Author Topic: UFO issue on Larry King tonight.  (Read 6488 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: UFO issue on Larry King tonight.
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 01:23:58 AM »
I find people like Robert Salas to be highly credible: 
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/disclosure-project-robert-salas/12847719

Here's a bunch of pilot sightings with cockpit voice recordings.   
A bunch of guys with NOTHING To gain and everything to lose:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8614351526846808167

You can find plenty of credible witnesses if you take just a bit of time to look

Something is going on - either that or a bunch of pilots and guys responsible for guarding and launching nuclear missles are delusional and hallucinating

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 01:28:28 AM »
A report about lights in the sky?

You don't ask for much.
you didn't read it ::)  wow, I'm accustomed to not posting long things here but I think you've just made an ADD getbig record.  that's a very short read man.

In Paragraph 3, the Complaint states that three nights later on August 11, 1980, a Sandia Security Guard after midnight “was driving East on the Coyote Canyon access road on a routine building check of an alarmed structure. As he approached the structure, he observed a bright light near the ground behind the structure. As he approached the structure, he observed a bright light near the ground behind the structure. He also observed an object he first thought was a helicopter. But after driving closer, he observed a round disk-shaped object. He attempted to radio for a back up patrol, but his radio would not work. As he approached the object on foot armed with a shotgun, the object took off in a vertical direction at a high rate of speed. The guard was a former helicopter mechanic in the U. S. Army and stated the object he observed was not a helicopter.”

all I'm saying is this is credible.  You said it is not credible.  This is just one example among thousands of credible accounts.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 01:34:48 AM »
I've lost all concentration skills since my alien implant.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 01:37:17 AM »
I've lost all concentration skills since my alien implant.
troll, shock shock ::) got it, sorry to waste my time, forgive me. 

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 01:40:15 AM »
Not a troll.

Just don't believe aliens have ever visited the Earth in any way, shape or form.

There is nothing that even remotely contradicts this.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »
Not a troll.

Just don't believe aliens have ever visited the Earth in any way, shape or form.

no one said anything about aliens.

If you want to ignore highly credible eyewitness to unexplainable phenomena then so be it.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 01:52:20 AM »
But why be interested in the phenomena?

Why not wait for something to come of it before getting all excited?

If you believe that there is something to it, then surely you must believe it's only a matter of time before true exposure, right?

And you have to admit that when people talk UFOs, they're talking aliens. The fact that the letters simply stand for Unidentified Flying Object means very little to them.

You've got to give me that much.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2008, 01:55:11 AM »
Not a troll.

looks like a troll to me, you make a charge, I answer and you reply with sarcasm.

well you just boiled it down to refuting credible accounts with FAITH in your BELIEF.  Sounds close minded to me.  It's not that there are not things that contradict this, it's that there aren't things to contradict your faith.  Hey, if you're locked into not believing it until you meet ET and take a tour of the mothership, that's your problem.  Many people prefer to treat it as a serious possibility based on thousands of CREDIBLE accounts.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »

If you believe that there is something to it, then surely you must believe it's only a matter of time before true exposure, right?

And you have to admit that when people talk UFOs, they're talking aliens. The fact that the letters simply stand for Unidentified Flying Object means very little to them.

no, they're talking about the possibility of aliens.  Not enough data to claim alien intelligence.  Based on the gathered data to this point, it is highly possible, not absolute.  yes there are nuts out there that go overboard just as they do with everything.  But if you just look at the credible sources, something highly advanced is going on.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 02:03:12 AM »

also how do you expect exposure when interest in the phenomena is mocked and laughed at?  Why the interest?  That's really an odd question to ask a human.  It's highly in our nature to investigate and want to understand things.  When you see something that doesn't have explanation, it's nature to look for one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 02:05:54 AM »

I believe there is a genuine mystery - that's all

Why?  Lot's of credible witnesses from all countries and throughout history

Anyone who equates the phenomena with aliens is making assumptions, mostly based on our modern point of view

I don't know what the heck is going on but the idea that I shouldn't be interested unless it comes down on bites me on the ass is silly.

If that were the case then why care or be interested in anything??

Of all the people studying this phenomena I think Jacques Vallee is the most credible and scholarly and he doesn't really believe the simple ET hypothesis either:

http://www.nidsci.org/pdf/vallee_davis.pdf

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc839.htm

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2008, 02:14:34 AM »
It seems foolish to me for people to spend time on such things.

