Author Topic: Greatest US President  (Read 8445 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Greatest US President
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »
Ronald Reagan.

He restored the confidence of a nation that had given up on itself in a post-vietnam, post-watergate, worst-economy-since-the-depression era.

Oh....  and that whole "winning the cold war" thing wasn't bad either.  ;)

Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »
THE GIPPER!!! Greatest prez evvver!!!

Call me crazy but I also think Dubya is high up there on the list!

Dubya's a twit.

I voted for McCain in the 2000 Republican primary.  When Bush won, I held my nose and voted for him in the general election.  A few years later I was kicking myself for having done so.

In 2004 I voted for the Libertarian candidate.  :-\

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 10:43:53 PM »
I agree Reagan

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 03:54:34 AM »
JFK!!!!!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »
FDR because he used Keynesian policies to restore the US to it's glory. These policies didn't alwayss agree with the laissez-faire mindset the the US was founded upon.  ;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
The Gipper, hands down.

History will also remember W as the liberator of Iraq and Afghanistan

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 02:56:29 PM »
Reagan, he was a great man as well as a great president. Plus his wife taught us how to "Just Say No!". We would all be drug addicts today if he had not been president.
E

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 05:20:39 PM »
History will also remember W as the liberator of Iraq and Afghanistan

You mean the moronic bastard with dementia that invaded Iraq and sacrificed 3000+ troops for Oil?
S

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »
You mean the moronic bastard with dementia that invaded Iraq and sacrificed 3000+ troops for Oil?

Without oil, your nice comfortable middle-class lifestyle would evaporate inside of a week.

If the intent of invading Iraq was to secure permanent bases so that we can ensure our supply of oil in 10-15 years when it starts drying up and we have to fight China for what's left there's absolutely nothing wrong with that...   but the bumbling way in which Dubya handled the whole thing leaves a lot to be desired.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 09:48:11 PM »

Without oil, your nice comfortable middle-class lifestyle would evaporate inside of a week.

If the intent of invading Iraq was to secure permanent bases so that we can ensure our supply of oil in 10-15 years when it starts drying up and we have to fight China for what's left there's absolutely nothing wrong with that...   but the bumbling way in which Dubya handled the whole thing leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully we won't rely on Oil as much in 10 - 15 year, and there were way better ways to spend all that money that we are just giving away to rebuild Iraq, like on alternate energy sources.

You believe 3000+ young soldiers lives who signed up to defend our country and the $354,984,587,527 price were worth it?

Invading another country that hasn't done anything to us, and stealing there oil is wrong.

S

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »

You believe 3000+ young soldiers lives who signed up to defend our country and the $354,984,587,527 price were worth it?

Yes, absolutely.

During the evacuation of Houston during Hurricane Rita (along with what had already happened in nearby New Orleans), I got to see first-hand what happens when you take oil out of the equation. (all the gas stations were out... took like a week to get 100% back to normal).  Without gasoline, nobody gets to work (including doctors, cops, and fireman).  No food gets delivered to grocery stores or restaurants.  Prescription meds? forget it... none are being delivered to the pharmacies, and there are no workers there anyway, since they have no transportation.   I could write a 4-page post about what would happen to our lives if the oil supply got interupted even a little bit, but the point is most people really have no clue. I didn't until a year ago.  My eyes were really opened that week.

Since world oil supplies are fast running out, we need to get our transportion sector switched over to alternatives, but that will take decades.  In the meantime, we need to ensure we can maintain our oil supplies.  When you look at and really understand the alternatives, YES that's absolutely worth 3000 lives... it's worth 30,000!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2007, 10:12:19 PM »

Invading another country that hasn't done anything to us, and stealing there oil is wrong.

Oh, please!  ::)

We're not "stealing their oil"... they're getting paid for it at market rates.  We're just making sure they don't cut production to artifically drive the price up, and we're also making sure they sell to us, not China.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2007, 10:17:12 PM »
I see what you're saying, but I can't justify invading someone elses country, getting way over 150000 people killed for a problem we might have around the year 2020

S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
We're just making sure they don't cut production to artifically drive the price up, and we're also making sure they sell to us, not China.

You're right, I shouldn't say steal, I mean control.
S

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »

What do you think we would do if the Iraqi government decided they didn't want to drill for oil anymore?

We wouldn't give them a choice.

Egalitarian attitudes are fine for campus debates, but in the real world I'm far more interested in maintaining the lifestyle of my family and friends and America as we know it than I am in being "fair" to a bunch of middle-eastern savages who still have one foot planted firmly in the Middle Ages.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
I see what you're saying, but I can't justify invading someone elses country, getting way over 150000 people killed for a problem we might have around the year 2020

If we wait until then it's too late.  Nobody knows exactly when we will start having supply issues...  it might be 2020.... then again it might be 2009.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2007, 10:24:55 PM »
goat, i admire the appraoch.  cold-blooded, sure.  but you do make a very level argument which ties together everything.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
I really don't know what to say... You got me thinking.  :)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2007, 10:30:03 PM »
LOL!

Goat, okay, military people sign up for the shit.

but what about the people in the towers who were just mopping floors or doing paperwork and got taken out, (either a let-it-happen or made-it-happen)?

Okay, I see the point about managing the resources of others and killing those who don't like it. 

But what about those 3000 in the towers? (At the very least, we knew and let it happen). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2007, 10:31:14 PM »

Yes, absolutely.

During the evacuation of Houston during Hurricane Rita (along with what had already happened in nearby New Orleans), I got to see first-hand what happens when you take oil out of the equation. (all the gas stations were out... took like a week to get 100% back to normal).  Without gasoline, nobody gets to work (including doctors, cops, and fireman).  No food gets delivered to grocery stores or restaurants.  Prescription meds? forget it... none are being delivered to the pharmacies, and there are no workers there anyway, since they have no transportation.   I could write a 4-page post about what would happen to our lives if the oil supply got interupted even a little bit, but the point is most people really have no clue. I didn't until a year ago.  My eyes were really opened that week.

Since world oil supplies are fast running out, we need to get our transportion sector switched over to alternatives, but that will take decades.  In the meantime, we need to ensure we can maintain our oil supplies.  When you look at and really understand the alternatives, YES that's absolutely worth 3000 lives... it's worth 30,000!

Goatboy is a global gangster!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »
But what about those 3000 in the towers? (At the very least, we knew and let it happen). 
YES that's absolutely worth 3000 lives... it's worth 30,000!
:-\
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 10:45:06 PM »
I think he was referring to the 3000 soldiers, not the 3000 in the towers.

A lot of people would still enlist just for the trigger time, but you sure wouldn't have the war fervor and rallying cries that you get with a patriotic approach to the war.

Funny how the internet has really unraveled this lie.  it's the same shit we've always done in other nations (quietly tried to lead a resistance movement ('91) then invaded when that didn't work).  this time, thanks to the internet, we see it and know the real motives.

So um, how long til they take the web from us and we have to go back to getting our news from CNN?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 10:48:43 PM »
I think he was referring to the 3000 soldiers,

Oops I was to, I didn't read your post all the way.
S

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2007, 07:56:19 PM »
FDR!!!!!!!!!!!!

FDR & Lincoln Best...........they had the most difficult times! Lincoln was the last great Republican!, & FDR was the last great Democrat!

:-X