Author Topic: OWS Poll: Doesn't represent unemployed America, not ideologically diverse  (Read 7487 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: OWS Poll: Doesn't represent unemployed America, not ideologically diverse
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »
I wouldn't even call this a "movement" at this point.  It's just a collection of people engaging in protests, without knowing what the heck they're protesting about.  They have no leader, no message, no real agenda.  It's pretty pointless at this stage. 

They have a lot of work to do if they want to actually become like the Tea Party. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

Uh yeah retard, you made the claim back it the fuck up.

You can't and now you wanna go the bitch route.

BTW, you don't understand the purpose.  You have no fucking idea what they want, what they stand for, what they are demanding. 

The organizers themselves can't even name what the fuck they want and now it looks like more riff raff than OWS.

The claim has been backed up.  Your method of 'effectiveness' is not the same as mine.  I don't care that they have no coherent message, they have forced people like you to acknowledge their view on the injustice of the current system.  That is what this all stems from. 
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
I wouldn't even call this a "movement" at this point.  It's just a collection of people engaging in protests, without knowing what the heck they're protesting about.  They have no leader, no message, no real agenda.  It's pretty pointless at this stage. 

They have a lot of work to do if they want to actually become like the Tea Party. 

Perhaps if the Koch brothers fund them like they did the tea party we will see a more campaign style of protesting.  however, that is not always the endgame for every protest. 
Abandon every hope...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
Your right..shitting against a patrol car is a goal all in its self.
L

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
Your right..shitting against a patrol car is a goal all in its self.

Yes lets take one idiot and pretend they are all like that.   ::)
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »
Perhaps if the Koch brothers fund them like they did the tea party we will see a more campaign style of protesting.  however, that is not always the endgame for every protest. 

Money is important, but what good is funding if they don't have a clear agenda? 

What do you think the point of these protests is?  (I have no idea.)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 03:34:56 PM »
Money is important, but what good is funding if they don't have a clear agenda?  

What do you think the point of these protests is?  (I have no idea.)

It's rooted in a collective frustration with the government, large business and the failure of the "American dream" for many people.

It's easy to see they feel disenfranchised, but they all have different views on what the problem manifests itself as or what the solutions are.  

Having a collection of diverse viewpoints is a positive.  
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
It's rooted in a collective frustration with the government, large business and the failure of the "American dream" for many people.

It's easy to see they feel disenfranchised, but they all have different views on what the problem manifests itself as or what the solutions are.  

I agree having a collection of diverse viewpoints is a good thing.  Where they are not connecting the dots is channelling those viewpoints towards a collective, positive goal.  I don't see that.  I'm not sure they do either.  If they don't get focused, all they become is just a bunch of crybabies.  They need to get focused. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
Very diplomatic of of u beach.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 04:02:29 PM »
When they start protesting at their college campuses for duping them into taking on six figure debts to get worthless degrees then I'll pay attention. Until then, blaming the banks for your loan problems is laughable. They'd be blaming the banks if they DIDN'T give them the money to take on those loans.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Yes lets take one idiot and pretend they are all like that.   ::)

i'm pretty sure tens of thousnads of protesters have shit on police cars.  The lamestream media is just covering it up.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »
The claim has been backed up.  Your method of 'effectiveness' is not the same as mine.  I don't care that they have no coherent message, they have forced people like you to acknowledge their view on the injustice of the current system.  That is what this all stems from. 

LMFAO.  Forced me to acknowledge their view?

I don't even know their views.

You don't even know their views dumbass, haha.

They can't even name their views.

I think it's pretty much settled, they're not effective and you've yet to point to anything they've done that's been effective at anything.

Blacken, you're supporting this shit.

Maybe you can show they've been effective at something?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 04:17:34 PM »
Baltimore Occupiers Discourage Sexual Assault Victims From Going To The Police, Will “Supply Abuser With Counseling”

(Baltimore Sun) — Efforts by the Occupy Baltimore protest group to evolve into a self-contained, self-governing community have erupted into controversy with the distribution of a pamphlet that victim advocates and health workers fear discourages victims of sexual assaults from contacting police.

The pamphlet says that members of the protest group who believe they are victims or who suspect sexual abuse “are encouraged to immediately report the incident to the Security Committee,” which will investigate and “supply the abuser with counseling resources.

