Author Topic: Building Mosques on Sacred Sites of Defeated Enemies a Symbol of Conquest  (Read 6462 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It must be hard getting owned so royally all the time.  Maybe DU, FDL, Daily Kos, or HP will be a friendlier audience for some of your insanity.   

that's hilarious coming from you

btw - this is the only political board I post on and actually GetBig is really the only board in the interenet that I read (well I read MD and a few others for bodybuidling, weight training stuff)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

now that's a classic :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like I'm getting to someone. My posts about your lack of education and pathetic command of the English language must have hit closer to home than I thought.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw, 

Just for the record are you OK with this Muslim community center being built at that location?

haven't I made it pretty clear that I dont' give a shit

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

If you lived here where 3,000 of your fellow countrymen, friends, neighbors, etc did you would. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If you lived here where 3,000 of your fellow countrymen, friends, neighbors, etc did you would. 

I would ?

how do you know that ?

aren't there people in NYC who share my point of view just as there are people who share your point of view?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I would ?

how do you know that ?

aren't there people in NYC who share my point of view just as there are people who share your point of view?

People in NY are very much against this.  We live here and deal with this daily.  Its easy to flap you mouth from 3,000 miles away in CA. 

People here overwhelmingly don't want this crap. 

Fury

• Getbig V
People in NY are very much against this.  We live here and deal with this daily.  Its easy to flap you mouth from 3,000 miles away in CA. 

People here overwhelmingly don't want this crap. 

70% of the people in this country don't want this shit. NYC'ers aren't alone.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

So you don't care either way?  You don't see any symbolism in it?  You don't see any disrespect to all those who lost their lives in it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So you don't care either way?  You don't see any symbolism in it?  You don't see any disrespect to all those who lost their lives in it?

I can see their point of view but I don't personally share it

I thought I made that very clear

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Because you don't live here, have probably never seen the before and after of the site, don't know anyone who perished, and don't have any connection with this area like people from here do. 

OzmO

• Getbig V

Why wouldn't you share it?  A terrorist group attacked the USA in NYC killing 3000 people in the name of Islam and now they want to build a Muslim Community Center 3 blocks from GZ on the site of a building damaged int he attack and you don't have problem with that?

It's like Japan wanting to build an Embassy on Ford Island after WW2.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
We're a secular country

How is the WTC a "sacred site"

and the only things WTC symbolizes to me is the massive and mutltiple failures of the administration in control at the time of the attack

we should put up a statue of Bush reading My Pet Goat

that would be more appropriate

Good grief.  What an utterly moronic statement.  I can't believe there are people like this walking around in real life.   :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Good grief.  What an utterly moronic statement.  I can't believe there are people like this walking around in real life.   :-\

I completely stand by that statement

it doen'st suprise me that you're incapable of comprehending it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Probably 90% of the population can't comprehend such trash. 

OzmO

• Getbig V

Do you feel that way about the Arizona memorial too?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Not asking for the Village Idiot's opinion.  Just commenting on the level of stupidity.  It's even greater than I thought.  

Fury

• Getbig V
Let's cut the fucking bullshit. If these people were interested in anything other than building a shrine to Islamic supremacism, they would use that money and space to dedicate a memorial to the victims of 9/11. THAT would help them build bridges.

Even other Muslims (the true moderates) have come out and said this mosque is being built for no other reason than to thumb their noses at the infidel and rub it in our faces. If you're too stupid to see that then I can only hope you don't reproduce.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I value and appreaciate our history, you detest it.  

I also value and appreciate history.  I got my AA in history back in 97.  Community college, sure, but still, I love history and I studied a great deal of it.  

It's possible to love history but not be caught up in the emotions of it too much... I dislike intangible things about how ppl "feel" or how many feet away is less painful, etc.

Anyway, joe scarborough said it this morning.  every 2-3 weeks, we have another silly issue like this... it was naacp last month.  and we all take our eye off obama's spending.  so he wins on this one.  For the last 5 weeks, we've talked about race and 911 hatred... and how much of our tax dollars did obama spend in that 5 weeks?  lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
In my mind there are certain sites, like Pearl Harbor, Gettysburg, Statue of Liberty, Antietum battlefield, Lexington Concord, Yorktown, Bunker Hill, Shankesville PA, the Alamo, the area where Custers last stand took place, Bull Run, Ft. Sumpter, Valley Forge, certain sites in Boston like Fanieul Hall, State House, etc, that are sacred to our history and history.  

