Author Topic: I’m no climatologist but…  (Read 2941 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I’m no climatologist but…
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »
This doesn’t sound like global warming: ???

Cold Casualties: Sharksicles And Frozen Iguanas : The Two-Way : NPR

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/05/575863292/cold-casualties-sharksicles-and-frozen-iguanas

In Florida, it's raining iguanas. And in Cape Cod, sharksicles are washing ashore.

The unusual cold that has slammed the U.S. East Coast is wreaking havoc with wildlife, particularly the cold-blooded variety. As one no doubt remembers from grade-school science class, reptiles and fish take heat from their environment — when it is warm enough, all is well, but if it gets too cold, you can expect scenes like this.

Social media has been witness to reports of downed iguanas. Suddenly immobilized by the near-freezing temperatures, in their catatonic state they plummet from trees.

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: I am no climatologist but…
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »
Have to get your wording right. It is called "climate change" now. That way they can't be wrong like they have been so many times in the past. A simple wording change alleviates all of the inaccuracies.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:32:26 AM »
Have to get your wording right. It is called "climate change" now. That way they can't be wrong like they have been so many times in the past. A simple wording change alleviates all of the inaccuracies.

True, they made a mistake initially calling it global warming. Climate change is impossible to falsify. Then again, why would anyone think the climate would be a constant?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
The Russians are to blame.

QuietYou

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:16:50 AM »
Don't you worry bud. The down syndrome stricken libs are actually using this as a way to prove that global warming exists.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:29:55 AM »
Don't you worry bud. The down syndrome stricken libs are actually using this as a way to prove that global warming exists.

This is the level of mental illness you’re dealing with. When you read the article, you find out that the rest of the world means the Artic and Antarctica.

States Across U.S. See Record-Cold New Year's Day As Rest Of The World Boils | HuffPost

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/new-years-temperature_us_5a4abec7e4b025f99e1cff97

In Antarctica, where a Delaware-sized iceberg broke off last summer, temperatures were 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degrees C) higher than normal. And the Arctic, which is warming about twice as fast as anywhere else on the planet, started 2018 with temperatures 6.8 degrees F (3.4 degrees C) warmer than average.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: I’m no climatologist but…
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
This doesn’t sound like global warming: ???

Cold Casualties: Sharksicles And Frozen Iguanas : The Two-Way : NPR

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/05/575863292/cold-casualties-sharksicles-and-frozen-iguanas

In Florida, it's raining iguanas. And in Cape Cod, sharksicles are washing ashore.

The unusual cold that has slammed the U.S. East Coast is wreaking havoc with wildlife, particularly the cold-blooded variety. As one no doubt remembers from grade-school science class, reptiles and fish take heat from their environment — when it is warm enough, all is well, but if it gets too cold, you can expect scenes like this.

Social media has been witness to reports of downed iguanas. Suddenly immobilized by the near-freezing temperatures, in their catatonic state they plummet from trees.

great point

there is no way we're having record high heat every year if we also have record snow in the winter

make's perfect sense provided you're a total moron

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 01:23:43 PM »
great point

there is no way we're having record high heat every year if we also have record snow in the winter

make's perfect sense provided you're a total moron

What is logical is not having record cold during a time when the earth is supposed to be getting warmer. You would expect higher highs and higher lows.

Once again, the mental illness of liberalism on full display. You could be on verge of freezing to death and still be bitching  about global warming.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 01:28:38 PM »
What is logical is not having record cold during a time when the earth is supposed to be getting warmer. You would expect higher highs and higher lows.

Once again, the mental illness of liberalism on full display. You could be on verge of freezing to death and still be bitching  about global warming.

we're having more extreme weather in all seasons

we had record rain, hurricanes and fires this year

having extreme cold in the winter doesn't negate the fact we're having record heat in the summer

we hear this same bullshit every year

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 01:46:55 PM »
Climate change has been going on throughout the history of the earth
No difference now.

Nothing to see - Move Along pls

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
Climate change has been going on throughout the history of the earth
No difference now.

Nothing to see - Move Along pls

1st statement is true

2nd statement is almost certainly not completely true (i.e. there is a difference now)

Here's my question - what is the downside to doing things to attempt to slow down the rising temperatures we've been seeing each year?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »
At various stages throughout the earths history
It has been warmer & colder than it is now
Without influence from human

And so it will continue.

If the earth was in a cooling stage now
Would the same people be wanting to find
Ways to warm the earth up.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »
we're having more extreme weather in all seasons

we had record rain, hurricanes and fires this year

having extreme cold in the winter doesn't negate the fact we're having record heat in the summer

we hear this same bullshit every year

Moving the goalposts yet again. We were told that the earth is getting warmer, not more extreme in both directions.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »

And so it will continue.

That Huffpo article I cited claims that the rest of the world is boiling and one of the reasons is that the Arctic was 6.8° warmer  in 2018. The date of the article is January 1. So they’re using a sample size of one day when the temperature was a few degrees above average. Could you imagine claiming global cooling because on the first day of summer it was 72° and opposed to a historical average of 80?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »
Moving the goalposts yet again. We were told that the earth is getting warmer, not more extreme in both directions.

wrong

we were told that climate change would bring more extreme weather, more extreme storms, etc..

back to my question - Here's my question - what is the downside to doing things to attempt to slow down the rising temperatures we've been seeing each year by doing such things are improving green energy sources and reducing the burning of fossil fuels.  What's the worst case.  We end of with cleaner, sustainable energy?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 02:55:39 PM »

Here's my question - what is the downside to doing things to attempt to slow down the rising temperatures we've been seeing each year?

