Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 180041 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #625 on: June 21, 2021, 11:21:22 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #626 on: June 28, 2021, 08:06:22 PM »
He better watch out.  The left will cancel him too. 

Bill Maher Slams 'Outrageous' Facebook and Google for Suppressing Lab Leak Theory
By Mike Miller | Jun 26, 2021
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2021/06/26/bill-maher-slams-outrageous-facebook-and-google-for-suppressing-lab-leak-theory-n402887

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: July 12, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
WORST Censorship in June: 5 Ways Big Tech Silenced the American People
Casey Ryan
July 7th, 2021
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/free-speech/casey-ryan/2021/07/07/worst-censorship-june-5-ways-big-tech-silenced-american

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: July 15, 2021, 11:38:54 AM »
BREAKING: White House admits they are aiding social media companies with censorship
JUL. 15, 2021 2:01 PM BY THE RIGHT SCOOP

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki admitted today that the White House is actually flagging posts and asking social media companies such as Facebook to remove the posts that they claim have COVID misinformation:

Steve Herman
@W7VOA
·
1h
"We are in regular touch with the social media platforms" about #COVID19-related misinformation, says
@PressSec
. "We're flagging problematic posts for Facebook."

Steve Herman
@W7VOA
·
1h
"There's about 12 people that are producing 65%" of anti-vaccine information and they remain active on
@Facebook
, according to
@Facebook
, adding that the
social media company "needs to move quickly" to remove such posts.

I know the media and the left are going to collectively yawn at this revelation, but imagine for a second if this was Kayleigh McEnany revealing that the Trump administration was flagging posts for removal from social media companies. This would be a huge scandal and social media companies would have to come and apologize for working with the Trump administration to censor people. Of this I have no doubt.

In fact McEnany has already issued a comment on this revelation, making a great point by suggesting that the White House is actually bolstering Trump’s chances of winning his Big Tech lawsuit:

Kayleigh McEnany
@kayleighmcenany

Interesting! Here is the White House (probably unwittingly)  bolstering President Trump’s Big Tech lawsuit, alleging these companies have become pseudo-government actors!

“We're flagging problematic posts for Facebook that spread disinformation."

She’s exactly right. Big Tech social media companies have become regulators of speech and thus, by working with the White House, are in effect government actors. One might argue this violates the first amendment, in that the government shall not abridge or curtail freedom of speech.

Go get ’em Trump!

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-white-house-admits-they-are-aiding-social-media-companies-with-censorship/

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: July 15, 2021, 04:34:08 PM »
I've posted links and know many others have as well.
Some , like Dos Equis, do so with a serious use to back a claim.

No surprise, but I rarely click on the link or watch attached videos.
I wonder how many others actually READ the linked articles.

I don't probably 90% of the time.

Ya know, I post and interact on here for some entertainment and to see where the "other side" is.
if that makes me a lazy hack , fine. I've tried being serious a few times and it was a pointless effort.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: July 15, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
I've posted links and know many others have as well.
Some , like Dos Equis, do so with a serious use to back a claim.

No surprise, but I rarely click on the link or watch attached videos.
I wonder how many others actually READ the linked articles.

I don't probably 90% of the time.

Ya know, I post and interact on here for some entertainment and to see where the "other side" is.
if that makes me a lazy hack , fine. I've tried being serious a few times and it was a pointless effort.

When you say you've tried being serious a few times, I hope you're talking terms of Getbig and not your entire life.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: July 15, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »

if that makes me a lazy hack , fine.

Every once in a while, "Howard" speaks the truth.  When will you start deleting your posts again?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2021, 12:13:00 AM »
Judicial Watch Files Civil Rights Lawsuit for High School Teacher Fired for Facebook Posts Criticizing Chicago Riots, Looting, and Violence in the Aftermath of George Floyd Killing
JULY 20, 2021
JUDICIAL WATCH

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit on behalf of Palatine, Illinois tenured high school teacher Jeanne Hedgepeth, who was fired by the suburban-Chicago school district where she had worked for 20 years after posting comments on Facebook criticizing the riots, violence, and shootings in Chicago in the aftermath of the May 25, 2020, killing of George Floyd. Hedgepeth made the posts on her personal Facebook page while vacationing after the end of the school year, just as some of the most severe violence was occurring. In her posts, Hedgepeth recommended studying Thomas Sowell, whom she described as a “treasure” and a “truth seeker,” and praised political commentator and activist Candice Owens and talk show host Larry Elder. She alleges that the firing violated her First Amendment rights.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, seeks damages from the school district, Township High School District 211, and district board members and officials who participated directly in the firing (Hedgepeth v. Britton et al. (Case No. 1:21-cv-03890)).