I guess we have different values Straw.  

Fury

• Getbig V
I also value and appreciate history.  I got my AA in history back in 97.  Community college, sure, but still, I love history and I studied a great deal of it.  

It's possible to love history but not be caught up in the emotions of it too much... I dislike intangible things about how ppl "feel" or how many feet away is less painful, etc.

Anyway, joe scarborough said it this morning.  every 2-3 weeks, we have another silly issue like this... it was naacp last month.  and we all take our eye off obama's spending.  so he wins on this one.  For the last 5 weeks, we've talked about race and 911 hatred... and how much of our tax dollars did obama spend in that 5 weeks?  lol...

You know, it's completely possible to discuss more than one topic at a time. Seeing as 99% of the threads about Obama's handling of the economy go ignored on here by the Obama supporters, it's not surprising that the mosque threads are getting the most action. They actually open their suckholes in these.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

1.  Some of us can focus on more than one issue at once.

2.  I have focused like a lazer on Obama's disgusting acts.  Did you even read my thread about what he is doing to the Fishermen?  Who elese would post that little diddy about how he is destroying this nation day by day?  

3.  Yes, as an American Citizen, I feel a patriotic, historical, and civic connection to the sites I listed.  

BORDERS, LANGUAGE, CULTURE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  ! ! !    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
to my other point... I guess i'd like to see some sort of uniformly applied list of rules as to how many years, how many feet, etc needs to be between a historical event and the construction of something which arguably disrespects it.

If these pricks were putting up a 500 foot billboard with osama bin laden giving a thumbs up, yeah, I'd say that's pretty fuct up.  But this Iman is a frequent FOX news guest, the money man behind it owns 7% of FOX and is a huge parter with rupert overseas on projects, and it's a community center containing a room for worshiip (and other mosques are actually closer) and people are getting all riled up.

I dont get it.  

I just don't get it.  

And the fact the same people who said it would be 'disrespectful to the victims' to fully investigate the events of 911... being the same ones who are so offended by this...

it's partisan politics, plain and simple.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You know, it's completely possible to discuss more than one topic at a time. Seeing as 99% of the threads about Obama's handling of the economy go ignored on here by the Obama supporters, it's not surprising that the mosque threads are getting the most action. They actually open their suckholes in these.

Completely agree.  Most people can discuss multiple topics. 

And you are absolutely right about the reason why they want to build the GZ mosque.  Has nothing to with promoting tolerance. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
to my other point... I guess i'd like to see some sort of uniformly applied list of rules as to how many years, how many feet, etc needs to be between a historical event and the construction of something which arguably disrespects it.

If these pricks were putting up a 500 foot billboard with osama bin laden giving a thumbs up, yeah, I'd say that's pretty fuct up.  But this Iman is a frequent FOX news guest, the money man behind it owns 7% of FOX and is a huge parter with rupert overseas on projects, and it's a community center containing a room for worshiip (and other mosques are actually closer) and people are getting all riled up.

I dont get it.  

I just don't get it.  

And the fact the same people who said it would be 'disrespectful to the victims' to fully investigate the events of 911... being the same ones who are so offended by this...

it's partisan politics, plain and simple.  

Screw off with your crap spin.  I live here fool and this has nothing to do with partisan politics.  i was revolted by the KSM trials and this too. 

Take you MSNBC spin on another thread. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Why wouldn't you share it?  A terrorist group attacked the USA in NYC killing 3000 people in the name of Islam and now they want to build a Muslim Community Center 3 blocks from GZ on the site of a building damaged int he attack and you don't have problem with that?

It's like Japan wanting to build an Embassy on Ford Island after WW2.

I agree with Ron Paul wrote and I made similar statements a few days ago before RP published that piece:

In my opinion it has come from the neo-conservatives who demand continual war in the Middle East and Central Asia and are compelled to constantly justify it.

They never miss a chance to use hatred toward Muslims to rally support for the ill conceived preventative wars