Author Topic: Governor Ron DeSantis  (Read 25328 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Governor Ron DeSantis
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2021, 08:42:54 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2021, 01:18:54 PM »
Florida strips schools of federal funding over mandatory mask policies
Biden Department of Education warns of federal enforcement action against state.
By Colton Salaz
Updated: October 27, 2021
https://justthenews.com/government/federal-agencies/florida-strips-schools-federal-funding-over-mandatory-mask-policies

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2021, 01:50:36 PM »
Florida files lawsuit against Biden administration over COVID vaccine mandates
By Spectrum News Staff Florida
PUBLISHED Oct. 28, 2021
https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2021/10/28/florida-files-lawsuit-against-biden-administration-over-covid-vaccine-mandates

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2021, 02:05:18 PM »
October 26, 2021 Percentage of COVID cases by state. Somebody's lying. Could it be Florida's governor?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2021, 10:11:59 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2021, 05:20:24 PM »
Gov. DeSantis signs legislation prohibiting COVID vaccine mandates in Florida
by WEAR staff Thursday, November 18th 2021
https://weartv.com/news/local/gov-desantis-signs-legislation-prohibiting-covid-vaccine-mandates-in-florida

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2021, 08:56:44 AM »
Psaki attacks DeSantis over Disney ending its vaccine mandate
DeSantis signed four bills last week requiring private employers to allow vaccine exemptions
By Michael Lee | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psaki-attacks-desantis-over-disney-ending-vaccine-mandate

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2021, 08:59:15 PM »
Gov. DeSantis signs legislation prohibiting COVID vaccine mandates in Florida
by WEAR staff Thursday, November 18th 2021
https://weartv.com/news/local/gov-desantis-signs-legislation-prohibiting-covid-vaccine-mandates-in-florida

How do you defend a governor that poses his will on say Cruise ships that He says can't implement their own cautions against a deadly virus?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2021, 02:10:40 PM »
How do you defend a governor that poses his will on say Cruise ships that He says can't implement their own cautions against a deadly virus?

Because, like Governor DeSantis, I believe the individual liberty part of the Constitution actually means something.  No, private companies should not be able to force any individual to take an experimental vaccine, particularly when the vaccine does not prevent you from either getting or transmitting the virus.  Vaccine mandates are not following the science.   

And your "deadly virus" comment is not intellectually honest.  You know good and well this is not a "deadly virus" outside of a discrete population:  the elderly with comorbidities, immunocompromised people, and the obese.  Outside that demographic, you have almost a 100 percent survival rate. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2021, 04:21:01 PM »
Trump-DeSantis in 2024? Former president suggests it’s a ticket that could work
In Florida, DeSantis has a job-approval rating of 56% and double-digit leads over his Democratic challengers.
By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
December 14, 2021
https://justthenews.com/nation/states/trump-desantis-would-be-good-vice-president-me-2024

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2022, 11:48:25 PM »
DeSantis' Democrat challenger compares him to Hitler: 'In a lot of ways'
Nikki Fried, 44, claimed 'I saw the rise of Hitler'
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-desantis-democrat-challenger-compares-hitler

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2022, 11:06:37 PM »
Florida First Lady Casey DeSantis Now Cancer-Free
The first lady’s breast cancer diagnosis was made public in October
By NBC 6 • Published March 3, 2022
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-first-lady-casey-desantis-now-cancer-free/2705124/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2022, 04:21:28 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2022, 08:51:35 PM »

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »
DeSantis' Democrat challenger compares him to Hitler: 'In a lot of ways'
Nikki Fried, 44, claimed 'I saw the rise of Hitler'
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-desantis-democrat-challenger-compares-hitler

It lets you know how desperate the Dems are here in Florida. For the first time ever, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. 2018 marked the first time in at least a century that both FL's Senators were GOP. The left is hardly relatively little here, all but conceding DeSantis' re-election.

And, after he (and Rick Scott) nearly got screwed out of their victories, DeSantis got rid of those two clowns in Broward and Palm Beach counties. Think the 2000 election. Every time our state get blasted for not being able to count votes, it's always THOSE TWO and their crooked election officials, trying to magically find votes for Democrats at the last minute.

So, it's no surprise that Fried is going the "Hitler" route; it's all she has. Dollars to donuts, the Dems are going to try and sneak that turncoat Charlie Crist into office, by pretending he's a moderate (since he was once a Republican and former governor; he called himself a conservative, until he ran for Senate and got annihilated by Rubio).