The lawsuit explains:

In late May and early June 2020, Hedgepeth was vacationing in Florida after the end of the 2019-20 school year when violent street protests, rioting, looting, and shootings erupted in Chicago and many other U.S. cities in the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 by Minneapolis police officers. In Chicago alone, 82 persons were shot, 19 fatally, over the May 30-31, 2020 weekend. On May 31, 2020, which the Chicago Sun Times described as the most violent day Chicago had seen in 60 years, Mayor Lori Lightfoot asked Governor J.B. Pritzker to deploy the Illinois National Guard in the city. 

That same day, May 31, 2020, Hedgepeth posted the following photos of herself on the beach in Florida along with the comment, “I don’t want to go home tomorrow. Now that the civil war has begun I want to move.”

An individual responded, “Follow your gut! Move!!!!!!!!!”  Hedgepeth answered, “I need a gun and training.” The individual replied, “me too!”

Another individual posted a meme that same day suggesting that the riots could be stopped with a septic tank truck and a pressure cannon. Hedgepeth reposted the meme, obviously in jest, adding, “You think this would work?”

On or about June 1, 2020, Hedgepeth posted the following comment on Facebook in the course of an exchange of posts begun the previous day with a third individual:

I am about facts, truth seeking and love. I will speak on any topic I choose because I live in a free country. I find the term “white privilege” as racist as the “N” word. You have not walked in my shoes either so do not make assumptions about me and my so called privilege. You think America is racist? Then you have been hoodwinked by the white liberal establishment and race baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.  Travel the world and go see that every nation has racism and some more than others but few make efforts such as we do to mitigate or eliminate it. I have lived and seen. The people I am informed by about the black experience in America are actually some of the smartest people in America.  And it so happens they are black. I highly recommend studying Thomas Sowell, who is now retired and in his 80’s. A treasure. A truth seeker. [D ]oes REAL research and analysis. Candice Owens is one of the smartest and most courageous women in America and Larry Elders speaks the truth with a great sense of humor and FACTS not feelings. They are who I listen to when it comes to facts about the black experience in America.  Don’t you think there is a deeper problem than racism when 50% of murders in America are committed by 13% of the population? Do you think there might be a subtle genocide of black babies when most planned parenthoods are put in poor neighborhoods and that 30% of abortions are black babies. [B ]lack women only make up 7% of the U.S. population. The greatest power you have is what you believe about yourself. [W]hat have Democrats, mainstream media and intellectuals in ivory towers been telling the black community to believe about themselves for forty years? Wake up and stop believing them, then things will change.

All of Hedgepeth’s posts were on her personal Facebook page. None of Hedgepeth’s posts identified her as a teacher or a District 211 employee, nor did Hedgepeth post them in her capacity as a teacher or a District 211 employee. None of the persons with whom Hedgepeth exchanged Facebook posts were current District 211 or Palatine High School teachers, staff, or students.

Upon returning from her vacation in early June 2020, Hedgepeth learned that the school district was investigating her for her Facebook posts. She was fired by the school board six weeks later, on July 16, 2020, by a vote of 5-2. In her defense, Hedgepeth noted that the posts were on her personal Facebook page and were made “out of school.” She also expressly invoked her First Amendment rights.

“The school district took what could have been a teachable moment about respecting diversity of viewpoints and turned it into a clear civil rights violation,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “Jeanne Hedgepeth had every right to express herself freely and openly on her personal Facebook page, outside of school, about matters of undeniable public concern. Firing her for opposing lawlessness, speaking out about gun rights, praising black conservatives, and criticizing Democrats and tenets of Critical Racial Theory violated the First Amendment, and the school district and district officials who did so will be held accountable.”

