Author Topic: Would be refreshing if this way of thinking becomes mainstream  (Read 2698 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/intellectual-dark-web.html

The core members have little in common politically. Bret and Eric Weinstein and Ms. Heying were Bernie Sanders supporters. Mr. Harris was an outspoken Hillary voter. Ben Shapiro is an anti-Trump conservative.

But they all share three distinct qualities. First, they are willing to disagree ferociously, but talk civilly, about nearly every meaningful subject: religion, abortion, immigration, the nature of consciousness. Second, in an age in which popular feelings about the way things ought to be often override facts about the way things actually are, each is determined to resist parroting what’s politically convenient. And third, some have paid for this commitment by being purged from institutions that have become increasingly hostile to unorthodox thought — and have found receptive audiences elsewhere.

People who refuse to get tied into a Right or left, Democrat or Republican way of thinking and just want the truth.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Would be refreshing if this way of thinking becomes mainstream
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:50:03 AM »
The New York Times can eat shit.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:07:39 AM »
The New York Times can eat shit.

Kind of dashes the hope for independent thought when things like this happen.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »
Kind of dashes the hope for independent thought when things like this happen.

The New York Times cares fuck-all about independent thought.  It's a far left rag.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:55:24 AM »
As long as demoncrats are rioting in the streets and reacting with violence when something happens they don't like, there will never be open discussion.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
As long as demoncrats are rioting in the streets and reacting with violence when something happens they don't like, there will never be open discussion.

Truth.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 04:02:25 PM »
Yes, some are doing that.
But plenty of dems are NOT.

You've got me, Straw and Agnostic to debate with , right here on this forum.
Unfortunately Straw is useless to debate with, Agnostic can be reasonable sometimes but he wants my guns, so fuck that guy and you....you're too scatterbrained to debate.

**fart noise*** (Howard snickers and laughs for 10 minutes)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »
Unfortunately Straw is useless to debate with, Agnostic can be reasonable sometimes but he wants my guns, so fuck that guy and you....you're too scatterbrained to debate.

**fart noise*** (Howard snickers and laughs for 10 minutes)

;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »
In order for this to work.... in real life... it takes people willing to move out of their comfort zone and consider listening to people they normally wouldn't. For me it would be Ben Shapiro. But for Getbig, not a chance in hell.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 07:17:49 PM »
Obviously you don't like the NY Times. Ok?

Surely you can find ONE source on the other side you'd read or watch?

The left has gone so far left that I wouldn't know where to go to find a moderate "classic liberal" to read or watch.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/intellectual-dark-web.html

The core members have little in common politically. Bret and Eric Weinstein and Ms. Heying were Bernie Sanders supporters. Mr. Harris was an outspoken Hillary voter. Ben Shapiro is an anti-Trump conservative.

But they all share three distinct qualities. First, they are willing to disagree ferociously, but talk civilly, about nearly every meaningful subject: religion, abortion, immigration, the nature of consciousness. Second, in an age in which popular feelings about the way things ought to be often override facts about the way things actually are, each is determined to resist parroting what’s politically convenient. And third, some have paid for this commitment by being purged from institutions that have become increasingly hostile to unorthodox thought — and have found receptive audiences elsewhere.

People who refuse to get tied into a Right or left, Democrat or Republican way of thinking and just want the truth.

This article makes me want to hold hands and sing "we are the children" but for...Ben Shapiro is not an "anti trump" conservative. He's a bit holier than thou and whiny, but anti trump? Not a chance. As per usual, the Times has it wrong.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 06:42:51 AM »
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-lies-ben-shapiro-cpac-816975

https://www.dailywire.com/videos/3733/ben-shapiro-donald-trump-liar-ben-shapiro

I subscribe to the daily wire podcast and listen to BS's show live every day. Cherry picking a newsweek article and 5 minute youtube clip doesn't change the facts on the ground. Shapiro supported cruz until the primary ended. For most conservatives, that is par for the course.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 09:22:51 AM »
I subscribe to the daily wire podcast and listen to BS's show live every day. Cherry picking a newsweek article and 5 minute youtube clip doesn't change the facts on the ground. Shapiro supported cruz until the primary ended. For most conservatives, that is par for the course.
He isn't anti trump in the way they are using it but he did not vote for Trump in the election. He is generally fair but sometimes seems to let his emotions get the better of him with Trump, making a big deal out of pretty pointless things. He and Bongino are the only two podcasts I listen to.

He has also said that he has governed in the most conservative manner since Reagan, I believe, so he is not "anti-trump" in the way they are portraying it to be.

He commented on this article but didn't seem to take offense to that term, though. Curious if knowing what he knows now if he would vote for him or not or would choose someone like Rubio over him.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
He isn't anti trump in the way they are using it but he did not vote for Trump in the election. He is generally fair but sometimes seems to let his emotions get the better of him with Trump, making a big deal out of pretty pointless things. He and Bongino are the only two podcasts I listen to.

He has also said that he has governed in the most conservative manner since Reagan, I believe, so he is not "anti-trump" in the way they are portraying it to be.

He commented on this article but didn't seem to take offense to that term, though. Curious if knowing what he knows now if he would vote for him or not or would choose someone like Rubio over him.

I don't disagree with you. If BS ever endorsed a swamp rat like Rubio, I would stop taking him seriously.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »
I don't disagree with you. If BS ever endorsed a swamp rat like Rubio, I would stop taking him seriously.

Trump exposed Rubio for the complete lightweight that he is.

Completely buried him in front of the entire world via the debate and funny quips to the press afterward.