Author Topic: gas prices didnt shoot up after the election  (Read 5509 times)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
gas prices didnt shoot up after the election
« on: January 02, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »
just wanted to throw this out there.,.,.,thoughts?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: gas prices didnt shoot up after the election
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:52:06 PM »
Does this mean 240 isn't psychic?   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »
you sure aren't going to be this smug when the dollar falls.  No sir.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 07:00:33 PM »

Are you kidding?

Prices went up the very next day!  They didn't even try to pretend that they weren't in collusion with one another and their CEO, Bush.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »

The price did drop quite a bit prior to the election, but its been "up & down" since.... :-\

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
price here in ny hasnt gone up,, in fact, in the county where my vacation home is in has just got a gas cap,, it cant go over 2.60,, but its stayin in the 240's

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 09:32:51 PM »
you sure aren't going to be this smug when the dollar falls.  No sir.
well, im not worried about it.  you think very short term.  what happens happens and will become a distant memory along with every other  so called crisis in US/world economic history, of which i can name about 20 from the top of my head, including 2 other US dollar crisis' in the past 30 years. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 09:37:26 PM »
i hope it's no big deal.  But many of our major trading partners - all switching out on the dollar - that isn't something that is easily reversible :(

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
i hope it's no big deal.  But many of our major trading partners - all switching out on the dollar - that isn't something that is easily reversible :(
our trading partners are addicted to our consumerism and have a strong vested intrest to keep the US going.  USA is the world economic engine, a car doesnt work without the engine. there really is no replacement for the US, and wont be for a very long time,., period.  our problems dont lie internationally.,debt, the dollar, these are not the serious problems,.social security, medicare, longterm, these are the problems.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »
our trading partners are addicted to our consumerism and have a strong vested intrest to keep the US going.  USA is the world economic engine, a car doesnt work without the engine. there really is no replacement for the US, and wont be for a very long time,., period.  our problems dont lie internationally.,debt, the dollar, these are not the serious problems,.social security, medicare, longterm, these are the problems.

short term - The real estate market in the US is about to take a BATH.  SocSec is the largest prob we'll ever face, most likely. healthcare they'll never fix.

The us being the world economic engine - that CAN change, ya know.  I'm sure China is MORE than willing to take over the reigns.  They did just drop the dollar.  Monster sign they wanna take over the mountain.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »
George Dubbya ain't worry'n so why should we?
S

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 09:53:03 PM »
Are you kidding?

Prices went up the very next day!  They didn't even try to pretend that they weren't in collusion with one another and their CEO, Bush.

Since when does the president control gas prices...........damn, you libs blame him for EVERYTHING..LOL!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »
Since when does the president control gas prices...........damn, you libs blame him for EVERYTHING..LOL!

Will you say for the record that Bush 1 has ZERO influence over world oil policy, currently?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:03:48 PM »
HAHAHAHA...

I bet you I know what Mr. I will say. :D
S

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 10:07:23 PM »
Will you say for the record that Bush 1 has ZERO influence over world oil policy, currently?

Loaded question, everything effects the markets and oil prices but you know as well as I he cannot nor does he have the power to raise even domestic prices at will!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 10:09:48 PM »
Loaded question, everything effects the markets and oil prices but you know as well as I he cannot nor does he have the power to raise even domestic prices at will!

Bush's Carlyle group is tied in greatly with Saudi oil interests.  They're on his ranch all the damn time.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »
Bush's Carlyle group is tied in greatly with Saudi oil interests.  They're on his ranch all the damn time.

So?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »
When you said "he cannot nor does he have the power to raise even domestic prices at will!", I disagree.  Oil production was artificially high to drop prices in the 3 weeks before Nov elections.

Considering Exxon made 10 BILLION in Q3 of 2006, that Bush himself is worth over a billion, and that the Saudi oil interests would have been MUCH better served by oil subsidies with a Repub led congree from 06 to 08, I think you can probably calculate motive to influence prices that would range in the hundred billions.