Here’s my answer & question

And so it will continue.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
wrong

we were told that climate change would bring more extreme weather, more extreme storms, etc..

back to my question - Here's my question - what is the downside to doing things to attempt to slow down the rising temperatures we've been seeing each year by doing such things are improving green energy sources and reducing the burning of fossil fuels.  What's the worst case.  We end of with cleaner, sustainable energy?

Yes, but therein lies the inconsistency: Warmer weather ISN'T a necessary ingredient in extreme weather. How the powers-that-be connected those two points and actually went out of their way to present it as if it were an AHA! moment in the history of climatology is beyond me.

I hate to say it but... climate warming TO ME seems to be nothing but a huge campaign on the part of some millionaires and their crony media outlets to shape the public opinion to move toward alternative energies. Presumably because they are waist-deep in alternative energy stocks.

Like I said before, I am an avid weather fanatic, have my own weather station, and can attest to how the media attempts sensationalize cold fronts and other forms of extreme weather (they are making a mountain out of the latest cold weather mole hole, yet, just last week, we were in the teens and they chose to remain mute about it). Like I said before, they now name storms, regardless of intensity or origin, and outlets like the Weather Channel actively OVER-forecast bad weather, especially weather around New England. When we have a snow event like the one we had this past week, The Weather Channel purposely includes the I-95 corridor big cities in forecasts and potential high-accumulation areas just so that they can get more ratings, NOT BETTER WEATHER FORECASTS. They do this ON PURPOSE, and it annoys the shit out of people. They talk about 6' of snow as though it's a historic event for the city of NY. Either that or have than moron Cantore jumping around after thunder-snow.

It's a comedy show.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 07:45:14 AM »
The Roman Warm Period, or Roman Climatic Optimum, has been proposed as a period of unusually warm weather in Europe and the North Atlantic that ran from approximately 250 BC to AD 400.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Warm_Period

The Medieval Warm Period (MWP) also known as the Medieval Climate Optimum, or Medieval Climatic Anomaly was a time of warm climate in the North Atlantic region that may have been related to other warming events in other regions during that time, including China and other areas, lasting from about c. 950 to c. 1250.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 08:42:53 AM »

Here’s my answer & question

And so it will continue.

Fire up the ovens!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 10:14:26 AM »
what, there are other parts of the planet that are having record  heat waves right now?

How is that possible when it's so cold in parts of the US ?

As the eastern U.S. freezes, a heat wave is melting asphalt in southern Australia

In the northeastern United States, temperatures dipped far into the negatives this week.

The streets of Boston were flooded with icy waters that carried dumpsters away. Cars in nearby Revere, Mass., were nearly buried in frozen floodwaters. Wind chills in parts of New Hampshire could hit 100 degrees below zero (That’s not a typo, as the New York Times points out).

In Australia, however, it’s summer — and a remarkably hot one. So hot that part of a freeway was “melting.”

Such is the extreme weather greeting 2018 from opposite ends of the globe. As winter in the United States brought a historic “bomb cyclone” that unleashed heavy snow and days of bone-chilling winds to the East Coast, summer in Australia, particularly in the south and southeastern parts of the country, is delivering a “catastrophic” heat wave, with maximum temperatures hovering in the triple digits (Fahrenheit) and fires scorching thousands of acres of dry lands.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/01/06/as-the-bomb-cyclone-freezes-the-eastern-u-s-a-heat-wave-is-melting-asphalt-in-southern-australia/?utm_term=.7df271cd8e3e

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
Moron Libturds REFUSE to understand that...

Correlation does not imply Causation

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »
Moron Libturds REFUSE to understand that...

Correlation does not imply Causation

Strawman is just parroting what he’s reading in the mainstream liberal media. They’re desperate to keep their narrative going as the cold has put a damper on things. So they’re pointing out that it’s hot in Australia. Of course, it’s summer there but why sweat the details?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_2009_southeastern_Australia_heat_wave

Many areas in central South Australia, northern Victoria and inland New South Wales regularly experience temperatures over 40 °C (104 °F) for one, two or three consecutive days, sometimes more, during the summer months. During the heat wave, however, many of these regions experienced temperatures over 40 °C (104 °F) for twice as long or more, on average, than is normal for that time of year. Coastal regions and the ACT experienced slightly lower temperatures; however, these were still above average and lasted for a prolonged period

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »
We all know the US military is run by a bunch of Libs who love wasting their time and energy planning for the national security threat based on a hoax created by China and Al Gore

Dumbass Libs

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 12:41:26 PM »
what, there are other parts of the planet that are having record  heat waves right now?

How is that possible when it's so cold in parts of the US ?

You missed my question ??

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 12:42:39 PM »
Fire up the ovens!!!

Ha , Are we not doing kind of that now......
And they complaining it’s getting hot... ::)