Judicial Watch is being assisted by attorney Christine Svenson of Palatine, Illinois.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/civil-rights-lawsuit-teacher/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=press_release

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: August 09, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
Conservative Radio Personality Erick Erickson Suspended From Twitter
Autumn Johnson
August 7th, 2021

Twitter has temporarily suspended conservative radio personality Erick Erickson for tweeting that Laurel Hubbard “is a man.”

. . .

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/free-speech/autumn-johnson/2021/08/07/conservative-radio-personality-erick-erickson-suspended

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: August 11, 2021, 06:47:50 PM »
American Booksellers Association Implements New ‘Oversight’ To Prevent Accidentally Promoting Authors Like Candace Owens
‘It was a terrible mistake with terrible racist implications’
By  Megan Basham
Aug 11, 2021   DailyWire.com
https://www.dailywire.com/news/american-booksellers-association-implements-new-oversight-to-prevent-accidentally-promoting-authors-like-candace-owens?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: August 18, 2021, 08:38:21 PM »
Carrie Underwood Slammed For Liking Tweet Against School Mask Mandates
The 38-year-old showed support for a tweet by Matt Walsh where he lambasts mask mandates in Tennessee schools as “utterly insane.”
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carrie-underwood-anti-mask-mandate-tweet_n_611d1bbbe4b0e5b5d8e55cdb

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2021, 09:36:38 PM »
The liberal censorship is insane

And only getting worse.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2021, 09:39:19 PM »
Big Tech, woke finance crack down on Flynn, Gateway Pundit, Berenson in cancel culture purge
In recent days, Twitter permanently banned independent journalist Alex Berenson, Google demonetized The Gateway Pundit from its ad network, and Chase Bank canceled the credit cards of retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.
By Just the News staff
Updated: August 29, 2021

With national attention riveted over the weekend on two major stories — the frantic U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan amid its fall to the Taliban and category 4 Hurricane Ida slamming into the Louisiana coast — Big Tech and woke finance dramatically extended the reach of cancel culture with brazen moves to silence and harass three high-profile voices of political and scientific dissent: independent journalist Alex Berenson, popular conservative news and opinion website The Gateway Pundit, and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

On Saturday, Twitter permanently banned Alex Berenson, who has built a large social media following challenging public health establishment orthodoxy on COVID issues ranging from lockdown to vaccine mandates.

"The account you referenced has been permanently suspended for repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation rules," a Twitter spokesperson responded to an inquiry from Fox News.

"Goodbye Twitter," Berenson headlined the announcement of his banning on his Substack page.

"This was the tweet that did it," he wrote above a screen capture of the post that apparently triggered his purge from the dominant microblogging platform. "Entirely accurate. I can't wait to hear what a jury will make of this."

In his original offending tweet on the the COVID vaccine, Berenson wrote: "It doesn't stop infection. Or transmission. Don't think of it as a vaccine. Think of it — at best — as a therapeutic with a limited window of efficacy and terrible side effect profile that must be dosed IN ADVANCE OF ILLNESS. And we want to mandate it? Insanity."

Twitter has been criticized for anti-conservative viewpoint bias and censorship, including permanently banning former President Trump following the Jan. 6 Capitol breach, citing the platform's policies on incitement to violence.

Twitter has consistently denied charges of ideologically selective censorship of user content.

Meanwhile, on Thursday search and online advertising giant Google took aim at The Gateway Pundit, a conservative online news and opinion site that is ranked in the top 200 of U.S. websites according to Alexa and in the top 50 of English language news websites, according to a study prepared for media industry news site PressGazette.

"Google demonetized the Gateway Pundit from their ad network," the site's founder and editor Jim Hoft reported on Saturday.

"We're emailing you to let you know that we've repeatedly found content on one of your sites that violates our Google Publisher Policies," the search giant notified Gateway Pundit's legal department. "As a result we'll be disabling ad serving on the site ... in 4 business days, on 09/012021."

