Author Topic: California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus  (Read 1629 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus
« on: July 24, 2021, 11:15:05 AM »
Thinning the herd out a bit.  I wonder how many other people he infected before he croaked
Apparently he was quite active sharing his thoughts on social media before he died so I'm sure he'll appreciate that his story is being shared posthumously

BTW - it's assholes like this guy who are causing California to have to mask up again

California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man who mocked COVID-19 vaccinations died this week at a Los Angeles-area hospital after contracting the virus.

Stephen Harmon was 34.

Harmon died on Wednesday at Corona Regional Medical Center, about an hour’s drive east of Los Angeles.

Stephen Harmon posted photos of himself in his hospital bed, wrote that he had pneumonia and critically low oxygen levels and was going to be intubated. In a tweet Wednesday, Harmon wrote: “Don’t know when I’ll wake up, please pray,” KCBS-TV reported.

Three days before his death, Harmon tweeted: “If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith!”

Before his hospitalization, Harmon had made fun of vaccination efforts on social media.

“I got 99 problems but a vax ain’t one,” he said in a tweet last month.

On July 8, he posted: “Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork.”

Harmon’s death was “unbelievably demoralizing,” Dr. Oren Friedman, who treats COVID-10 patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, told KCBS-TV. He said the number of COVID-19 admissions had increased tenfold.

“Virtually every single person that is getting sick enough to be admitted to the hospital has not been vaccinated,” Friedman said.

California has seen escalating numbers of COVID-19 infections, led by the highly transmissible delta variant that has proliferated since the state fully reopened the economy last month. The vast majority of new cases are among unvaccinated people, and health officials have pleaded for people to get the shots.

On Friday, the state Department of Public Health reported nearly 8,000 new cases a day earlier and the testing positivity rate over seven days had jumped to more than 5% after dipping below 1% only a few weeks ago.

Los Angeles County, which has about a fourth of the state’s population, reported more than 3,000 new cases for the first time since February. There were 655 people with COVID-19 in hospitals, a jump of more than 200 people in a week, according to county figures.

Harmon attended Hillsong Church in Los Angeles.

Founder Brian Houston called him “one of the most generous people I know.”

“As a church, our focus is on the spiritual well-being of the people in each of our local communities. On any medical issue, we strongly encourage those in our church to follow the guidance of their doctors,” Houston said in a statement to KCBS-TV. “While many of our staff, leadership and congregation have already received the COVID-19 vaccine, we recognize this is a personal decision for each individual to make with the counsel of medical professionals.”

https://apnews.com/article/health-california-coronavirus-pandemic-2ee388751b58035bd5d3973854a58489

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: California man who mocked COVID-19 vaccine dies of virus
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 11:38:52 AM »
Hey great, another thread using a sample of one person to make a point.

Awesome man, valuable use of time.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 11:42:54 AM »
Straw, you are vaccinated so you have nothing to worry about.  Why are you concerned what others do with their body?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 11:44:27 AM »
BFD

https://www.abc4.com/coronavirus/teens-death-days-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-under-investigation/

Teen dies days after getting COVID-19 vaccine, officials investigating
CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
by: Addy Bink

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 / 11:09 AM MDT / Updated: Jul 8, 2021 / 09:07 AM MDT

(ABC4) – The death of a Michigan teenager just days after he received his second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is now under investigation.

Health officials say a 13-year-old from Saginaw County – located in central Michigan – died in his sleep in mid-June, three days after his second dose, according to the Detroit Free Press.

A joint statement from county and state health officials says the investigation into whether there is a correlation between the teen’s death and the vaccine is now at the federal level with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The boy’s aunt tells the Detroit Free Press that he had received the Pfizer vaccine at a Walgreens store. She describes her nephew as healthy with no underlying medical conditions, but he had complained of the common post-vaccine symptoms, like fever and fatigue.

According to The Detroit News, the investigation into what caused the boy’s death is going to take a “fairly long time.”

Health authorities are working to determine whether heart inflammation that occurs with many types of infections could be a rare side effect in teens and young adults after the COVID-19 vaccine, according to the Associated Press.

A recent report says several teenage boys across the U.S. have experienced heart inflammation after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, but a link to the doses has not yet been made. But, according to that report, none of the boys were critically ill. In May, the New York Times reported the CDC is investigating the relationship between the rare heart problem and the COVID-19 vaccine.

ABC4 previously reported on a Utah teenager, 17-year-old Everest Romney of Draper, who had to be hospitalized for blood clots in his brain days after getting the COVID-19 vaccine.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 11:50:01 AM »
Well, that just matched Straw's argument.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 12:04:46 PM »
Hey great, another thread using a sample of one person to make a point.