The directive also says, in part, “Though we do not encourage the involvement of the police in our community, the survivor has every right, and the support of Occupy Baltimore, to report the abuse to the appropriate authorities.”

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
Report: ABC Reporter’s Life Threatened at Occupy Oakland, “We Shoot White Bitches Like You Around Here”

Early yesterday morning, we received a tip from a reader in the San Francisco East Bay area who informed us that a local reporter’s life had been threatened by an activist at the Occupy Oakland demonstration.

Our source, who is fearful of reprisal and has requested anonymity, says that KGO-TV’s Amy Hollyfield was accosted by a man who threatened her and used a racial slur:

“We shoot white bitches like you around here.”

Other local morning news reports from three of the major Bay Area stations suggested that the Occupy Oakland tent city had descended into rat-infested squalor with complaints of vandalism, public urination, sexual harassment, and sex in public.

The night before, local CBS affiliate KNTV had reported that one Occupy Oakland activist had set his dog on a reporter in a vicious attack that would have maimed his arm had the reporter not been wearing a suit jacket.

http://bigjournalism.com/abreitbart/2011/10/20/source-abc-reporters-life-allegedly-threatened-at-occupy-oakland-we-shoot-white-bitches-like-you-around-here/

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
Occupy Los Angeles Spokeswoman Refuses To Condemn Woman Standing Next To Her Calling For Jews To Be Run Out Of America

"Jews have been run out of 109 countries throughout history and we need to run them out of this one."

Fired LAUSD teacher Patricia McAllister's latest anti-Jewish comments were made while standing right next to a spokeswoman for the Occupy LA protests. Given the opportunity to condemn the remarks on behalf of the Occupy movement, she refused.

http://www.breitbart.tv/occupyla-spokeswoman-refuses-to-condemn-teachers-antisemitic-statements/

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
NPR Host Fired After Serving As Occupy DC Spokeswoman

An NPR opera host has been fired after she admitted to serving as a spokeswoman for the ongoing Occupy D.C. movement.

Lisa Simeone said Thursday she was fired over the phone while NPR’s code of ethics was read to her. Earlier this week, Roll Call reported she was affiliated with October 2011, an Occupy-related group currently holing up in D.C.’s Freedom Plaza.

“Well, I work in radio still, but this is totally different,” Simeone told Roll Call on Tuesday. “I’m a freelancer.”

Simeone was the host of “Soundprint” and “World of Opera.” Neither program was produced by NPR, but “World of Opera” was distributed by the station and “Soundprint” aired on local affiliates.

“I find it puzzling that NPR objects to my exercising my rights as an American citizen — the right to free speech, the right to peaceable assembly — on my own time in my own life,” Simeone told the Baltimore Sun on Wednesday before she was fired.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/npr-host-fired-after-serving-as-occupy-dc-spokeswoman/

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »
Wall Street Occupiers Still Desecrating The American Flag

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »

why arent they protesting the govt then? protesting corps doesnt do shit, b/c they have no control over these corporations other than not giving them their business which these morons cant seem to understand as they text and talk on their iphones LMFAO...

did you feel that the reason the left went after and goes after the tea party and palin is b.c they felt they were so effective?

probably not....

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 03:57:49 PM »
why arent they protesting the govt then? protesting corps doesnt do shit, b/c they have no control over these corporations other than not giving them their business which these morons cant seem to understand as they text and talk on their iphones LMFAO...

did you feel that the reason the left went after and goes after the tea party and palin is b.c they felt they were so effective?

probably not....

Probably because of the view that the corporations are our government.  They decide who to fund and who not to fund, and money = political success in this country.
Abandon every hope...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »

probably not....

I'm going to take a different angle.

First, I propose that there is no "normal" core.  The libs keep desperately trying to claim that only the "fringes" are getting the headlines.  Sadly, if there was any real normal core group of people, they would have at least have gotten an understandable, comprehensive list of issues that they want dealt with and the "fringe" would be long since off the headlines.

Reality seems to me to be - the majority of the group is a bunch of nuts and only a tiny, tiny fraction are normal.

Second, the only common theme I've been able to discern is....

wait for it.....

"GIVE ME FREE SHIT".

Yes, maybe the corporations will pony up in an attempt at good will (not likely, but maybe).  Pay my mortgage, college costs, food, whatever.