In explaining its move, Google cited two categories of violations: "Dangerous or derogatory content" and "Misreprentative — Unreliable and harmful claims."

"The Gateway Pundit has an outstanding record of accurately reporting the top news stories of the day," Hoft shot back. "Because of our continued success and our honest conservative bent we are regularly censored."

Loss of revenue from Google Ads can be a severe blow to a digital news site, given the platform's commanding position within the online advertising marketplace.

"For the record," wrote Hoft, "the Google advertising platform is one of the largest ad networks on the internet. So now Google is not only censoring and shadowbanning conservatives, they are taking away their ad money.

"Google is truly one of the most dangerous companies in the world today."

The third victim of the weekend purge was former Trump National Security Adviser and director of the Defense Intelligence Agency during the Obama administration Michael Flynn, who posted to his Telegram account a notice from Chase Bank notifying him of the cancellation his credit cards.

"After careful consideration, we decided to close your credit cards on September 18, 2021 because continuing the relationship creates possible reputational risk to our company," read the terse update from the Cardmember Services division of Chase, the banking subsidiary of financial services behemoth JPMorgan Chase.

"Chase Bank has gone full blown woke!" Flynn posted in reply.

"They need to deal with their own reputation instead of persecuting my family and I," Flynn said, alluding to JPMorgan's agreement to pay $920 million to resolve federal wire fraud charges against the company for its role in separate criminal schemes to defraud the precious metals and U.S. Treasuries markets.

"DOJ dropped my case for their own egregious government misconduct, appears you weren't that lucky with the DOJ," Flynn chided. "I guess my America First political views don't align with yours."

https://justthenews.com/accountability/cancel-culture/cancel-culture-chooses-news-filled-weekend-unleash-its-power

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2021, 06:52:15 PM »
The left treats people like children who aren't able to think for themselves.  They believe you need to be protected from viewpoints they disagree with. 

Alex Berenson Permanently Banned from Twitter for Challenging COVID Vaccine Orthodoxy
The data suggests that Berenson wasn’t spreading “misinformation” and was merely providing context and insight that went against the preferred narrative
Posted by Leslie Eastman Monday, August 30, 2021
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/08/alex-berenson-permanently-banned-from-twitter-for-challenging-covid-vaccine-orthodoxy/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: September 07, 2021, 11:21:55 AM »
Gaming Company CEO Ousted After Tweeting Support For Texas Law Protecting Unborn Babies
SEPTEMBER 7, 2021
By Jordan Davidson
https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/07/gaming-software-ceo-ousted-after-tweeting-support-for-texas-law-protecting-unborn-babies/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: September 17, 2021, 10:25:08 AM »
WORST Censorship in August: 5 Ways Big Tech Silenced Online Discussion
Casey Ryan
September 3rd, 2021
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/free-speech/casey-ryan/2021/09/03/worst-censorship-august-5-ways-big-tech-silenced-online

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #641 on: October 04, 2021, 03:00:03 PM »
Twitter slammed for fact-checking Seattle mom’s obituary that mentioned COVID vaccine
By Emily Crane
October 4, 2021
https://nypost.com/2021/10/04/twitter-criticized-for-fact-checking-seattle-moms-obituary/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: October 14, 2021, 05:22:20 AM »
Katie Couric Edited Out Controversial Comments By RBG On Kneeling Protests: Book
In her new book, the journalist reveals she held back remarks by Ruth Bader Ginsburg on athletes kneeling in protest during the anthem to “protect” the late justice.
By Sarah Ruiz-Grossman
10/13/2021
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/katie-couric-book-ruth-bader-ginsburg-kneeling-protests_n_616755e8e4b065a5496f7184

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: October 25, 2021, 01:15:19 PM »
Facebook employees tried to suppress conservative news outlets, report shows
By Mark Moore
October 24, 2021
https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/facebook-employees-told-to-brace-for-more-disclosures/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: November 01, 2021, 05:42:14 PM »
WaPost won't publish full Trump response due to 'unrelated, inflammatory claims'
BY DOMINICK MASTRANGELO - 11/01/21
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/579355-washington-post-decides-not-to-publish-full-trump-response-to-series-due-to