DeSantis is why FL still ran functionally, despite the pandemic mess. Our schools were still open in fall 2020, even if it was part time in some cases (such as my kids' private school where they went twice a week). If there were any "mandates", it was that business had to be functioning at least 50% capacity. Lots of restaurants have half their tables taped off or had people eating partially indoors and partially outdoors.

Gyms were re-opened in June 2020 (at least 24-Hour fitness was). Despite the bankruptcy filed by the company, only three clubs in FL actually closed down: One in Miami and the other two in Kissimmee and Orlando (where I used to train  :'( ). But, the Apoka one is closer to my house anyway and more convenient, in terms of errands I have to run after I finish with the iron.

Most of all, DeSantis pumped the brakes on the DeBlasio/Lightfoot wannabes in the Sunshine State, in my case the mayors of Orlando and Orange Counties. DeSantis and Demings (Orange County) butted heads for months....with the former getting the upper hand. That's why FL's NFL teams has partially-filled stadiums, culminating with Super Bowl 55  ;D. And, since California was still in shutdown mode for most of 2021, WrestleMania 37 got moved from SoFi Stadium to Raymond James Stadium (where WM36 was supposed to be in 2020).

Did I mention the Olympia was moved to Orlando?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2022, 10:50:11 AM »
Ron DeSantis Blasts Biden: Most Americans Don’t Have the ‘Luxury of Spending $50k+ on an Electric Car’
Breitbart ^ | 03/28/2022 | Hannah Bleau
Posted on 3/28/2022, 12:54:32 PM by ChicagoConservative27

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) blasted President Joe Biden for being out of touch on Sunday following reports of the president drafting an executive order to invoke the Defense Production Act to help produce material for electric car batteries.

“After begging for oil from dictators, Biden is now using emergency war powers to produce batteries for the 1% that drive electric cars. Most Americans suffering due to high gas prices don’t have the luxury of spending $50k+ on an electric car,” DeSantis said, making the demand to “unleash American energy today!”:

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2022, 07:42:15 PM »
DeSantis raises monster $100 million for reelection campaign
by Misty Severi, Breaking News Reporter  | April 08, 2022
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/desantis-raises-monster-100-million-for-reelection-campaign

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2022, 03:59:17 PM »
It lets you know how desperate the Dems are here in Florida. For the first time ever, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats. 2018 marked the first time in at least a century that both FL's Senators were GOP. The left is hardly relatively little here, all but conceding DeSantis' re-election.

And, after he (and Rick Scott) nearly got screwed out of their victories, DeSantis got rid of those two clowns in Broward and Palm Beach counties. Think the 2000 election. Every time our state get blasted for not being able to count votes, it's always THOSE TWO and their crooked election officials, trying to magically find votes for Democrats at the last minute.

So, it's no surprise that Fried is going the "Hitler" route; it's all she has. Dollars to donuts, the Dems are going to try and sneak that turncoat Charlie Crist into office, by pretending he's a moderate (since he was once a Republican and former governor; he called himself a conservative, until he ran for Senate and got annihilated by Rubio).

DeSantis is why FL still ran functionally, despite the pandemic mess. Our schools were still open in fall 2020, even if it was part time in some cases (such as my kids' private school where they went twice a week). If there were any "mandates", it was that business had to be functioning at least 50% capacity. Lots of restaurants have half their tables taped off or had people eating partially indoors and partially outdoors.

Gyms were re-opened in June 2020 (at least 24-Hour fitness was). Despite the bankruptcy filed by the company, only three clubs in FL actually closed down: One in Miami and the other two in Kissimmee and Orlando (where I used to train  :'( ). But, the Apoka one is closer to my house anyway and more convenient, in terms of errands I have to run after I finish with the iron.

Most of all, DeSantis pumped the brakes on the DeBlasio/Lightfoot wannabes in the Sunshine State, in my case the mayors of Orlando and Orange Counties. DeSantis and Demings (Orange County) butted heads for months....with the former getting the upper hand. That's why FL's NFL teams has partially-filled stadiums, culminating with Super Bowl 55  ;D. And, since California was still in shutdown mode for most of 2021, WrestleMania 37 got moved from SoFi Stadium to Raymond James Stadium (where WM36 was supposed to be in 2020).

Did I mention the Olympia was moved to Orlando?

I hear some call it "the free state of Florida."  That's a direct result of his leadership. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2022, 04:00:21 PM »
Outstanding response.