Awesome man, valuable use of time.

yeah, you guys never do that

btw - this idiot is representative of tens of thousands if not millions of other people in this country

I'll tell you what, when we have other stories like this one I'll post it on this thread

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 12:06:08 PM »
Straw, you are vaccinated so you have nothing to worry about.  Why are you concerned what others do with their body?

it's assholes like this guy that are causing infection rates to rise and causing counties like LA (and probably soon the bay area) to reinstitute mask mandates

btw - weren't you they guy who said no one would be talking about Covid after the election in 2020?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 12:09:46 PM »
BFD

https://www.abc4.com/coronavirus/teens-death-days-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-under-investigation/

meanwhile 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated

Also, ~ 160 million American's have gotten the vaccine

Tell me how many of those have had the side effect of heart inflammation (which is most cases is temporary)

Your article said "several" so is that several out of 160 million?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 12:47:12 PM »
Thinning the herd out a bit.  I wonder how many other people he infected before he croaked
Apparently he was quite active sharing his thoughts on social media before he died so I'm sure he'll appreciate that his story is being shared posthumously

BTW - it's assholes like this guy who are causing California to have to mask up again

https://apnews.com/article/health-california-coronavirus-pandemic-2ee388751b58035bd5d3973854a58489

God you’re such an idiot. I’ll let you figure out why on this one

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 12:52:06 PM »

Great post! Unfortunately, it will fall on deaf ears here on Getbig,  home of the anti-vaxxers.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 12:53:14 PM »
it's assholes like this guy that are causing infection rates to rise and causing counties like LA (and probably soon the bay area) to reinstitute mask mandates

btw - weren't you they guy who said no one would be talking about Covid after the election in 2020?
Why are you worried about infection rates when you are vaccinated?  Doesn't the vaccination work?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2021, 12:58:08 PM »
Why are you worried about infection rates when you are vaccinated?  Doesn't the vaccination work?

He's not worried about his getting COVID. Like me, he's not looking forward to mask mandates coming back....just when things were starting to get back to normal.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2021, 01:03:28 PM »
He's not worried about his getting COVID. Like me, he's not looking forward to mask mandates coming back....just when things were starting to get back to normal.
Why do you need to wear a mask if you have the vaccine?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »
meanwhile 99% of the hospitalizations and deaths are among the unvaccinated

Also, ~ 160 million American's have gotten the vaccine

Tell me how many of those have had the side effect of heart inflammation (which is most cases is temporary)

Your article said "several" so is that several out of 160 million?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/myocarditis.html
BFD Over 5,000 people have died with the experimental drug. How many cases are stifled and underreported so the government and big pharma can keep making their money?

Virus panic with no vaccine = worth $0
Virus panic with untested dangerous vaccine forced on the public = worth $billions
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »
Vaccinated people can carry the virus and infect others just like unvaxxed.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »
yeah, you guys never do that

No, I haven't.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »
Has straw figured it out yet?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 04:55:25 PM »
Has straw figured it out yet?

He still hasn't cleaned his fucking yard.
~

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2021, 04:56:48 PM »
He still hasn't cleaned his fucking yard.

😂

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2021, 10:48:58 AM »
Great post! Unfortunately, it will fall on deaf ears here on Getbig,  home of the anti-vaxxers.

more like "dumb" ears as in fucking stupid

maybe they'll listen to some of their stupid bretheren

And here is the Republican Governor of Alabama making it as clear as possible who is to blame for the current surge (and for potentially new mask mandates)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »

You're the moron who said no one would be talking about COVID after the election last year so I doubt you'll be capable of understanding this but I'll waste my time in case maybe someone else is not as stupid as you is reading this.

First and foremost the more people who are unvaccinated are a BREEDING GROUND for more deadly and contagious variants to evolve and that has an impact on EVERYONE whether you are vaccinated or not

Second, it's the unvaccinated that are causing the surge in cases and deaths that is once again overwhelming hospitals in some areas and that has already led to LA imposing a new mask mandate and other areas are sure to follow.  If it continues to get worse then we could see eve more restriction being imposed ON ALL OF US

Hopefully even someone as stupid as you can understand this

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2021, 10:57:20 AM »
You're the moron who said no one would be talking about COVID after the election last year so I doubt you'll be capable of understanding this but I'll waste my time in case maybe someone else is not as stupid as you is reading this.

First and foremost the more people who are unvaccinated are a BREEDING GROUND for more deadly and contagious variants to evolve and that has an impact on EVERYONE whether you are vaccinated or not

Second, it's the unvaccinated that are causing the surge in cases and deaths and that has already led to LA imposing a new mask mandate and other areas are sure to follow.  If it continues to get worse then we could see eve more restriction being imposed ON ALL OF US

Hopefully even someone as stupid as you can understand this
No, I don't understand it.  If I hang out with people who never got the polio vaccine can I get polio?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2021, 11:02:39 AM »
Why do you need to wear a mask if you have the vaccine?

You should ask the folks doing the mandating. I suspect it is because there is no way to know for sure who has been vaccinated and who hasn't. Same reason as before the mandates were lifted. In Oregon, the criteria was that 70% of the population had to have had at least one vaccination. We were almost there when the Governor lifted the mandate.

The mask requirement never ended in some situations, such as, public transportation and medical facilities (including pharmacies).

Obviously, individuals who have been vaccinated are much less likely to get COVID and very rarely to get seriously ill from it. So if all we had to worry about was ourselves.....your question is a really good one.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2021, 11:08:13 AM »

Conflating those who have reservations about a rushed medication with no long term studies with anti-vaxxers is disingenuous.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2021, 11:09:03 AM »
Vaccinated people can carry the virus and infect others just like unvaxxed.

Not exactly "just like (the) unvaxxed." While they may still spread the virus, doing so is far less likely. COVID symptoms include coughing and sneezing. If you have COVID but aren't sick, you are less apt to cough and sneeze. The virus is airborne.