Of course, it's a good thing Bush1 has the moral authority to not abuse his powers, connections, or positions to assist his partners in earning hundreds of billions of dollars.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 10:17:51 PM »
The us being the world economic engine - that CAN change, ya know.  I'm sure China is MORE than willing to take over the reigns.  They did just drop the dollar.  Monster sign they wanna take over the mountain.
china, whose economy is currently 18% of US total GDP, 5-6 times the population of the US, 3% of our per capita GDP, with the top 10% holding over 40% of the nations wealth, dependant on a healthy US economy to fuel growth, housing the worst pollution on the face of this planet and getting worse, extremely fragile banking system on the verge of collapse, CCP almost guaranteed to collapse, fastest aging population in the world..,.,basically, we're nowhere near the point the be able to make such bold predictions for china.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:06 PM »
they'll kill the old and use them for fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 10:42:51 PM »
they'll kill the old and use them for fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol! that's really not far fetched, it would be for the good of the nation ::).,.,.,i do love china but it would suprise you how uncivilized the mainlanders are, even including the more wealthy ones, really disgusting people, shit and piss on the sidewalk, spit and piss inside a bus, stores. but you get used to it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 10:46:05 PM »
really disgusting people, shit and piss on the sidewalk, spit and piss inside a bus, stores.

What about the women.  Do they also just drop a deuce in the street?  And are they slutty? I would think that any chick who would crap at a bus stop would let you stick it anywhere you pleased.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
When you said "he cannot nor does he have the power to raise even domestic prices at will!", I disagree.  Oil production was artificially high to drop prices in the 3 weeks before Nov elections.

Considering Exxon made 10 BILLION in Q3 of 2006, that Bush himself is worth over a billion, and that the Saudi oil interests would have been MUCH better served by oil subsidies with a Repub led congree from 06 to 08, I think you can probably calculate motive to influence prices that would range in the hundred billions.

Of course, it's a good thing Bush1 has the moral authority to not abuse his powers, connections, or positions to assist his partners in earning hundreds of billions of dollars.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA

Rob, I don't know where you get your info from but this sounds like another conspiracy therorie, oil and gas rise and fall with the wind, it's no secret and this is definatly not the first nor will it be the last time gas goes up before an election no matter who is in office, gas went up again before the holidays, I checked today and it was down 3-5 cents and it will probably go down more and you know what.....it's going to go up again just before summer, thats history and thats the market don't act like he does this shit on a whim!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:16 PM »
Rob, I don't know where you get your info from but this sounds like another conspiracy therorie, oil and gas rise and fall with the wind, it's no secret and this is definatly not the first nor will it be the last time gas goes up before an election no matter who is in office, gas went up again before the holidays, I checked today and it was down 3-5 cents and it will probably go down more and you know what.....it's going to go up again just before summer, thats history and thats the market don't act like he does this shit on a whim!!

There is no conspiracy theory here.  I stated the relationship that Bush possesses and the amount of dollars which were at stake if Bush retained his rubberstamp congress.  These are facts.  And yes, it is a fact that a repub congress would have benefitted the oil cos greatly.  We have already been told that the Dems will be CUTTING THOSE OIL SUBSIDIES starting tomorrow. 

The only thing that isn't fact in that paragraph was: " I think you can probably calculate motive to influence prices that would range in the hundred billions."  That was opinion.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 11:00:30 PM »
There is no conspiracy theory here.  I stated the relationship that Bush possesses and the amount of dollars which were at stake if Bush retained his rubberstamp congress.  These are facts.  And yes, it is a fact that a repub congress would have benefitted the oil cos greatly.  We have already been told that the Dems will be CUTTING THOSE OIL SUBSIDIES starting tomorrow. 

The only thing that isn't fact in that paragraph was: " I think you can probably calculate motive to influence prices that would range in the hundred billions."  That was opinion.

Anyone who invested would have benefited, me, you, repub, dems. BTW, the Dems are liers, to get in they told the people and congress that it would be a bi-partisan effort, haven't heard that since the elections!!