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2021, 05:57:51 PM »
WaPost won't publish full Trump response due to 'unrelated, inflammatory claims'
BY DOMINICK MASTRANGELO - 11/01/21
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/579355-washington-post-decides-not-to-publish-full-trump-response-to-series-due-to

You mean the media organization whose slogan is "Democracy Dies in Darkness"?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: November 09, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »
Rep. Issa unloads on YouTube for removing his speech: 'They're making decisions based on who says something'
In his speech, Issa touted the superiority of American vaccines against COVID-19
By Peter Hasson | Fox News

Harvard Medical School's Dr. Martin Kulldorff and Stanford Medical School's Dr. Jay Bhattacharya react to their opinions on children not wearing masks being censored by YouTube.

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., tore into YouTube after the site removed a speech he gave. In a phone interview with Fox News, Issa cited the censorship as proof that its algorithms are biased against conservatives. 

YouTube alleged that Issa's speech violated its rules against anti-vaccine misinformation, even though the only reference to vaccines that Issa made in the speech was to tout the superiority of the American COVID-19 vaccines over the Russian Sputnik vaccine.

The American vaccines are widely acknowledged to be superior to the Russian version, which U.S. authorities don't count toward its immunization requirements for foreign nationals seeking to enter the country.

Issa gave the speech in July at the EDGE2021 conference in Las Vegas, a highly respected government technology conference. Issa's office only recently found out that the speech was removed.

"The speech was about data and was a very nonpartisan speech… I used the analogy that just like the original Sputnik, when the Russians were first and we were better, they came out with their vaccine first but ours was better," Issa told Fox News.

Issa noted that news outlets have consistently reported the superiority of the American vaccines over the Russian version. "They don't take down the AP, they don't take down the NYT, but they will take down Darrell Issa for a completely benign statement that our product was better," he said.

Rep. Darrell Issa
@repdarrellissa
In my now-censored speech, I pointed out that Russia’s vaccine program was inferior to Operation Warp Speed. And the Russians repeatedly exaggerated their vaccine’s effectiveness every time another country launched a better one.

Is any free speech on vaccines allowed?
12:08 PM · Nov 9, 2021·Twitter Web App

The California Republican also took issue with the fact that his speech was censored for being anti-vaccine, when the remark in question was touting the superiority of America's vaccines.

"The fact that they're sort of calling me a vaccine-denier when I'm talking about our product being better than a product from a country that didn't have third-party review is a pretty amazing level of scrutiny, and I think it shows just how much they're making decisions based on who says something, not what they say."

Google, YouTube's parent company, didn't immediately return Fox News' request for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-issa-unloads-youtube-removing-speech

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #647 on: November 11, 2021, 06:05:48 AM »
Progressives Demand ‘Mistrial’ Over Rittenhouse Judge’s ‘God Bless The U.S.A.’ Ringtone
daily wire ^
Posted on 11/11/2021, 8:10:25 AM by

Democratic boosters and others called for a mistrial in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse after Judge Bruce Schroeder cell phone went off mid-hearing, playing “God Bless The U.S.A.”

Schroeder’s phone went off momentarily in court on Wednesday and the judge’s mic picked up his ringtone, broadcasting it to the courtroom and those watching the proceedings online. Schroeder, appearing annoyed, immediately silenced his phone and moved on with the trial.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: November 11, 2021, 08:02:15 AM »

YouTube has announced it will hide ‘dislikes’ from videos to curb “creator harassment,” with critics pointing out that this is merely a way of removing the huge amount of downvotes on videos posted by the Biden administration.

https://summit.news/2021/11/10/youtube-hides-dislikes-following-mass-downvoting-of-biden-administration-videos/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: November 29, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »
“Rittenhouse Should Pay for his Crimes”: ASU Students Demand the Expulsion of Kyle Rittenhouse
November 28, 2021
https://jonathanturley.org/2021/11/28/rittenhouse-should-pay-for-his-crimes-asu-students-demand-the-expulsion-of-kyle-rittenhouse/