Life is too short. But hey, it's your time. Use it how you want.

I'm sure I'm interested in things that would bore many. Bodybuilding for one. :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2008, 02:22:40 AM »

Life is too short. But hey, it's your time. Use it how you want. :)

What liberals spend time with/care about seems foolish to conservatives and vice versa. Life is filled with a million examples of this. You "believe" these things aren't real or credible so I see why you would call it a foolish waste of time.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »

Life is too short. But hey, it's your time. Use it how you want.

I'm sure I'm interested in things that would bore many. Bodybuilding for one. :)

I'm continually amazed by people's lack of curiousity in the world in which we live

btw - every second I spend on this site is almost certainly a foolish waste of time

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
UFOs in old paintings

artifacts
http://www.ufocasebook.com/alienartifacts.html

ancient cave paintings

its surprising to me that people will believe in god but wont believe in UFOs  :-\

the nazca lines

This is not a drawing on a cave wall. This is an aerial photo. The figure is hundreds of feet long and can only be fully seen from the sky. It's name is Owl-Man and it was created over 2000 years ago by digging lines in the earth. Glyphs or Nazca lines as they are called remain a mystery. They were only discovered in the 1920's and 30's when pilots began to fly over them. There are glyphs of animals, birds and geometric shapes. What's amazing about these is not that people created them, but the fact that these pictures are very accurate considering that the creators could not see what they were making.

This is a French Coin minted in the 1680's. Look close. There is a strange object over an open field. What is that hovering just below the clouds?

It's a bronze 747 airplane, right? Well, No. This is an early Colombian artifact dating back some one thousand plus years. You can argue this case a hundred differnet ways. Maybe it was just coincidence.

carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2008, 05:59:46 PM »

And this is why the Vatican won't allow access to their archives on UFOs.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
I'm continually amazed by people's lack of curiousity in the world in which we live

btw - every second I spend on this site is almost certainly a foolish waste of time

It's not lack of curiousity. I don't waste time on things that have no substance. Personally, I think you're wasting your time on nothingness. But like I said, it's your time.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
It's not lack of curiousity. I don't waste time on things that have no substance. Personally, I think you're wasting your time on nothingness. But like I said, it's your time.

no offense intended but you seem to know almost nothing about the topic yet you've deemed it without substance

I offer you one example.  Invest 4 minutes of your life.  This is a highly credible person who's willing to risk his reputation by going public on a national stage to tell about an astonishing incident that happened at one of our nuclear launch facilities.  I find this incredibly interesting and overflowing with substance.  If you find this boring I understand.  He's a bit flat and "matter of  fact" in his delivery but then again he's former military.   For more pizzaz go listen to the cockpit recordings.

Either pilots and military officers in control of nuclear warheads are suffering from mass delusion or they're reporting what they are actully experiencing.   Either outcome is totally facinating and worthy of exploration

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/disclosure-project-robert-salas/12847719

if you're still bored and unimpressed then you gotta tell me what kind of facinating stuff you fills up your day.  Seriously, I'd like to know.   You say you don't waste time on things that have no substance so how exactly to you spend your free time ...besides the obvious posting on Get Big.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »
He seems an honest guy.

I'm sure he did experience something. But you know that most run with this and take it to levels of silliness.

You don't seem to do that, SM. You have what I would call a general curiousity that is not overwhelming your day to day life. That's fine.

What bothers me is the wackos.

I saw one of these shows tonight on The History Channel. It was typical...and awful.

Some are slick and use this whole thing to make cash. Stanton Friedman comes to mind.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2008, 10:35:19 PM »
I don't spend much time on it these days but I read almost everything I could find about it when I was younger - most of it being crap.   Previously, I linked to some info about Jacques Vallee who find to be, by far, to be the most interesting person researching this stuff.  Vallee, among many other things is a venture capitalist and has published books in many other disciplines and certainly isn't interested in this topic for any money making reasons.    Another credible author and "researcher" is Peter Sturrock:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_A._Sturrock who again is not doing it for the money.  In fact Sturrock is a physics professor at Stanford and publicy pursuing or even professing an interest in this subject is normally the kiss of death in that field.

There's alot more good info than the crap you'll find on the History Channel - although I think the Black Box UFO show did air on that channel and I think that's pretty good

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!