at 9 or so.

*Drop down in weight but make sure you can get 8-10 reps.

*Do this until you have completed 10 full sets of incline DB press.

*Chest training over.

Basically,  don't make any plans for 2 days...lol
That's making my chest burn just reading this.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #857 on: November 17, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »
First workout in a week after getting sick. Did legs but didn't go crazy like Arnold. Maybe I'll do something nuts in a couple weeks once I'm 100%. Still a little winded to do too much cardio.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #858 on: November 19, 2007, 07:35:08 AM »
I don't know how many of you guys play cards but I went to a Hold'em tournament on Saturday. I played from 6:30PM-1:30AM (there was only an hour when I wasn't playing). I think if you play cards for six hours & only lose $20 it's not so bad.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #859 on: November 19, 2007, 08:55:05 AM »
Serious question: What's your all time favorite type of cheese?

Mine is a toss up between Munster & Pepperjack - I love them both too much to pick just one.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #860 on: November 19, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »

Mine is a toss up between Munster & Pepperjack - I love them both too much to pick just one.

Swiss.

We play alot of hold'em down here. i don't have much time to play but several of my friends play at the local bars in my area. i've only played a handful of times and i lost more than 20 each time...lol

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #861 on: November 19, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
Swiss.

We play alot of hold'em down here. i don't have much time to play but several of my friends play at the local bars in my area. i've only played a handful of times and i lost more than 20 each time...lol

8)

I know about a half dozen guys who have tournaments about every other week (20-50 people per tournament). I try to get into one about once a month. I've only finished in the money once - but I usually make it back in the side/cash games. Even when I don't finish in the money I usually make a respectable showing (top 25%).

I learned a new card game this weekend - HORSE. Interesting game(s). Can make some cash if you're good enough.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #862 on: November 19, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
Swisscheese, sharp chedar, Blue cheese with that yummy mold....

Damn cards are too risky... Cant I talk you guys into somthing safer like daytrading?
You can even screw off at your desk and do that too...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #863 on: November 19, 2007, 10:15:15 AM »

Depends on what accompanies the cheese?? Crackers = Cheddar, Sandwhiches = Provolone

Been getting into cards lately as well....hard not to pull an all nighter on line!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #864 on: November 19, 2007, 10:35:25 AM »

Serious question...not trying to be a jackass: what made you decide to ask this question?

Answer to your question, just plain Cheddar...a big fat ass block of it though!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #865 on: November 19, 2007, 10:44:34 AM »
Serious question...not trying to be a jackass: what made you decide to ask this question?

It is serious when you are stoned and enjoying a block of cheese and crackers  :D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #866 on: November 19, 2007, 11:01:35 AM »

I just made two badass grilled cheese sandwich's this weekend (each had bacon on it & one had munster & the other pepperjack). I couldn't decide which one was better as they were both amazing. I'm also feeling a lot better so I'm in a twisted mood I guess.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #867 on: November 19, 2007, 04:03:39 PM »
Holy shit! Training time!

AJ's got shoulders & traps 2night. What insanity will he bestow upon you this evening, lol?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #868 on: November 19, 2007, 05:31:24 PM »
Holy shit! Training time!

AJ's got shoulders & traps 2night. What insanity will he bestow upon you this evening, lol?

How about 250reps with 25lbs on the dumbbell press.  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #869 on: November 19, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »
How about 250reps with 25lbs on the dumbbell press.  ;D
hahaha, yeah, that would be pretty champion, lol!

Well, kept it pretty basic tonight:
Warm up for a good 15min...takes me longer on shoulders to warm up then any other body part.

BB press: 135lbs 3x15, 225lbs 10, 225lbs 9, 275lbs, only 4 reps should have been able to get at least 6 or so, but on the 4th one I went down a bit too far and my elbows buckled in.

Seated DB laterals: 25lbs 1x10, 30lbs 1x8 35lbs 1x8

Reverse pec dek: 120lbs 1x10, 140lbs 1x8, 150lbs, 1x7

Reverse BB shrugs: 2plates 1x10, 3plates 1x8

BB shrugs: 3 plates 1x12, 4plates 2x8

Not the best shoulder day, not the worst either. I haven't done my lateral raises seated in a while but it does make it a good bit harder...you sure can't go as heavy, but they do work very well IMO

On the reverse pec dek, not my favorite rear delt lift, but it's a nice mix up...I prefer just regular bent-over-db or bent-over cable's.

One thing that really irritates me is the shoulder press. I've been struggling with these for a long time...shoulders in terms of strength are my weakest body part by far. Doesn't make a lot of sense since size wise they are not all that bad, meaning I wouldn't consider them my most lagging body part. Anyway, I can not get past the weight I use on BB press to save my life...same with DB press. I can press the 100lb DB's fairly comfortably but I never go over that...just doesn't feel right. It just concerns me that something isn't right, because I shouldn't be stuck at the same poundage for so long IMO.

Now that guy I lift with sometimes, he keeps going up on the press...granted, he's a good 30lbs heavier then me, but shit, 365 for 8 on the BB press, that's man weight!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #870 on: November 20, 2007, 03:20:42 AM »
Not the best shoulder day, not the worst either. I haven't done my lateral raises seated in a while but it does make it a good bit harder...you sure can't go as heavy, but they do work very well IMO

I don't care for them seated. I like to do them one arm at a time with lighter weights. I can feel them a little more & IMO the muscle works harder. You also don't find yourself using momentum as much.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #871 on: November 20, 2007, 06:44:13 AM »
Arnold, you are wearing yourself out before you get to the man weights.

try this...

135 - 3 sets of 8
185 - 1 set of 5
225 - 1 set of 5
275 - 1 set to failure
295 - same

you are exhausting your muscles before you put the weight on there. i have the same problem. i never go over 5 reps until my "working sets".

just a suggestion...

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #872 on: November 20, 2007, 07:03:34 AM »
I actually did dumbbell presses for the first time since my injury. Felt pretty good but man I still don't trust myself with a dumbbell over 50lbs. I've still got some numbness & I had to lose my grip.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #873 on: November 20, 2007, 10:31:14 AM »

try this...

135 - 3 sets of 8
185 - 1 set of 5
225 - 1 set of 5
275 - 1 set to failure
295 - same

you are exhausting your muscles before you put the weight on there. i have the same problem. i never go over 5 reps until my "working sets".

just a suggestion...

8)
Yeah, I understand what you're saying...but shoulder press is the only lift that I do that much "warm up" sets for...it takes forever for me to get comfortable on military press.

Sometimes I'll do my laterals first, and this does help a good deal. Of course then you are a little more tired once you start pressing, but at least you're not doing 75 warm up sets.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #874 on: November 20, 2007, 09:39:27 PM »

try this...

135 - 3 sets of 8
185 - 1 set of 5
225 - 1 set of 5
275 - 1 set to failure
295 - same

just a suggestion...

8)

I have found on my first excersise it is important to work up slow, but Im  a little older than most you guys.  This warms up the joints and tendons for the heavier weight. Yes might not get the biggest top set but you will still be exhausting the muscle.  I alway7s get a kick when I see a guy start their first or secong set with a heavy weight and no warm up sets.

See the thing is Overload trains mainly for power, I think.  From what I have found in BB it is not really all about the weight.  But I still sometimes will do a set or two thats a 5-6 rep max, but not every work out, most of the sets i do now are in the 10-15 range, dont get me wrong when I say lighter does not mean light, at least for me LOL.