DeSantis’ Office Declines Guest Appearance on ‘The View’: ‘Are the Hosts of the View Really Interested in Hearing from Governor DeSantis?’
By Lydia Nusbaum
August 2, 2022
https://flvoicenews.com/desantis-office-declines-guest-appearance-on-the-view-are-the-hosts-of-the-view-really-interested-in-hearing-from-governor-desantis/

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2022, 04:30:33 PM »
Outstanding response.

DeSantis’ Office Declines Guest Appearance on ‘The View’: ‘Are the Hosts of the View Really Interested in Hearing from Governor DeSantis?’
By Lydia Nusbaum
August 2, 2022
https://flvoicenews.com/desantis-office-declines-guest-appearance-on-the-view-are-the-hosts-of-the-view-really-interested-in-hearing-from-governor-desantis/

Good!

They would just attack him and make him look bad no matter what he has to say.

How people can watch that show is beyond my limits of understanding.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2022, 06:28:37 PM »
Outstanding response.

By Lydia Nusbaum
August 2, 2022

The View should just have a life-sized DeSantis cutout at the table to receive their inferior hen cackling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »
Liberals Furious Over Gov. DeSantis' Release of New Florida License Plate
24News ^ | 08-16-2022 | Joshua Ford
Posted on 8/16/2022, 11:18:02 AM by montag813

by Joshua Ford | 24News

The unveiling of a new Florida license plate by Governor DeSantis has liberals and leftist organizations up in arms.

Liberals are constantly willfully misinterpreting traditional American and patriotic flags and symbols to try to associate them with “right wing extremism.” One such victim of this misinterpretation is the iconic Gadsden Flag.

This iconic flag dates back to the time of the revolution and has been seen as a symbol of freedom, defiance in the face of oppression, and American patriotism ever since.

Now, Governor Ron DeSantis has released a new Florida license plate which prominently features the Gadsden flag design:

First teased at the end of July, the plate design has acquired considerable flak from liberal outlets and institutions such as NPR and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The flag was first designed for the U.S. Navy in 1775 by Colonel Christopher Gadsden.

Gadsden took inspiration from pro-American imagery created by Benjamin Franklin, who was the first to use a rattlesnake to symbolize the 13 colonies.

The flag was intended to symbolize defiance of the British crown’s tyranny, and features a rattlesnake rising against a metaphorical treading boot.

NPR, however, willfully ignores that in their hysterical response....

(Excerpt) Read more at us24news.com ...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2022, 10:58:23 AM »
Liberals Furious Over Gov. DeSantis' Release of New Florida License Plate
24News ^ | 08-16-2022 | Joshua Ford
Posted on 8/16/2022, 11:18:02 AM by montag813

by Joshua Ford | 24News

The unveiling of a new Florida license plate by Governor DeSantis has liberals and leftist organizations up in arms.

Liberals are constantly willfully misinterpreting traditional American and patriotic flags and symbols to try to associate them with “right wing extremism.” One such victim of this misinterpretation is the iconic Gadsden Flag.

This iconic flag dates back to the time of the revolution and has been seen as a symbol of freedom, defiance in the face of oppression, and American patriotism ever since.

Now, Governor Ron DeSantis has released a new Florida license plate which prominently features the Gadsden flag design:

First teased at the end of July, the plate design has acquired considerable flak from liberal outlets and institutions such as NPR and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The flag was first designed for the U.S. Navy in 1775 by Colonel Christopher Gadsden.

Gadsden took inspiration from pro-American imagery created by Benjamin Franklin, who was the first to use a rattlesnake to symbolize the 13 colonies.

The flag was intended to symbolize defiance of the British crown’s tyranny, and features a rattlesnake rising against a metaphorical treading boot.

NPR, however, willfully ignores that in their hysterical response....

(Excerpt) Read more at us24news.com ...

I have that flag on the wall in my garage.

If an American finds it offensive, they know nothing about patriotism and can fuck off back the third world shithole their ancestors came from.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2022, 05:17:03 PM »
In a perfect world, Trump decides to sit out 2024, backs DeSantis, who picks Tim Scott or Marco Rubio as his VP.  That combination would be better than Biden, Harris, Gavin Newsome, Bernie Sanders, etc.

Then again, so would Trump and whomever he picks as VP. 

But absent some kind of health issue, Trump is running and will be the nominee IMO.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »
In a perfect world, Trump decides to sit out 2024, backs DeSantis, who picks Tim Scott or Marco Rubio as his VP.  That combination would be better than Biden, Harris, Gavin Newsome, Bernie Sanders, etc.

Then again, so would Trump and whomever he picks as VP. 

But absent some kind of health issue, Trump is running and will be the nominee IMO.

scary thought, Trump running again. A part of me hopes he does though...